It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
Is anyone else finding that the shelf view settings in the site and client are getting mixed up? (The client doesn't currently have manual ordering, so it defaults to date of purchase and you can choose alphabetical; then a bit later on your GOG shelf on the site is in alphabetical order instead of manual; so you change it back to manual and then the client later changes back to purchase order.) It's happened to me several times, but I can't reproduce the effect reliably to file a bug report.
VanishedOne: Is anyone else finding that the shelf view settings in the site and client are getting mixed up? (The client doesn't currently have manual ordering, so it defaults to date of purchase and you can choose alphabetical; then a bit later on your GOG shelf on the site is in alphabetical order instead of manual; so you change it back to manual and then the client later changes back to purchase order.) It's happened to me several times, but I can't reproduce the effect reliably to file a bug report.
I sent a report about something similar to this, it was closed since the Galaxy Library is not final and devs are not focusing on it at the moment.
Zap_Rowsdower: I can't install Galaxy because it keeps telling me that its missing the file MSVCP110.dll. It tells me to reinstall it but it keeps happening, I even redownloaded the whole thing from my GOG account again and it still happened. I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit if that matters any.
mrkgnao: See issue #992.
Thanks. fixed it.
I just tested the new client. All the games I had installed with the previous version of the client still appear as installed in the left panel but in the library view Wasteland 1, and Theme Park appear as not installed. If I try to reinstall them, the client does a game repair but the "installed" status doesn't appear.
Post edited December 13, 2014 by OmegaX
OmegaX: I just tested the new client. All the games I had installed with the previous version of the client still appear as installed in the left panel but in the library view Wasteland 1, and Theme Park appear as not installed. If I try to reinstall them, the client does a game repair but the "installed" status doesn't appear.
You too? http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=988

Initially it seemed to be just one game, but now I think it's affecting them all randomly.
VanishedOne: You too? http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=988

Initially it seemed to be just one game, but now I think it's affecting them all randomly.
In my case it appears that it only affects Wasteland, and Theme Park.
Finally got a chance to run Galaxy today. Everything I tested seemed to work okay so far. I was able to install, launch, and play two games successfully. I didn't run into any issues but here are some things I noticed that seem odd/confusing

1. Already installed games are not recognized by the Galaxy client. I would think any games that exist in your default install directory and library would be listed as installed in Galaxy.

2. Why is the library and installed games list two separate and distinct entities? I would expect Galaxy to be smart enough to know game x is installed and provide the same options from the library screen as the installed game screen (play, uninstall, repair, etc.).

3. Standalone installers require you to accept each games EULA during install, but Galaxy doesn't bother. Kind of nice, really, but probably not as safe.

Overall it is pretty handy. Are there plans to display current download speeds along with the percentage?
Post edited December 13, 2014 by blakekl
Is there a way to cancel downloads?
EDIT: Sorry, after searching thread, apparently not. You can only uninstall after installing.
Post edited December 13, 2014 by coolsnake
Kinda annoying that I can't alter the download/library path by writing directly in the text fields. Removing the readonly option from those fields would be nice...

Maybe saving all the previous values to temporary variables when opening the preferences window and resetting to those if the new folder don't exist when trying to save the options. Or just creating the folders if they don't.

And adding a Cancel button next to the Ok button in case you have second thoughts about the changes and want them all to revert to the previous values. Since clicking the X to close the window apparently saves the settings when IMO it ought to run some sort of revert_to_previous_values() before OnClose(). Or something.

Otherwise I'd have to remember what the variables were all set to (easy now, but less so when more options are added).
Post edited December 13, 2014 by jamsatle
Great client so far! lots of potential!

I had one issue though. for some reason Witcher 1 and 2 don't appear in my library.
Rest is all there though!
Still no way to cancel installation or did I miss that in the latest fixes? Hopefully coming up soon.
It seems like GOG Galaxy Client can't spot all of my games.
Jackgrim: It seems like GOG Galaxy Client can't spot all of my games.
Not all games are currently compatible with Galaxy. Nothing to worry about.
I'm not trying to be contrary. I'm just curious and pretty ignorant.
I've never tried this kind of client application before and frankly I don't really understand what it's for.
As far as I can see most of what it does (or will do) is already available via the GOG website (store, library, download, install, chat).
As far as I can measure so far, downloading and installing via the client is slower than doing it via the browser + installer.
I assume at some point it might add play time measurement and achievements.
There's also the auto-update, I guess.
Is that it? Why do people want this thing?
mrkgnao: As far as I can measure so far, downloading and installing via the client is slower than doing it via the browser + installer.
It shouldn't. Galaxy downloads the files themselves and adds any redistributables and/or registry entries, so download time should be similar, and you skip the extracting part.
Other than that, main advantage would be keeping a game up to date automatically, though it still requires a bit more work there.