It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
I'd LOVE it if "headlines" were actually headlines.

It makes no sense they are buried at the bottom of the main page. They are Headlines. They go at the head

At Least please have the headlines on a separate page, and allow us to set that as our main page. Right now there isn't even a quicklink to jump to them!
dwyloc: The GalaxyClient Helper Application is a real memory hog. On My 4GB system it eats up 258.2MBs of RAM as a background app and another 70MBs for the GOG Galaxy main application.
Optimisations regarding memory and energy usage are on our to-do list. Rest assured we're not over with that.
If I shift the client to the right half of the screen by dragging the taskbar and try to search for something to install in the library, I just get a grey screen. Maximising the window seems to fix this, but I can't have it take up a locked half-screen position.

Also, Alone in the Dark 2 & 3 are incorrectly listed as Extras and cannot be installed or run from the Galaxy client (a hangover no doubt from its weird inclusion as extras on the main website, which I can only surmise is for licensing reasons)
Post edited April 30, 2015 by jamyskis
uninvited: The only issue that I'm finding is I cannot change the game install/download/temp directory to anything outside of my user folder.

I have a few hard drives (C, D, & E), the GOG Galaxy Client is installed on E:\ where I keep all my programs, but when in the client and trying to pick a GOG Games folder, it only lets me select directories inside my C:\user\xxxx folder, and I can't type the install directory manually. Kind of lame.

I won't be able to toy with the client until I can actually choose where to install my games.
That looks like a bug. It should allow you to select any folder. Could you please post an issue at http://mantis.gog.com?

Liosan
It sure strains the eyes when you run it on a 4k monitor, a zoom option or some large font option would be nice.
Sadly my connection is pretty horrid so won't do all that much download checking.
Updating pillars seem to work fine although the around 3gb download size is a bit odd as it was just the minor patches I missed and it is smaller than the whole game so not a re-download.

So far I'd say it could replace my gog tab in browser thanks to the autoupdates and the fact that my browser don't get along great with the website, likely a flash thing.
I don't quite understand this. I got the key from the email about the alpha. I redeem it and it's not in my shelf. So, where do I download this?
Destro: Games that have DLC and were installed with previous alpha will appear like that in the Client - we had to make some changes in 0.7. Sadly the only fix here is a reinstall
BKGaming: So how does DLC work now, can you still select DLC or does it automatically install it? I don't see standalone DLC installers listed anymore either under game extra's.
It seems it works like ti does in Steam,where it will download the DLC with the game unless you uncheck the box for said DLC by selecting "more -> configure".
niniendowarrior: I don't quite understand this. I got the key from the email about the alpha. I redeem it and it's not in my shelf. So, where do I download this?
Refresh your account, perhaps?

https://www.gog.com/account/refresh
on Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 the Galaxy client completely breaks my computer, even in compatibility mode. Windows hard crashes and is forced to restart. Forced to uninstall in order for Windows to fully boot again outside of Safe Mode. There's no error code, it just goes straight into the "Your PC has run into a problem and needs to restart" or whatever pages. I'm sure it's just an issue with being on a Technical Preview, just think its a good idea to point it out regardless.

EDIT: currently downloading build 10074 and will see if that fixes anything
Post edited April 30, 2015 by Camoufrage
Camoufrage: on Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 the Galaxy client completely breaks my computer, even in compatibility mode. Windows hard crashes and is forced to restart. Forced to uninstall in order for Windows to fully boot again outside of Safe Mode. There's no error code, it just goes straight into the "Your PC has run into a problem and needs to restart" or whatever pages. I'm sure it's just an issue with being on a Technical Preview, just think its a good idea to point it out regardless.
Windows 10 isn't supported yet but of course it will be before release.
BKGaming: So how does DLC work now, can you still select DLC or does it automatically install it? I don't see standalone DLC installers listed anymore either under game extra's.
DCT: It seems it works like ti does in Steam,where it will download the DLC with the game unless you uncheck the box for said DLC by selecting "more -> configure".
So still the same then, that's how it was before the update to 0.7 but that was missing once it broke the game. I won't be able to re-download and re-install until tomorrow then.

Is the standalone installers for the DLC showing for you in the extra's section?
Hey, I got an invite! So GOG doesn't hate me after all. Or perhaps they do, given it's an alpha. ;)

Will install and join the fun, ta!
DCT: It seems it works like ti does in Steam,where it will download the DLC with the game unless you uncheck the box for said DLC by selecting "more -> configure".
BKGaming: So still the same then, that's how it was before the update to 0.7 but that was missing once it broke the game. I won't be able to re-download and re-install until tomorrow then.

Is the standalone installers for the DLC showing for you in the extra's section?
Nope, granted I only checked Tales of Maj'eyal so I am not sure on any others, all I seen was just one installer and that seems to be for the base game.
OK, so I tried this Galaxy thing.

Looks horrible due to the in-vogue ALL CAPS and way too much wasteful whitespace, and unlikely ever to fit any decent amount of information on a screen (and, hey, I have a high-precision pointing device that doesn't smudge my monitor, thank you very much!).

So, what can it do that I might find useful? How about install games? So, I tried to tell it where to install games to (C:\GAMES). Won't let me type "C:\GAMES" in. So I browse to C:\GAMES and it tells me I want to install to "X:\GAMES", where X: is the current drive letter of the HDD I point my C:\GAMES symlink to (Drive C: is an SSD without space for many games). Useless to me, since when I juggle stuff around after my next disk upgrade, C:\GAMES may well point to Y:\GAMES, and I created the symlink to avoid having to re-install everything after I move it over. (This is a bug I've seen in several installers.)

Uninstalled Galaxy, maybe try again next year if things look hopeful. How long and how much money did it take Valve to get to a games client with few enough bugs to make it worth bothering with on a sub-set of systems, after all? Could be worse - could be Playfire... End rant.

By the way, if you must write your own buggy installers (and GOG is one of the few games retailers with justification to do so... because 16-bit, etc.), please just give me a compressed archive with an editable install script so I can fix what you break, make it work long after you're gone, etc.! Wrap it up pretty for those who need that if you want, but give me what I need to make my games live a long, useful and fun life...

EDIT: oh, and reboot after Galaxy install in the 21st century? You're kidding, right?
Post edited May 01, 2015 by mvscot
Experienced bugtester here wondering what he needs to do to be put on the shortlist for an alpha invite.