It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
MarkoH01: first and foremost the games area (installed games) is much too big.
There will be a compact view available there. Maybe even two additional ones.

MarkoH01: The second thing that I noticed immediately is that there is no possibility anymore to manually sort your library in which I also miss my nice shelves.
You will have some additional options to manage games in your, far more powerful than just rearranging one big list. Also, this is not a final Library view :).
BillyRayCitrus: Sorry, but I'm a large newbie here, so forgive me XD.
But where can I find mantis? :/.
mike_cesara: http://mantis.gog.com
Thanks!
MarkoH01: first and foremost the games area (installed games) is much too big.
Destro: There will be a compact view available there. Maybe even two additional ones.

MarkoH01: The second thing that I noticed immediately is that there is no possibility anymore to manually sort your library in which I also miss my nice shelves.
Destro: You will have some additional options to manage games in your, far more powerful than just rearranging one big list. Also, this is not a final Library view :).
That sounds great. Yes, I have to remind myself that it is still is in alpha phase and not the final release. I will test it a bit, play around and post my feedback here. Thank you for the invitation :)
So far I'm quite enjoying the progress that has been made with Galaxy, my biggest complaint would probably be UI though... while this is fine for alpha, as we move into beta and the public gets access, I feel some big improvements will need to be made. Mainly in regards to the game page when you click on a game because it's very bland and not that great to look at. Also getting rid of the Windows look and feel, in regards to the title bar, close, window button, ect.

The left side of the client, the game cards could probably use an option to make them smaller, but overall I find the left side the client much better than the right side meaning the game pages.
Sadly all three Stalker games still Not yet played, already mentioned on mantis.
Since yesterday game pages shows played time, no idea how accurate however. For Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky says 19h what might be right, but I don't think I have already spent 23hours playing Call of Pripyat..
I noticed that there is no "download installer" option, like on the site, just an install option.
Would it be possible to add that function in? I like having the installer on hand, in case my internet malfunctions / other unforeseen event.

Also, if you hover over the Galaxy Icon in the taskbar, it doesn't tell you download progress.
Post edited April 30, 2015 by CthuluIsSpy
I've been a discrete user of GOG for some time now, and hearing about the Galaxy client really caught my attention. I can't wait to give it a try and see what it's like. An invitation code for taking it out on a test flight would be really great.
Hi. I would like to talk about few things. I think it would be good to make community and support tabs as normal tabs, not subtubs of store. The wishlist should be moved to store tab. I would be glad to see option to set default language of installers. It would be also great feature to change game language by redownloading the language files, not the whole game. There is also a problem with downloading polish version of Witcher Adventure Game, it keeps jamming and uses connection way below my capabilities. When I download polish version of W:AG from your site and install it, it gets autodetected by client as english version. Also, when i launch it via shortcut on my desktop it doesn't get detected by client. I would like also to see estimated download time.
CthuluIsSpy: I noticed that there is no "download installer" option, like on the site, just an install option.
Would it be possible to add that function in? I like having the installer on hand, in case my internet malfunctions / other unforeseen event.

Also, if you hover over the Galaxy Icon in the taskbar, it doesn't tell you download progress.
Have you checked "Download Extras" option under MORE menu on any game view? :0
Post edited April 30, 2015 by Fallen_Zen
CthuluIsSpy: I noticed that there is no "download installer" option, like on the site, just an install option.
If they games is installed, click more and then download extras... from there you can then get the installer. I don't think you can do it though if they game isn't already installed.

Fallen_Zen: Have you checked "Download Extras" option under MORE menu on any game view? :0
Huh, I was not expecting it there. Derp.
In other news, the name of the extra items are in French
At least for the witcher. Looked at mount and blade and that's in english 0_o

Manual is Manuel, soundtrack is Bande Son, etc.
Oddly enough, everything else is in (Library, Game Extras, etc) is in English.
Will try to find a setting.

Is there a "download all" option for the extras?
Post edited April 30, 2015 by CthuluIsSpy
BKGaming: If they games is installed, click more and then download extras... from there you can then get the installer. I don't think you can do it though if they game isn't already installed.
Yes, you can do :)
Go to library and click on the image of the game. You should get a view like this, and you can click normally "MORE".
Attachments:
ad-hoc.jpg (234 Kb)
BKGaming: If they games is installed, click more and then download extras... from there you can then get the installer. I don't think you can do it though if they game isn't already installed.
Actually, you can.
Its just that you have to click on the game in the library, and not on the arrow.
The arrow in the library doesn't have that option, but clicking on the game itself will take you to its own little page, where you do have that option.

Just a little UI quibble.
CthuluIsSpy: Huh, I was not expecting it there. Derp.
In other news, the name of the extra items are in French

Manual is Manuel, soundtrack is Bande Son, etc.
Oddly enough, everything else is in (Library, Game Extras, etc) is in English.
Will try to find a setting.

Is there a "download all" option for the extras?
You'll be able of course to set the language of the GOG Galaxy client at a later date. There's no option to schedule download of all extras with one click.
oh god. One of those scroll bars has to go.

Content no longer dynamically re-sizes to fit the Galaxy client window.

Galaxy Client should not have to be constantly re-sized. Function to remember size and position please.