It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
!!! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (see below)

Where can I find Galaxy logs on my computer?
On Windows 7 or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Mac OS X: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- throttling max download speed is not yet possible
- notifications related to incoming chat messages and friend requests does not always disappear instantly when consumed and may require reloading Store page
- games imported from existing installations will auto-update once, even if updating is disabled
- Moving Galaxy from /Applications on Mac OS X will stop the app from working
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer
Post edited October 03, 2016 by Liosan
high rated
Hi Everyone,

Below you can find the changelog of GOG Galaxy.

Changelog 1.1.15 (September 7th, 2016):
Changes / Improvements:
• Added Wallet button in dropdown menu under user's avatar
• Performance improvements on UI speed and a little on CPU usage
• Enabled copying text in Galaxy forums
• History will now remember only the 100 most recent pages in history
Bugfixes:
• Fix for "Disk access problem" bug, which broke installation and updates of games. (Bug happened on Windows only, but general mechanism is better on OS X as well)
• Fix for Verify/Repair, which did not work in some scenarios (The above bug for example)
• Fix for "Server problem" while downloading backup installers or other goodies. They will now work, even if temporary download folder is same as destination folder
• Fixed situations in which Store page sometimes did not load properly after waking up computer

Changelog 1.1.16 (September 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• Galaxy now supports H.264 codecs
• Much better handling of paying using third party processors (PayPal, paysafecard etc.)
• Friends and chat window now scale with the system scaling factor
• New and prettier GOG Eula will be used in games
• Better handling of loading timeouts

Bugfixes:
• "INSTALLED" label will appear all pages of the library now
• Fixed a bug with game time tracking for some games. Galaxy will now register more than one minute:)
• Fixed a bug in which Galaxy in rare cases could not be able to update the game (bug rather existed in rollbacks)
• Galaxy will no longer show a little bit of bare code upon launching
• Fixed blurred images in sidebar expanded list mode

Changelog 1.1.17(hotfix September 20th, 2016):
• Fixed crashes and 'Disk Access Problem' caused by updating Galaxy from 1.1.12 (and earlier versions) to 1.1.16

Changelog 1.1.18 (October 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• More accurate game time tracking mechanism
• Improved mechanism showing current online status between friends

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to stop tracking game time

Changelog 1.1.19 (October 25th, 2016):
Improvements:
• We have removed download size from Galaxy updater. It showed faulty data, as Galaxy Updater doesn't download > 100mb each time and only downloads differences. It will come back in nearest future, when it will show correct data:)
• The first check for game updates will be done 15s after Galaxy starts, instead of 5 minutes.
• OSX: Improved mechanism responsible for removing old files left by Galaxy updates
• OSX: Improved the way Galaxy handles installing games into protected locations like /Applications; you will receive a password prompt about a "Helper tool" installation

Bugfixes:
• Fixed "Essential components missing" error which sometimes appeared after fresh installation
• Fixed a situation where failure in Updater could lead to Galaxy not being able to launch
• Fixed self-update on OSX to properly delete leftover files
• Fixed friends window losing functionality after network loss and reconnect
• Fixed blurry Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
• Galaxy will remember maximised window status

Changelog 1.1.20(November 2nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed installing XNA4 and other msi-based dependencies.
• Store page won't be reloaded twice upon logging in

Changelog: 1.1.21 (November 17th, 2016)
Improvements / changes:
• Added "with preview updates" suffix to Galaxy window title
• Small optimizations with memory and Galaxy loading time
• Small improvements with updater, it should fail less

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug with Galaxy refreshing pages
• Fixed occasional crashes

Changelog 1.1.22 (November 22nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will no longer freeze when downloading a game update and checking another game in library
• Galaxy should crash even less now:)

Changelog 1.1.23 (November 28th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will be now able to reconnect to internet correctly, if computer was put to sleep and then woken up without (initially) Internet connection
• Downloading of games/updates should have less impact on starting other installations

Changelog 1.1.24(December 6th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Downloading an installer with Galaxy and using it to install the game should not result in redownloading the whole game again
• Updater should no longer report over 100% progress on download

Adjustments:
• Increased timeout for failures during sign in
• Increased timeout for "Loading Timeout"

Changelog 1.1.25 (December 20th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed a crash when trying to install certain games (Game affected was 1979 Revolution: Black Friday).

Changelog 1.1.26 (December 23rd, 2016, Preview only)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 26th, 2017, Preview)
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 31th, 2017)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.28 (March 10th, 2017)
Changes / Improvements:
- Better support for differential patches. They are now seperate depending on game's language and system bitness
- Italian & Japanese partial support + more Spanish translations
- Improved checking for new available updates of the games
- We'll sort available DLCs alphabetically
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash when Galaxy doesn't have permissions to the logs directory
- Fixed showing empty grey page after a while of inactivity
- Fixed infinite spinner after going to support page
- Fixed displaying of prices in cart when they were over 999 (Bug caused by a comma in the price)
- MacOS: Popup windows (for example chat) will no longer open as a tab but as a separate window instead
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak (~30MB upon GOG Galaxy launch)
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak while playing a game

Changelog 1.1.29 (March 14nd, 2017)
Changes:
- Changes in downloading mechanism, which allows for better control over download's flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed displaying progress of differential patches (It did not display the "Extracting" status)

Changelog 1.1.30 (March 16th, 2017)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash within games downloading mechanism

== PREVIEW UPDATES* ===

HOW TO ENABLE PREVIEWS?
Go to your Galaxy settings and check the option to receive preview updates.

HOW TO DISABLE PREVIEW?
- Uninstall Galaxy
- Download current installer from gog.com/galaxy
- Install Galaxy
- Import your games

Changelog 1.2.0 (March 22nd, 2017)
Changes and improvements:
- Cloud saves backup and syncing (supported games only)
- Screenshot capture with F12 (supported games only)
- In-game overlay with FPS counter and notifications (supported games only)
- Greatly improved chat, also in overlay
- Ability to enable or disable achievements, game time tracking, auto-updating games and more
- Desktop and in-game notifications system
- Ability to set bandwidth limit and scheduler
- New settings window
- Rarity information in achievements
- Abort button next to installation status
- Only one Galaxy Updater window will be shown in most cases
- GOG Galaxy updates will be downloaded in the background
- Games are now downloaded directly to their install directory, instead of a temporary location
- Galaxy changelog is displayed in Galaxy

Bugfixes:
- Fixed game time tracking issues
- Initial size of Galaxy Client window will respect Windows scaling
- Improved Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
- Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to redownload whole data in case of a failure of installation/update
- Thumbnail highlighting in media gallery now works properly
- Decreased client's network and CPU usage (especially for a lot of games)
- MacOS: Fixed situation when Galaxy Client could downloading due to App Nap
- MacOS: Fixed crash when logging out with "New post" popup open
- MacOS: Fixed game processes not being properly cleaned up after exiting
Post edited March 22, 2017 by TheTomasz
high rated
For everyone who has a problem with missing api-ms-crt dlls in Client's versions post 1.1.5:
Please install one of those windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118401
You may need to update Windows to meet the requirements for these:
For Windows 8.1 and for Windows Server 2012: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919355
For Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976932

You can also try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2015 (x86) if you meet above requirements.
Available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If above instructions doesn't work for you, create a separate issue on mantis.gog.com and we'll try to help you individually.

Please note that this solution only helps with the missing api-ms-crt dlls.

========================================================================================

Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

This is happening probably due to incompatible database from version 1.2, please delete this folder:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage
usually
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\storage\

Then you'll have to use scan&import (menu under the top Galaxy logo) function to see your games back in Galaxy Client.
Attachments:
Post edited March 27, 2017 by TheTomasz
Yikes, tried installing the new client and it's coming up with the error and then I tried installing the windows update Tomasz put up and it says my computer isn't compatible even though it's Windows 7 x64 with the service pack installed :/ up all night trying to find a fix with C++ and all that noise and I ran in to problems with that too. Looks like the end of Galaxy for me. And it was so convenient too
Taro94: It's a question of whether content is protected somehow. It's a question of whether it's protected in a way that will make it impossible to use (or use some of it) years from now, when the plug is pulled.
JMich: Let me reprhase. A game that requires a CD-key to play multiplayer, and the CD-key has to be verified, either that it is unique to the current server's players or that it exists in a database.
Is that a game with DRM or not?
Single player doesn't care about the CD-Key at all.
Once again - if a game requires connection to external servers to authenticate, it is DRM, because if these external servers ever become unavailable, you're left locked out from multiplayer that you should have rightful access to.

CD-key verification in multiplayer can, however, be DRM-free. Neverwinter Nights is an example of that. The key you use is only checked against keys of other players on the server you're playing on - if the key is already in use, the connecting player is kicked out of the server. This method does not involve connecting to an external server. In fact, master server for NWN is dead now and if the game required you to connect to it to verify your key, multiplayer of this game would be now gone forever.
Taro94: Once again - if a game requires connection to external servers to authenticate, it is DRM, because if these external servers ever become unavailable, you're left locked out from multiplayer that you should have rightful access to.
So, the ArmA games on GOG, the Wargame: European Escalation and the Two Worlds games are DRM'd. Good to know. That would take it back to 2011 for ArmA, or 2010 for Two Worlds, though I'm not sure if the first Two Worlds does require a login for multiplayer, or if it even has.
Good to know Galaxy didn't change anything.
XyleDaylight: Yes and no = not optional. Unless you consider not using an account-based client as optioning yourself out of aspects of a game. Terraria does not have this issue, sporting crossplay between DRM/DRM-Free, Mac, Linux & Windows. Direct IP connect, listen servers and dedicated user servers are a thing.
Which is true. But even the Terraria devs I believe added Steamworks on Steam to make connecting with people online easier in one of the last updates. So while it's perfectly do able it is far from a "simple" way to get into an online game., especially for people who are looking for a system where they can just click MP and have the system match them with people.

At the end of the day, this is a simply a deign choice as all features are, but I'm not going to argue which is better. Not including MP the way you want it to be designed doesn't suddenly make the game have DRM. Obviously using the an api to provide MP functionality doesn't prevent piracy or even try to manage/prevent piracy which is what DRM does, as all of these games are still pirated to death compared to something like "always online" which is typically used to manage game piracy.

Using something like the Galaxy api typically makes adding MP support cheaper, quicker, and easier. When you compare that with the fact that most MP communities die out with a year or two after a game is released, if they even find one, it not hard to imagine why a dev would want to design there game this way which has nothing to do with DRM.

Terraria should be considered the exception to the rule, not the norm. Most newer games coming to GOG are coming from Steam which uses steamworks (which yes can include DRM, but that is one small part of what steamworks does). Dev's are not going to re-design the online portion of their games just for GOG, not for the smaller market share GOG provides, there going to what an api solution that can quickly implement which GOG has provided them with via Galaxy.

As far as Galaxy really being optional, every thing in life is optional (except death of course). It is optional because you don't have to use it, you do have a choice. Now that choice could mean you miss out on some features sure, but it's not required just to play. It's required for certain features, which you are made aware of when you buy it.

It's like buying new car and having the OnStar service inside it. You can use the car just fine without it, the service is optional. But to get the benefits of that service you have to subscribe to it. To get the benefits of Galaxy, ie Galaxy MP, you have to subscribe to it by using it.
Post edited March 28, 2016 by BKGaming
Guys, PLEASE, is there a way to resume a broken download on Galaxy?

My download was on 98% complete, then I got a BSOD.

So I restarted my computer, opened Galaxy client again and I got a very bad surprise: my download wasnt on the list anymore.

My internet connection is at a very poor state, so downloading again is totally out of question.

Image of the download folder attached
Attachments:
There's nothing wrong with adding Steamworks to EASE connection. What's wrong is making connection dependent on such things as Steamworks.

Most online communities die out within a few years? It's difficult to predict which ones do and the gem that is Neverwinter Nights would be dead now community-wise... IF they implemented multiplayer DRM. But they didn't and thank God for that, because there are still dozens of servers after 14 years of the game's release.

This strategy (adding DRM to multiplayer) is supposed to reduce piracy (which it most often fails to do anyway) and make customers buy new games instead of sticking to the ones they bought.

If people were more eager to speak against multiplayer DRM there would at least be chances of the practice being greatly reduced some day. But if people say "I can understand the devs", then all games will slowly turn into products designed for a single use.
TomaszGOG: For everyone who has a problem with missing api-ms-crt dlls in Client's versions post 1.1.5. Please install this windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226
You may need to update Windows (Like having service pack 1 in Win 7) for this update to be applicable.
What if this method doesn't work? The said windows update says that there is no need for it, so it doesn't install, and the Galaxy can't be run without it...
BKGaming: Which is true. But even the Terraria devs I believe added Steamworks on Steam to make connecting with people online easier in one of the last updates.
As an option.

BKGaming: So while it's perfectly do able it is far from a "simple" way to get into an online game., especially for people who are looking for a system where they can just click MP and have the system match them with people.
Typing [connect 123.456.789] is a damn simple way to connect to anyone. What's wrong with direct IP connections or just a server browser? A matchmaking system is seldom favorable over any of this and in fact costs more to code I'm sure. But adding such a thing is fine as an option. Not that that word means a thing around these parts anymore with the drones of DRM apologists.

BKGaming: At the end of the day, this is a simply a deign choice as all features are, but I'm not going to argue which is better.
You're not? Well I am. The design choice that compliments DRM-free is better. There.

BKGaming: Not including MP the way you want it to be designed doesn't suddenly make the game have DRM.
Spare me. The way I want it to be implemented on gog is to simply to not need a 3rd party software client that functions only with login credentials. At the cost of their official servers? Fine. I prefer to host my own and play on others', anyway.

BKGaming: Using something like the Galaxy api typically makes adding MP support cheaper, quicker, and easier.
For who? The developers?Are you honestly saying downgrading the final product for the paying customer for the sake of convenience on the developers side of things is something you're not only ok with... but are supporting? Especially at the cost of making the true drm-free versions of games (the ones with all features and don't need a client) have less features? Dear lord... hail corporate.

BKGaming: As far as Galaxy really being optional, every thing in life is optional (except death of course). It is optional because you don't have to use it, you do have a choice. Now that choice could mean you miss out on some features sure, but it's not required just to play.
The mafia analogy... for real? You don't have to pay protection money... but it would be a shame if anything happened to your multiplayer there *nudge nudge*. So I guess I was right, it's optional... as long as you're ok with optioning yourself out of aspects of the game. You're not being sent to hell, you choose to go there by not joining X religion. Again, steam games are pretty much DRM free as long as you option to never actually launch them. (Although there are actually a handful of DRM free games on steam)

BKGaming: It's like buying new car and having the OnStar service inside it. You can use the car just fine without it, the service is optional.
Horrible analogy. An online multiplayer-designed game missing online multiplayer without 3rd party software is not a small loss.

Try this analogy. You're not allowed to drive your car alongside any of your friends' on the road unless you and all the other drivers log in to a device separate from the cars.

BKGaming: To get the benefits of Galaxy, ie Galaxy MP
ie none. The steam version of Dying Light has MP, a Linux cross-platform release and more players which also needs a client to play online. Galaxy is a glorified downloader, making games that, for whatever reason, are split into multiple stand-alone installations that little bit easier to manage.

BKGaming: Terraria should be considered the exception to the rule, not the norm.
Why should it be? It delivered a really good product with no DRM, cross-platform (Mac, Linux, Windows, Steam, GOG etc) at an extremely good asking price with sales often dropping to to the price of a bag of chips. That' not an exception to any 'rule' you seem to think exists. The rule of lowering standards? It showed high standards, it raised the bar on what the money:content ratio should be in a game.
XyleDaylight: As an option.
Of course.

XyleDaylight: Typing [connect 123.456.789] is a damn simple way to connect to anyone. What's wrong with direct IP connections or just a server browser? A matchmaking system is seldom favorable over any of this and in fact costs more to code I'm sure. But adding such a thing is fine as an option. Not that that word means a thing around these parts anymore with the drones of DRM apologists.
It's not that simple to new PC users or less experienced PC users. For a game like Terraria, you first have to find a server to connect to, then find it's IP, then on some servers make an account for that server. There is reason consoles use matching making, and why services like Steam and GOG are trying to emulate that experience. It's simple, easy to do, and the majority want it. I'm all for options but I'm not however going to call it DRM because a dev doesn't provide the "options" your looking for in a game.

XyleDaylight: You're not? Well I am. The design choice that compliments DRM-free is better. There.
And your free to believe that. I'm personally am fine with both.

XyleDaylight: Spare me. The way I want it to be implemented on gog is to simply to not need a 3rd party software client that functions only with login credentials. At the cost of their official servers? Fine. I prefer to host my own and play on others', anyway.
Naturally. I don't fault you for wanting that, it would be preferred. I simply don't agree with your notion that by not doing that it constitutes DRM. Be mad at the design choice.

XyleDaylight: For who? The developers?Are you honestly saying downgrading the final product for the paying customer for the sake of convenience on the developers side of things is something you're not only ok with... but are supporting? Especially at the cost of making the true drm-free versions of games (the ones with all features and don't need a client) have less features? Dear lord... hail corporate.
I'm being realistic, which tends to happen when you think about it logically instead of at a emotional level. We get it, you don't like. But step back and be realistic. Would you as a dev use an already provided api to offer MP or spend possibly weeks/months integrating direct connection/player hosted servers, costing you time, money, for very little benefit as it's very unlikely that many people would play online in your game for more than a year or two, especially on GOG were the user base (and potential market) is small as it is.

And as a consumer I would prefer getting the game in full, regardless of the type of MP it uses compared to the gimped no MP version we would get if this was considered DRM, if we got the game at all. Expecting devs to completely re-design their games when moving from Steam to GOG without the easy to use tools provided by Galaxy is simply unrealistic.

XyleDaylight: The mafia analogy... for real? You don't have to pay protection money... but it would be a shame if anything happened to your multiplayer there *nudge nudge*. So I guess I was right, it's optional... as long as you're ok with optioning yourself out of aspects of the game. You're not being sent to hell, you choose to go there by not joining X religion. Again, steam games are pretty much DRM free as long as you option to never actually launch them. (Although there are actually a handful of DRM free games on steam)
There is a significant difference between the option to play or not play or the option to use a feature or not use a feature. And there is entire argument to be made about Steam's DRM that has nothing to do with online MP. Steam confirms your ownership, in which it gives you permission to play or to do anything. Not exactly the same thing were talking about here. One is designed explicitly for control of the product the other is simply providing tools to aid development.

XyleDaylight: Horrible analogy. An online multiplayer-designed game missing online multiplayer without 3rd party software is not a small loss.
To some people, driving a car without GPS/wifi, etc is not a small loss. It however does not impede your ability to use the car. It's all subjective, plenty of people on GOG (arguably most) do not care about online MP. Plenty people on GOG also don't care if they lose access down the road to online MP, to them, single player is more important to preserve. So to these people it is a "small loss".

XyleDaylight: ie none. The steam version of Dying Light has MP, a Linux cross-platform release and more players which also needs a client to play online. Galaxy is a glorified downloader, making games that, for whatever reason, are split into multiple stand-alone installations that little bit easier to manage.
Again it's subjective, none to you but plenty of benefits to others.

XyleDaylight: Why should it be? It delivered a really good product with no DRM, cross-platform (Mac, Linux, Windows, Steam, GOG etc) at an extremely good asking price with sales often dropping to to the price of a bag of chips. That' not an exception to any 'rule' you seem to think exists. The rule of lowering standards? It showed high standards, it raised the bar on what the money:content ratio should be in a game.
I meant in the larger sense that games today typically don't provide that. In this day an age that is the exception. Not saying it should or shouldn't be simply what is.

At the end of the day, there is only one thing that matters here. GOG defines DRM Free. There is no universally accepted definition as to what DRM free means, and yes you may think you know what it means but that doesn't make it universally accepted. GOG has clearly set online MP separate from the DRM free stance long before Galaxy (see games with CD keys and third party accounts on GOG before Galaxy). You either agree with their view or you do not, and as a consumer you can accept that or move on to another shop. All of this won't change anything, Galaxy is here to stay.
Post edited March 28, 2016 by BKGaming
XyleDaylight: Typing [connect 123.456.789] is a damn simple way to connect to anyone. What's wrong with direct IP connections or just a server browser? A matchmaking system is seldom favorable over any of this and in fact costs more to code I'm sure. But adding such a thing is fine as an option. Not that that word means a thing around these parts anymore with the drones of DRM apologists.
I can answer this one, since I have followed closely a project that attempted to do this.
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 has added a multiplayer option to the game, that does use direct connect. The result is at best a buggy, crash prone mess, at worst unplayable. There are frequent disconnects, attempting to use smoke grenades will flat out disconnect both players, and we were almost certain that wind speeds also affected the stability of the game.
Direct IP connection is not a problem if the game is set up in a way that it already has a server that players connect to, like Terraria or Minecraft. It is a much bigger problem if the game is set up in any other way, so it makes much more sense to use an available framework instead of writing your own, similar to why developers prefer to use an available engine (unity, id tech, frostbite etc) instead of writing one from scratch. An available framework and/or engine should be bug free already, but one you write yourself will need the usual round of testing and fixing, which does mean a great increase in time needed to develop your game. It may present you with long term benefits, since you'll have an available framework/engine to work with, but that depends on you being able to survive the initial development period, as well as making enough money from your product to warrant a sequel.

P.S. Take a look at this Asylum KS update which tells why the dropped the engine they were making for a few years and decided to use Unity instead, and how that affected their timeline. Ready made engine vs custom made one.
lordkratos_o: Guys, PLEASE, is there a way to resume a broken download on Galaxy?

My download was on 98% complete, then I got a BSOD.

So I restarted my computer, opened Galaxy client again and I got a very bad surprise: my download wasnt on the list anymore.

My internet connection is at a very poor state, so downloading again is totally out of question.

Image of the download folder attached
The client will recognize and skip the downloading of files which have already been completed. If you restart the installation of your game, you should not lose the progress you have made :)
Foiled: The client will recognize and skip the downloading of files which have already been completed. If you restart the installation of your game, you should not lose the progress you have made :)
Hm, I don't recall seeing you here, have you posted in the forum before and I missed it, or have you been (wisely?) avoiding us?
Why does thing download games you already have downloaded Before galaxy was a thing?
Its pretty annoying that galaxy cant be smart enough to see the files are identical! (even when you copy the files to galaxys download folder AND the "temp" download folder!)

"Import Folder!" is also quite useless. What is the point in *only* having the option for installed games? If you uninstall it, and you have the game files, Galaxy will still re-download everything if you later want to play(install) the game again.

Even Steam does this! And it also got a Backup function exactly for not having to re-download games.
Post edited March 28, 2016 by Joridculous
Joridculous: "Import Folder!" is also quite useless. What is the point in *only* having the option for installed games? If you uninstall it, and you have the game files, Galaxy will still re-download everything if you later want to play(install) the game again.

Even Steam does this! And it also got a Backup function exactly for not having to re-download games.
This option is not for installed games, this is for games in your library, which have files on the PC, Galaxy will just download what is missing, like updated Versions and so on, but not everything. And you don`t have to copy your Games in a Temp folder, just copy the game files in the directory, where the game should be installed. In Galaxy in your library click on More - Manage - Import Folders and it will be imported.
Games with newer installers will be found automatically, older ones have to be added manually.

And you don`t need a backup function, just copy the game folder somewher and copy it back later and it will automatically be added again.
I don't seem to be getting notification in Galaxy to forum replies... it seems very flaky at best.