It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cheongzewei: wow watching arnob's game really reminded me of my own

failed dodges from the D.elves, but sucessful rolls when they really matter.

Though arnob didn't play as stupidly as I did. He tried his best, but the dice wasn't in his favor.
Well, actually i think they were very heavily on arno's favor. Especially first half there were plenty of failed dodges and E_A run out of rerolls pretty fast on both halftimes. Norse were on their feet most of the match, unlike DE's which had pretty much "downtime". ...however despite getting most of his team off the pitch, the critical few TD -related dice did work out for E_A.

Did come at steep cost though.

..and damn, i want some st5/ag5 vamps running on the pitch. Pretty please Nuffle?
A hard-bought victory. Between me trying to stall his team and my elves (once again) botching the simplest dodges (which left my team horribly exposed) Arnob managed to lay quite the smack-down on me. At several points I had not a single player left standing. In total, he knocked me down nearly twice as often as I managed to even roll block dice against him (regardless of result).

Given that I was very lucky to get out with "only" two stat decreases and two more MNGs. In the end I won by sheer and utter luck (especially with my passes). Not glamorous, but it beats the alternative :D.

Thanks to my fair and pleasant opponent for a very tense and fun game!

My thralls are about to test some dwarf blocking abilities in few minutes.

edit: i have developed sudden guard allergy.
Post edited October 04, 2013 by iippo
http://www.twitch.tv/realaningan
And finals will be dwarfs vs dark elves

They game froze on my turn 20/20, while i was about to try my one last desperate pass-catch-dodge manouver for 2-2 equalizer. Apparently dodging away from diving tackle guy and trying to hypno him when he has fallen on pitch is "No-No".

As the rules state, we could have played rematch - but after all the pummeling i received and Nuffle frowning on me, i thought id better not push the issue: http://postimg.org/image/fr5hg9stz/

So ive forfeited the match and validated it after abandoning. Thus Aningan progresses to finals.

Aningan has solid dwarf team and has a very solid playstyle that fits it - despite i absolutely detest dwarf's guard wall (...playing against it that is), its ofcourse totally valid tactic and i think Aningan has earned his advancement. Ill upload the replay soon to google drive.

gg Mr A.!
iippo: trying to hypno him when he has fallen on pitch
Why would you do that for? O_O

hypno goes away when a player makes a move. Any move.
So when are the finals going to be?

Please announce them early on, not that one has to stumble across the match by chance ;-).
Post edited October 05, 2013 by HannoB
iippo: trying to hypno him when he has fallen on pitch
cheongzewei: Why would you do that for? O_O

hypno goes away when a player makes a move. Any move.
I did action chain - clicked dodge route (away from extra assist) to move to better position to hypno (3+ vs 4+) and then double clicked to hypno -> it tried to do it all as one action. Not first double click to move+dodge and then hypno as separate. Had i done this latter, the bug would not have happened as i would not have been able to try hypno lying player in the first place.

and yes, despite already once mixing up that same diving tackle dwarf for the other blitzer which did not have diving tackle..i did the same mistake again after like 30s.

----------

Aningan / E_A, please do post something, lets not keep season 3 waiting ;)
Post edited October 05, 2013 by iippo
Well I'm out of town for a couple of days visiting my folks. We'll arrange something when I get back.
Well I'm here. Just send me a steam or GoG message once you're available :-). Have fun with your relatives!
Oh for chrissake ...

Any of our U.S. users willing to buy an ebook on Barnes & Noble and send it to me as a gift? You'll then get it back in GoG games or the like? They are having a Barbera Hambley sale for 1.99$ today: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/those-who-hunt-the-night-barbara-hambly/1103310761?ean=9781453216446

This "only available in this and that location" stuff is getting ridiculous :-(. And they let me walk all the way through setting up an account and giving them my credit card info before telling me :P.
Post edited October 06, 2013 by E_A
E_A: Oh for chrissake ...

Any of our U.S. users willing to buy an ebook on Barnes & Noble and send it to me as a gift? You'll then get it back in GoG games or the like? They are having a Barbera Hambley sale for 1.99$ today: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/those-who-hunt-the-night-barbara-hambly/1103310761?ean=9781453216446

This "only available in this and that location" stuff is getting ridiculous :-(. And they let me walk all the way through setting up an account and giving them my credit card info before telling me :P.
I can do it for ya

check your PM's!

Edit: The eagle has landed
Post edited October 06, 2013 by rcthedigitalhero
E_A: Oh for chrissake ...

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/Those-Who-Hunt-the-Night-H0.aspx?SearchTerm=Those+Who+Hunt+the+Night

ive bought pile of used and few new books from USA from that site. Unless theyve added it recently, they dont have shipping costs to EU.
Dwarfs vs Dark Elves will be played on Thursday evening. Time is not yet set, we'll post later.
as forum is a bit sleepy those days, i would like to ask for an advice for my skavens

shall I introduce rat ogre to the team or not?

+str
+frenzy
++cage breaking
-av (8)
-wild animal
--cost

***originaly posted in the wrong thread :(***