It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Zimerius: well of course, there's always the minority percentage that confirms the fact ;D
I don't think I follow, I hope it was a good joke I just missed. Perhaps we have different opinions on what the *fact* really is.
low rated
Zimerius: well of course, there's always the minority percentage that confirms the fact ;D
Cadaver747: I don't think I follow, I hope it was a good joke I just missed. Perhaps we have different opinions on what the *fact* really is.
The joke was surely misplaced
This is the latest God Of War game?
HighElderMaxson: This is the latest God Of War game?
Yes.
arsalan12: God Of War is finally coming on Steam. Here's hoping that it also releases on GOG.
Gersen: Personally I would prefer if the good... I mean the old ones would be released on PC too. I have the 2018 on my PS4 but I never managed to finish it. Might try again if it's released on Gog but I don't hold my breath.
Yeah. I also like the old GOW games more than the new one. But I'm still very happy that I can finally play God Of War on PC.
ShadowWulfe: What about the first GoW?
Still a Playstation exclusive but I hope that Sony eventually releases old GOW games on PC too.
Post edited October 20, 2021 by arsalan12
Having played all of the previous GoW games, I'm excited to finally be able to play this one, hopefully on GOG, as the PS3 was the last Sony console I plan on buying. Additionally, every Playstation exclusive that comes to PC just gets us closer to Spider-Man coming over.
kai2: Sorry you didn't care for it. I thought it was fantastic... and I enjoy the earlier games as well.
Yeah I don't know. It's not that it's a bad game just that, for me at least, it doesn't feel like a God of War game at all, it felt like a run of the mill modern third person brawler with a GoW skin on top.

If I have to give a comparison, I would say it's like if the original GoW were "Duke Nukem 3D" and the new one was "Call of Duty Modern Warfare" it just didn't had the fun, pacing and over topness of the originals.
Horizon Zero Dawn came so heres hoping God Of War comes as well!
mak625: Horizon Zero Dawn came so heres hoping God Of War comes as well!
Days Gone didn't however, that bothers me a bit.
Well, I can't compare it to the previous games in the series as I only played this one, but I enjoyed it a great deal. It's not perfect, I do have some issues with it (like the lackluster final fight and "twist" at the end), but it was a lot of fun to play, I enjoyed how character driven it was, the sense of going a meaningful journey and the art direction. And I liked the medium-size semi-open world approach. Much better than something like Horizon Zero Dawn, which just felt empty, bland and soulless in all the same categories.

But then I also appear to be one of the few people who actually liked Order 1886, so what do I know :D
low rated
I can't wait for the new wave of Pony Salt and the Fritanga Plays response video. Daddy Frit is correct, I'm addicted to Pony Salt, I live for it now.
Post edited October 21, 2021 by CMOT70
Too bad it's the shitty one and not one of the older, actually good ones.
Imho it's a God of War only in name.
Post edited October 21, 2021 by NuffCatnip
kai2: Sorry you didn't care for it. I thought it was fantastic... and I enjoy the earlier games as well.
Gersen: Yeah I don't know. It's not that it's a bad game just that, for me at least, it doesn't feel like a God of War game at all, it felt like a run of the mill modern third person brawler with a GoW skin on top.

If I have to give a comparison, I would say it's like if the original GoW were "Duke Nukem 3D" and the new one was "Call of Duty Modern Warfare" it just didn't had the fun, pacing and over topness of the originals.
Ok, I do understand that. Yes, the earlier games definitely are pure power fantasy and this one is trying to deconstruct that power fantasy... a little bit. In my case, I loved the dichotomy of Kratos not wanting to fight anymore, but being the God of War -- and having his new family threatened -- doing just that. I really got invested in the relationship with his son. Meanwhile...

... I fell out-of-love completely with The Last of Us. That series crashed-and-burned IMO.

I loved playing the early God of War games (and do own them), but there's only so many times you can visit the same well IMO.
Breja: But then I also appear to be one of the few people who actually liked Order 1886, so what do I know :D
The Order: 1886 is a great game... if you can get beyond the mediocre staging of many of the gunfights. Story. Setting. Lore. Tone. IMO still the most beautiful game I have ever played. Such a shame Ready at Dawn will never make 2.
Post edited October 21, 2021 by kai2
Breja: But then I also appear to be one of the few people who actually liked Order 1886, so what do I know :D
kai2: The Order: 1886 is a great game... if you can get beyond the mediocre staging of many of the gunfights. Story. Setting. Lore. Tone. IMO still the most beautiful game I have ever played.
I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, the setting, lore, characters and mood definitely more than made up for the flaws of the gameplay for me (which was not terrible either, just sort of ok). And it's to me a great example of how "short" and "linear" can be pros and not cons - a well paced linear campaign with a well sustained tone can be so much better than an empty open world and filler content.
Seems like a good game, though I very much tire of the Sony/Ubisoft open world format. Still, the style and setting are up my alley enough I'll play it eventually. Annoying I won't know the story from the earlier ones, but everyone says this is a mini-reboot anyway.
StingingVelvet: Seems like a good game, though I very much tire of the Sony/Ubisoft open world format.
It's not that Assassin's Creed/Watch Dogs/Horizon open world format. Like I said, it's a smaller, more crafted, only semi-open world. I never got that empty world/copy-pasted marker hunting from it.

StingingVelvet: Annoying I won't know the story from the earlier ones, but everyone says this is a mini-reboot anyway.
It'd definitely designed as a jumping on point. I think the only thing I would have been better prepared for have I played the previous games is not so much the story itself, as just how fast and loose the game plays with the mythology. There are some nods to the previous games of course, but I think they are understandable enough even when all the context we have is what this game implies.