It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you have what it takes to survive this chaos?

We’ve gathered a plethora of great roguelike and survival games that invite you to take up the challenge and try out, just how good you are at staying alive. With Git Gud Sale you better get good, and snatch these games for up to 90% off!

Put your skills to the test with:
Outlast (-85%)
The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (-66%)
Dwarven Skykeep (-50%)
Tomb Raider GOTY (-80%)
Mainframe Defenders (-85%)
MOTHERGUNSHIP (-80%)
…and many more – all waiting HERE.

A variety of incredible, challenging titles – now, on a Git Good Sale. There's nothing like a thrill of a good old roguelike or survival game, so get your skills up and finally get good! The sale lasts until October 16th, 9:30 PM UTC.
Memecchi: Difficulty can be used as a conscious, artistic choice if you want to depict a harsh world or just offer a good challenge, it's not just ramping up some numbers, a realistic CoD (something like Tarkov) would obviously have more identity

And no, it's not subjective at all, otherwise hardcore games would not have that reputation of being hard. Sure, you can find a supposedly challenging game easy, but that's probably because you already have a ton of experience with the genre and/or mechanics, but it's still designed to be tough
Of course it is subjective. Someone who plays those "hardcore games" will find the next one much easier than someone who never played one before. That's why the "artistic choice" argument is bull - you can't make it so that everyone will actually experience it the way you envision. For some it will be easier because of their experience/innate skill, for others literally impossible - and presumably neither is what the "artist" is going for. That's why options are the best choice. An experience player can ramp up the difficulty, to experience a challenge that might otherwise not be there for him, someone who doesn't have the experience or the time to repeat stretches of a game over and over will get a difficulty that will still challenge him, but will be playable for him. Remember, to be a "challenge" it must still be possible for the player, anything else is basically that Dirty Harry NES game that will just lock you in a room without an exit and spray paint "ha ha ha" on the wall.

If you really think difficulty isn't subjective, go play chess against a grand master. I'm sure you'll both have the exact same experience.
GOG.com: Git Gud Sale – you better get good with these games
BreOl72: Always despised the "git gud" meme.
How about you make your games accessible for all sorts of gamers, instead?
I agree. I've spent a lot of time avoiding difficult games. I want to have fun, not frustration :)
MarkoH01: Problem with this approach is that you shut people out that would love to play these games. I never understood why a difficulty OPTION could be a bad thing.
It's not a bad thing. But it takes development time to implement difficulty options properly. Unless you want the usual "enemy health/damage -50%" of course, which can potentially lead to disastrous results (as % adjustments often do).

And some devs don't want players to allow to ruin the intended experience they carefully crafted and balanced. Imagine you made an intricate obstacle course, crafted over several years, an array of carefully placed obstacles along the intended path with various traps, jumps and taking an estimated 40 minutes to beat. And then the person you let run your obstacle course decides to walk around the obstacle course, walk through the exit from the other way in 2 minutes and then claims your obstacle course sucked. I bet you'd feel at least a bit disappointed and annoyed.

But I'm sure if you'd pay for the development costs of implementing difficulty options properly, that the devs would oblige. But nobody can fault them for using resources for actually improving the game for the "target audience", rather than trying to pull over a couple from the "non-target" camp. Not to mention that testing a game so that it plays "like intended" is miles easier for one difficulty setting rather than 3 or 4.

Not to mention that you can usually find cheats and exploits online for pretty much any game anyway, if you find a game unplayably hard and still want to play it no matter what for some reason.
Post edited October 09, 2023 by idbeholdME
If you don't have any Dark Souls, you can't have a Git Gud sale. How can you have a Git Gud sale if you don't have any Dark Souls?

(On the other hand, I don't envy the job of coming up with the themes, titles, art and game selections for 2-3 new sales every week.)
Despite being tired of and considering "Git gud" one of the most obnoxious gaming memes, I love Elden Ring and would be delighted to see it on GOG one day. Been playing it for almost a year on Ps4, but I always prefer a PC version if there's a DRM free one available.
I don't really care about the sale name. Maybe I'm not bitter enough towards GOG or something. :-P
Judging from some of the comments, there's definitely a skill issue here.
"People want to play those "git gud" games, too, but don't want to actually git gud!" from the creators of "People want to listen to cool metal bands, too, but the metal music is too heavy!" and "People want to read philosophic books, too, but said books are too complicated!"

that aside, "git gud sale" without CAVE's shmups or ASW's fighting games? oh well.
UPD: at least, SNK's games are discounted. phew.
Post edited October 10, 2023 by LynXsh
LynXsh: "People want to listen to cool metal bands, too, but the metal music is too heavy!"
SO. HEAVY.
Post edited October 10, 2023 by idbeholdME
idbeholdME: SO. HEAVY.
heh, yep.
MarkoH01: There's a difference between "dumbed down" and accessible.
Sind sie zu stark, bist du zu schwach! ;-)
mainpatr: Not a single Soulslike? Really? THE genre that popularized the "git gud" meme. TR 2013,one of the easiest games I have ever played,come on.
Thymesia I think technically counts as one.

As others have said. THis sale name highlights a gaping void in the GOG library that needs to be corrected.

Whats worse is that there are some proper titles that would have fit here already on GOG. Lords of the fallen, Decay of Logos, Necropolis, ect.

All this sale seems to have is Thymesia.

But to have a "gitgud" sale populated with the likes of "no possible way of failing Walking dead" dialogue games does not a Git gud make. Its almost as insulting and missing the point as suggesting that Souls games need an easy mode.
Post edited October 13, 2023 by viranimus
MarkoH01: Regarding this sale: How do you "git gud" in the Walking Dead?
Mastering all the button-mashing QTEs without a single frown or growl! ;P
GOG,

The GOG store's main page has the Git Gud Sale with approx 3 HRS left.

If you click through the Git Gud Sale tab, the Git Gud Sale page shows 1 DAY 3 HRS left.

If I click on a game from the Git Gud Sale page (ie Tomb Raider GOTY), the game's page shows 3 HRS left for the discount sale price.

So what is it?

3 HRS left in the Git Gud Sale?

Or 1 DAY 3 HRS left in the Git Gud Sale?
kai2: GOG,

The GOG store's main page has the Git Gud Sale with approx 3 HRS left.

If you click through the Git Gud Sale tab, the Git Gud Sale page shows 1 DAY 3 HRS left.

If I click on a game from the Git Gud Sale page (ie Tomb Raider GOTY), the game's page shows 3 HRS left for the discount sale price.

So what is it?

3 HRS left in the Git Gud Sale?

Or 1 DAY 3 HRS left in the Git Gud Sale?
Yesterday I noticed it too. Now both are in sync, then the day+ was the one.
You might want to log an entry here for historical purposes

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_wrong_countdown_timezone_promo_of_gog