It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: Order of the Thorne is grabbing all input in fullscreen mode, so you can't even Alt+Tab out of the game (it's a problem with Allegro lib, which is used by AGS - the engine used in Order of the Thorne). It's a common issue with real fullscreen X11 windows. I reported this bug here: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/issues/202

And upstream it's here: https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/issues/392

If you can make AGS match your screen resolution in windowed mode (I managed to do it for 1920x1200 using "6x nearest neighbor" filter that ags provides) - the best workaround is to run it like that and then turn it into fullscreen with your window manager (KDE allows that and you can even set a persistent window rule like that). This way grabbing of keyboard shortcuts doesn't happen.

Related: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=121907
Ugh. Don't remind me. When I started one AGS game, I wound up reaching for another device to SSH in and kill it because it had a long, unskippable intro that it had locked me into when all I wanted to do was test whether it was configured appropriately for future play.
ssokolow: Ugh. Don't remind me. When I started one AGS game, I wound up reaching for another device to SSH in and kill it because it had a long, unskippable intro that it had locked me into when all I wanted to do was test whether it was configured appropriately for future play.
Such grabbing usually doesn't prevent you from switching to another virtual console (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+F1 for instance). From there you can minimize that fullscreen window with something like wmctrl or simply kill the process.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by shmerl
ssokolow: Ugh. Don't remind me. When I started one AGS game, I wound up reaching for another device to SSH in and kill it because it had a long, unskippable intro that it had locked me into when all I wanted to do was test whether it was configured appropriately for future play.
shmerl: Such grabbing usually doesn't prevent you from switching to another virtual console (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+F1 for instance). From there you can minimize that fullscreen window with something like wmctrl or simply kill the process.
I can't remember whether I forgot that or whether it just didn't work for some reason.
Hey guys, I know it's not well (or at all?) documented, but AGS has a hard-coded abort on ALT-X. I know that doesn't remotely solve the full-screen ALT-TAB problem, but at least you won't have to remote in to kill the app. You could also switch VT's and kill it from a text console via CTRL-ALT-F#, if I recall correctly from dev and testing.

As for the bug itself... well, I certainly don't relish the idea of rewriting the Allegro 4.x full-screen code (which trentg suggested would be required). Personally, I'd rather prefer spending that time and effort to port AGS over to SDL2 instead, which comes with it's own mountain of painful issues, but is definitely worth it in the long run.
_sd: As for the bug itself... well, I certainly don't relish the idea of rewriting the Allegro 4.x full-screen code (which trentg suggested would be required). Personally, I'd rather prefer spending that time and effort to port AGS over to SDL2 instead, which comes with it's own mountain of painful issues, but is definitely worth it in the long run.
Yeah, it makes sense for AGS to switch to something like SDL. Especially it will also seamlessly support Wayland, unlike Allegro.
Post edited January 29, 2016 by shmerl
Anyone know of a reliable way to fix Vsync in Unity games?
king_mosiah: Anyone know of a reliable way to fix Vsync in Unity games?
It didn't work for me for example in Pillars of Eternity.
I would like to "report a bug" on Linux

I use Linux Mint 17.03:
All the GoG installers for linux create a window way wider than my current monitor, Probably because the installer uses the desktop resolution as a reference rather than the current monitor resolution.
As a suggestion, probably the maximum width of the installer could be limited to 1024 pixels;

I don't have this problem when I install things on my laptop or when I use only one screen.
Attachments:
Post edited February 03, 2016 by MoonSong
Memoria will be released for Linux: https://steamdb.info/app/243200/history/

I hope GOG will get it in a timely fashion.
MoonSong: I would like to "report a bug" on Linux

I use Linux Mint 17.03:
All the GoG installers for linux create a window way wider than my current monitor, Probably because the installer uses the desktop resolution as a reference rather than the current monitor resolution.
As a suggestion, probably the maximum width of the installer could be limited to 1024 pixels;

I don't have this problem when I install things on my laptop or when I use only one screen.
That's strange, I have the same distro and I never see any of our Linux installer windows get that stretched, Could send that screenshot over to Support, please, so we can investigate it?
hi all. I'm trying to get Ford Racing 3 to run on wine, but so far it's a dud.

I get it to start up, but it crashes when the opening vid is suppose to play. I've installed WMP9 + codecs using PoL, and set Devenum to native (also DX9), but still crashes.

the log file state:

[02/06/16 10:44:05] - Running wine-1.9.3 fr3.exe (Working directory : /home/telanus/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Ford_Racing_3/drive_c/Games/Ford Racing 3)
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x1000139e (thread 0034), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x1000139e).
Any idea why and if it's possible to get further than that?

EDIT: Finally got it to work. Had to install Dx Jun2010, WMP 9 then 10 & then WMFDist11-WindowsXP-X86-ENU, and set devenum as native only (and dropped it into the game folder). Now it works :D
Post edited February 06, 2016 by te_lanus
Does anyone know if Consortium developers are still planning to support Linux? It's quite a long time since the release, and they still don't (even though their Kickstarter page says they planned it).
Post edited February 12, 2016 by shmerl
Getting the following error when I try launching Starbound:

static QPlatformTheme* QKdeTheme::createKdeTheme(): Unable to determine KDEHOME
Detecting old starbound directory layout and migrating from Koala to Giraffe...
Bailing out! It does not appear that we are running in an installed copy of starbound
load glyph failed err=24 face=0x17ea110, glyph=0
load glyph failed err=24 face=0x17ea110, glyph=3
load glyph failed err=24 face=0x17ea110, glyph=3
launch_launcher.sh: line 7: 6268 Floating point exception(core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./qt5libs ./launcher

Happens in Manjaro and Kubuntu both are 64bit and running Plasma5.
MoonSong: I would like to "report a bug" on Linux

I use Linux Mint 17.03:

That installer is not from our version of the game, for starters.
So, I'm on my way to buy a new video card.

I'm using Mint 17.3 and am wondering if GTX970 would do well on it.

I'm asking because my current card is AMD R9 380 and the drivers for it... are pretty much non-existent, and the benchmarks out there show that Nvidia's drivers outperform AMD's... by a mile!

Thoughts?

Thanks!