It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

numberonehangestan: Such a shame that Wasteland 3 has no co-op on Linux on GOG (but it does on Steam) ebcause no Galaxy. Devs literally confirmed this (…)
This is nothing but a poor excuse from inXile.

We have no DRM-free co-op on Linux because they decided not to develop it. Galaxy has nothing to do with this decision.
numberonehangestan: Such a shame that Wasteland 3 has no co-op on Linux on GOG (but it does on Steam) ebcause no Galaxy. Devs literally confirmed this (…)
vv221: This is nothing but a poor excuse from inXile.

We have no DRM-free co-op on Linux because they decided not to develop it. Galaxy has nothing to do with this decision.
I disagree, if they use the galaxy API on mac + windows, yeah it would be annoying to create an entirely seperate version just for linux players (may not even be able to play with mac and windows players)

Co-op is on Steam for Linux so they have no aversion to co-op on linux
numberonehangestan: Co-op is on Steam for Linux so they have no aversion to co-op on linux
That’s why I wrote DRM-free co-op on Linux ;P
vv221: That’s why I wrote DRM-free co-op on Linux ;P
It's probably better to call it lock-in free co-op. Certain back-end service they rely on here isn't DRM really, but it ties the user to that specific store / service. That's the issue of lock-in, not of DRM.

You can write a network support that works without back-end services, but then it's far from trivial to implement something like matchmaking, NAT traversal and the like. That's why developers often use the simple way of using existing services provided by Steam or GOG, which in practice ties their release to availability of those services.

The fact that it also ties the release to some client that's bundled into Steam or GOG updater client is not really an inherent limitation, it something that could be avoided, but that's how they implemented things, because they use authentication from those clients, because they want only those who bought the game from the store to be able to use the network backend. Fully decentralized solution would have been nicer and wouldn't require that.
Post edited January 12, 2021 by shmerl
vv221: That’s why I wrote DRM-free co-op on Linux ;P
shmerl: It's probably better to call it lock-in free co-op. Certain back-end service they rely on here isn't DRM really, but it ties the user to that specific store / service. That's the issue of lock-in, not of DRM.
They are synonymous here. Galaxy and Steam are mandatory *third-party* software that are imposed on me if I want to play multiplayer Wasteland 3.

DRM is the mean, lock-in is the result.
Game is not launching stuck at 92% where it load and lanches. What gives?
JohnDavidGallant: Game is not launching stuck at 92% where it load and lanches. What gives?
What game?
Please, provide your OS specifications ("$ inxi -CGmMpS" output).
Also, provide the "$ ldd -r ./<geme_executable>" output for good measure.
high rated
I just noticed that GOG lists Ubuntu support as 18.04. What happened with 20.04 LTS support?

I'm not really using Ubuntu, but I think it's an indication of GOG Linux support deteriorating further and GOG not keeping up with the progress of things.
Post edited January 14, 2021 by shmerl
shmerl: I just noticed that GOG lists Ubuntu support as 18.04. What happened with 20.04 LTS support?
You've been here long enough to know that Linux support by GOG is a bad joke ;)

Of course they don't know that the current Ubuntu LTS is the 20.04. I would guess that no more than one or two individuals at GOG know what "Ubuntu" is.
shmerl:
vv221:
I believe this is the wrong thread for these discussions, because wild speculations and complaints about GOG's level and quality of support are neither FAQ, nor Troubleshooting.

Maybe, it is just me, but I'd rather have this thread relatively tidy and accessible to Linux newbies, than cluttered with Linux gurus' complaints. Seriously, guys, you are putting Linux community in bad light.

P.S. Not that I am trying to pretend to be a mod or something, so, no offense, OK?
Post edited January 14, 2021 by Alm888
Alm888: I believe this is the wrong thread for these discussions, because wild speculations and complaints about GOG's level and quality of support are neither FAQ, nor Troubleshooting.
Strictly original title wise yes, but I think this has become the general thread about all things Linux on GOG, simply because it's the biggest and the most established one and other threads are much less likely to gain any attention from GOG.

I'm not sure they are even reading this thread to be honest. Since @linuxvangog left the company, support was probably outsourced somewhere and no one is paying attention anymore.

And I would say not supporting more recent LTS can fall in the category of troubleshooting, since it will start leading to the increasing number of problems, no doubt as the time goes on.

vv221: Of course they don't know that the current Ubuntu LTS is the 20.04. I would guess that no more than one or two individuals at GOG know what "Ubuntu" is.
I really hope not, but I'm increasingly getting such impression as well.
Post edited January 15, 2021 by shmerl
shmerl: I really hope not, but I'm increasingly getting such impression as well.
linuxvangog is gone, JudasIscariot is silent, I actually can't remember the last year I've read about any blue using Linux.

We're lucky that GOG is home to a lot of great Linux hackers developing and maintaining tools making our lives easier, instead of waiting for improvements of the official (lack of) support ;)
numberonehangestan: Such a shame that Wasteland 3 has no co-op on Linux on GOG (but it does on Steam) ebcause no Galaxy. Devs literally confirmed this

https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054502611-Mac-and-Linux-Co-op-Connection-Information

"Linux players on GOG cannot use the GOG Galaxy overlay, and thus have no currently available co-op options at this time."
Shitty devs.

Every multiplayer game should have a LAN lobby and an option to enter the IP of a server instead of relying on, or in addition to, stupid matchmaking software.
Just one WINE related issue I'm having on my new laptop. (WINE version from debian bullseye, if that matters.)

* Hollow Knight (native Linux version) works fine when it comes to controller input. In particular, the D-pad works as it should (except for the issues of accidental diagonals that hits this 8bitdo controller, though that doesn't hurt Hollow Knight as badly as it hurts Celeste).
* The Alliance Alive, played via WINE, doesn't handle the D-pad quite right. Left and right on the D-pad are mapped to up and down for some reason, and up and down don't appear to be mapped at all.

Does anyone know what's going on here, and how I would fix it? It's rather cumbersome using the analog stick for menus, particularly during combat (which is menu-based in this particular game).
dtgreene: Just one WINE related issue I'm having on my new laptop. (WINE version from debian bullseye, if that matters.)

* Hollow Knight (native Linux version) works fine when it comes to controller input. In particular, the D-pad works as it should (except for the issues of accidental diagonals that hits this 8bitdo controller, though that doesn't hurt Hollow Knight as badly as it hurts Celeste).
* The Alliance Alive, played via WINE, doesn't handle the D-pad quite right. Left and right on the D-pad are mapped to up and down for some reason, and up and down don't appear to be mapped at all.

Does anyone know what's going on here, and how I would fix it? It's rather cumbersome using the analog stick for menus, particularly during combat (which is menu-based in this particular game).
I want to know these:
- distro used
- controller used
- kernel version (if it's non vanilla then also specify branch)

You can use controller wrapper and map keys yourself. Tho to tell you which one I would need asnwers for above.