It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Darvond: Well, it seems this recent overhaul has absolutely broken Play On Linux's GOG installers. :V
Huh? How exactly are visual changes affecting install scripts that rely on files that were previously downloaded?
Post edited August 31, 2014 by silviucc
Darvond: Well, it seems this recent overhaul has absolutely broken Play On Linux's GOG installers. :V
silviucc: Huh? How exactly are visual changes affecting install scripts that rely on files that were previously downloaded?
Because they're more than visual, and there's the option to log in and download them as well.

Thing is, they throw up a 403 error when you try that.
silviucc: Huh? How exactly are visual changes affecting install scripts that rely on files that were previously downloaded?
Darvond: Because they're more than visual, and there's the option to log in and download them as well.

Hahaha, this reminds me of old command line utilities that relied on Yahoo's HTML code to be able to download messages. Every time it changed, tools needed fixing,

If the people that made the PoL scripts don't give users the option to use pre-downloaded files, then they're stupid. If they do, then PoL's ability to install said games is not "completely broken" now, is it? :)
Darvond: Because they're more than visual, and there's the option to log in and download them as well.

silviucc: Hahaha, this reminds me of old command line utilities that relied on Yahoo's HTML code to be able to download messages. Every time it changed, tools needed fixing,

If the people that made the PoL scripts don't give users the option to use pre-downloaded files, then they're stupid. If they do, then PoL's ability to install said games is not "completely broken" now, is it? :)
Okay, no. They do allow you to use previously downloaded files. :V
As a Windows/Linux user.... can we please get a some kind of filter or a better listing of owned games in the library and which platform there on? Hate going though each game to find installers because I forgot which is on which platform.

Even something like this would be good:

-Windows-
Games

-Windows/Mac-
Games

-Windows/Mac/Linux-
Games
Post edited September 13, 2014 by BKGaming
BKGaming: As a Windows/Linux user.... can we please get a some kind of filter or a better listing of owned games in the library and which platform there on? Hate going though each game to find installers because I forgot which is on which platform.

-Windows-
Games

-Windows/Mac-
Games

-Windows/Mac/Linux-
Games
A quick way to find your Linux games, is to type Linux on your Library's search box.
Post edited September 13, 2014 by Grargar
BKGaming: As a Windows/Linux user.... can we please get a some kind of filter or a better listing of owned games in the library and which platform there on? Hate going though each game to find installers because I forgot which is on which platform.

-Windows-
Games

-Windows/Mac-
Games

-Windows/Mac/Linux-
Games
Grargar: A quick way to find your Linux games, is to type Linux on your Library's search box.
It also responds to "ubuntu", "mint", "osx", "mac", the developer and publisher's names, and various genre tags.
data-title="ai war fleet command arcen games arcen games strategy realtime scifilinux ubuntu mint osx mac"
Post edited September 13, 2014 by ssokolow
ssokolow: It also responds to "ubuntu", "mint", "osx", "mac", the developer and publisher's names, and various genre tags.
I know that. I'm just suggesting an alternative way to find his Linux games, since he mentions being a Windows/Linux user.
ssokolow: It also responds to "ubuntu", "mint", "osx", "mac", the developer and publisher's names, and various genre tags.
Grargar: I know that. I'm just suggesting an alternative way to find his Linux games, since he mentions being a Windows/Linux user.
I was actually bringing it to attention as a way to show how much you're downplaying the usefulness of using it that way. (And to indicate how it gets its data for users who know their way around a DOM inspector.)
ssokolow: I was actually bringing it to attention as a way to show how much you're downplaying the usefulness of using it that way. (And to indicate how it gets its data for users who know their way around a DOM inspector.)
I'm not downplaying anything. I gave him the answer that he wanted; a way to sort his games by OS. If he wanted to also sort by company, genre, etc. I would have expanded my answer.
Edit: Typo.
Post edited September 13, 2014 by Grargar

-Windows-
Games

-Windows/Mac-
Games

-Windows/Mac/Linux-
Games
Grargar: A quick way to find your Linux games, is to type Linux on your Library's search box.
That actually works well... never occurred to me to try that.

Thanks guys. No need to argue about it though.
I am wondering if there is anyway to pack up some of the larger Linux games into split archives? The single deb or tarball is hard to get for me on my connection. kind of like the GOG Windows installers? just wondering if it was possible. thanks.
coryrj1995: I am wondering if there is anyway to pack up some of the larger Linux games into split archives? The single deb or tarball is hard to get for me on my connection. kind of like the GOG Windows installers? just wondering if it was possible. thanks.
It gets worse. Apparently they haven't been able to figure out how to create patches so if you want to upgrade Wasteland 2, you have to download the full 11.7 GB file in order to update.

I'm truly mystified as to why they couldn't just tar up everything except the assets and have users just untar the file over the previous install. That wouldn't bring the download to the 111MB that Windows users get, but that ought to cut at lest 4 or 5 gigs off the download.
hedwards: I'm truly mystified as to why they couldn't just tar up everything except the assets and have users just untar the file over the previous install. That wouldn't bring the download to the 111MB that Windows users get, but that ought to cut at lest 4 or 5 gigs off the download.
Yes, that doesn't look professional. I hope GOG will sort these kind of issues going forward.
hedwards: I'm truly mystified as to why they couldn't just tar up everything except the assets and have users just untar the file over the previous install. That wouldn't bring the download to the 111MB that Windows users get, but that ought to cut at lest 4 or 5 gigs off the download.
shmerl: Yes, that doesn't look professional. I hope GOG will sort these kind of issues going forward.
Somebody referred me to a post by Judas and apparently inXile changed every single file in the archive, hence the redownload.

I'm fortunate enough to not have caps on my internet, but it's a 6 hour download and God help me if some of it gets corrupted along the way or something interrupts the process as resume feature for download managers is somewhat unreliable.

I'm still trying to figure out why downloading via the Windows or OSX Download manager isn't a possibility. Granted Linux users may not have access to Windows or OSX, but most will or at least know somebody who does.

I'm also puzzled as to why they didn't split the files as Linux Mint, and presumably Ubuntu, have split built into the OS.

EDIT: Also, this is a good reason why they should offer release notes on the same page as the update link. That's what pretty much everybody else does and it helps people remember that the information is out there.
Post edited October 03, 2014 by hedwards