It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Linux version of Full Throttle is finally coming out shortly.
vidsgame: Do you have to do that by command-line or would you be able to do that by gui somehow? Also, how do you know when your game is giving you a hard time as a result of Vulkan being disabled?
shmerl: You can either do it from the terminal, or modify the .desktop launcher for the game, or for example its start.sh script which GOG provides.

I suppose you'll notice some issues, if they are serious.
I was just asking because I was having trouble running a few old games on Mint via Wine. They run fine on Windows itself and I was looking for possible causes that are easily fixable. So, thank you.
Why do I get a different checksum?

Inside gog_bio_menace_2.0.0.2.sh it says MD5="bc2c9548ba8c20b158fe9b731a590cd0" but when I calculate I get MD5="75167ee3594dd44ec8535b29b90fe4eb" instead

Game: Bio Menace
And Full Throttle for Linux is finally here. May be we need a special thread for delayed Linux releases? I bet most didn't even notice.
Post edited August 01, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: And Full Throttle for Linux is finally here. May be we need a special thread for delayed Linux releases? I bet most didn't even notice.
You should make one. It's a nice idea.
shmerl: And Full Throttle for Linux is finally here. May be we need a special thread for delayed Linux releases? I bet most didn't even notice.
vidsgame: You should make one. It's a nice idea.
I opened one here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/linux_releases
vidsgame: You should make one. It's a nice idea.
shmerl: I opened one here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/linux_releases
similar thread:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_unannounced_addition_of_linux_and_macos_versions_thread
:)
Linux should be tracked separately as things get too clustered otherwise.
Just a small thing regarding the technical behind Dreamfall Chapters. This game shows how powerful the Unity engine is, in more than 40 hours of gameplay I've had literally just 1 crash and the performance is amazing.

From what I read, it seems this game didn't have a good start in the early days but now it's a game I can absolutely recommend. :-)
Why is Full Throttle packaged as tar.gz? Not that I mind, just wonder why suddenly a difference.

UPDATE: @linuxvangog answered it here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post17108
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post17110
Post edited August 02, 2017 by shmerl
Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone knew how to be able to upgrade to OpenGL 4.6. I'm on LM 18.1, Radeon r9 255, 4.11 kernel, mesa 17.0.7, Haswell/Lenovo i7 with 16 gig ram. Have tried all the ppa's etc, and am fully upgraded with updates, but can't get past OpenGL 3.00. Thanks.
Post edited August 07, 2017 by artistgog
artistgog: Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone knew how to be able to upgrade to OpenGL 4.6. I'm on LM 18.1, Radeon r9 255, 4.11 kernel, mesa 17.0.7, Haswell/Lenovo i7 with 16 gig ram. Have tried all the ppa's etc, and am fully upgraded with updates, but can't get past OpenGL 3.00. Thanks.
just to rule out any confusion:
where do you look up your OpenGL version ?

if you open the terminal and type: glxinfo
you'll get (among lots of other text) a section that looks like this:

Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
Vendor: X.Org (0x1002)
Device: AMD CAPE VERDE (DRM 2.49.0 / 4.11.8, LLVM 4.0.1) (0x683d)
Version: 17.1.5
Accelerated: yes
Video memory: 1024MB
Unified memory: no
Preferred profile: core (0x1)
Max core profile version: 4.5
Max compat profile version: 3.0
Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.1
the important line here is 'Max core profile version', which indicates the highest supported OpenGL version.
what does it say for your card?

edit:
missed the fact that you have a Intel processor. Likely problem is that you are using only the embedded intel graphic chip instead of your AMD card.

afaik using the option DRI_PRIME you can tell a program to use your "real" graphic card. ie:
DRI_PRIME=1 gxlinfo
Post edited August 07, 2017 by immi101
artistgog: Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone knew how to be able to upgrade to OpenGL 4.6. I'm on LM 18.1, Radeon r9 255, 4.11 kernel, mesa 17.0.7, Haswell/Lenovo i7 with 16 gig ram. Have tried all the ppa's etc, and am fully upgraded with updates, but can't get past OpenGL 3.00. Thanks.
Mesa is not ready with OpenGL 4.6, but it's not far from it. You can track the progress here: https://mesamatrix.net

You should be able to get OpenGL 4.5 though.
Post edited August 07, 2017 by shmerl
immi101: if you open the terminal and type: glxinfo

the important line here is 'Max core profile version', which indicates the highest supported OpenGL version.
what does it say for your card?

edit:
missed the fact that you have a Intel processor. Likely problem is that you are using only the embedded intel graphic chip instead of your AMD card.

afaik using the option DRI_PRIME you can tell a program to use your "real" graphic card. ie:
DRI_PRIME=1 gxlinfo
Hi immi101 and thank you for confirmation, and advice about DRI_PRIME. When I run glxinfo it shows up as 4.5-compatible. Sorry I'm such a newb I'm not sure how to use DRI_PRIME; looking it up now, and tbh I think it might be above my abilities to change things; seeing some quite complex and lengthy posts about it, and don't want to hog lots of time about this, but thank you very much for drawing this to my attention, as I am learning more about graphics and general settings as I read about it, and will continue that. Sorry, graphics don't cause any issues, and I'd thought it might just be one or two commands would bump up OpenGL and improve things a bit; there's newbs for you, lol. Are there any signs of graphics drivers improving any time soon, to enable everyone to be on the latest OpenGL? edit: just seen article saying drivers out in September, yay.

Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
Vendor: X.Org (0x1002)
Device: AMD CAPE VERDE (DRM 2.49.0 / 4.11.0-13-generic, LLVM 4.0.0) (0x6835)
Version: 17.0.7
Accelerated: yes
Video memory: 2048MB
Unified memory: no
Preferred profile: core (0x1)
Max core profile version: 4.5
Max compat profile version: 3.0
Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.1

shmerl: Mesa is not ready with OpenGL 4.6, but it's not far from it. You can track the progress here: https://mesamatrix.net

You should be able to get OpenGL 4.5 though.
Hi shmerl and thank you for your response and the link about progress. Will have a good read of that. :-)
Post edited August 08, 2017 by artistgog
No Sudden Strike 4 Linux version on GoG because we don't have Galaxy.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH GOG !!!