Can you post the terminal log? I got a machine with 18.04 that I can try it out on.
Here is the part relating to OpenAL:
OpenAL error: 40964 (SoundHardware::Tick)
OpenAL error: 40964 (Audio_Tick Start)
OpenAL error: 40964 (Audio_Tick End)
Ok let's give the first shot, in the game's folder there's a folder called "lib", has 3 files inside. In many cases deleting the provided libraries and using the system's ones tends to solve a lot of problems.
The 2 packages are called libssl1:i386
(there are 2 variants 1.0 and 1.1, mine works with 1.0) and libcurl3:i386
Also: Have you installed the required library: libopenal1:i386
I'm having these same installer problems on Linux Mint 19 with Trine 2 and Mount & Blade.
By installer problems, you mean you can't install the game using the GUI setup? If yes, you can try to manually unzip it (I always do it that way). Here's how:
1) Open a terminal window where the setup file is.
2) Run: unzip -d ./"gamename" ./your_gog_installer.sh
3) You'll see a bunch of files being extracted, that's a good sign.
4) When done go to the "gamename folder" > open "data" > the "noarch" folder is all you need, you can delete the rest.
5) Move it to your desired location and you can rename it > Launch the game from the start.sh file :)