It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ChunkyMonkeyIce: ?
Surely you're aware of what happened to the Unreal series, right?
mrkgnao: From past experience, it depends (on the publisher, usually). Some continue to be updated, some do not.
ChunkyMonkeyIce: ok thanks for the answer. so then it doesn't really make a difference if listed or not, since some games don't get updates that are (still) sold on gog.
Indeed it does not really matter much, although I would hazard a guess that delisted games are a bit less likely to be kept up to date than listed ones, statistically speaking.
Post edited January 31, 2023 by mrkgnao
ChunkyMonkeyIce: what i'm wondering is: will the delisted games on gog in the library still continue to be updated for buyers when the developers release updates? In other words, are the games also directly obsolete on gog due to the delisting and are only available to buyers for download etc. in the latest purchasable version?
If a game was removed on GOG but not on Steam, and it continued receiving updates on Steam, the GOG version would most likely not be up-to-date. And that's because quite a few games were removed because the developer would not update the game here in the first place. Some of these developers would offer a Steam key to affected customers, so they can have access to the latest version. The only game I know that was removed from GOG and has continued to receive updates, is The Long Dark.
Post edited January 30, 2023 by Grargar
ChunkyMonkeyIce: ?
TheBigCore: Surely you're aware of what happened to the Unreal series, right?
ah yes. but if you have bought them you still have access to the games in your library, don't you? How that looks with updates is of course another question, but the unreal titles that were sold on gog were also good old games. many updates would not come there anyway, right? Just before christmas they were removed, right? does anyone know why this was done?

ChunkyMonkeyIce: what i'm wondering is: will the delisted games on gog in the library still continue to be updated for buyers when the developers release updates? In other words, are the games also directly obsolete on gog due to the delisting and are only available to buyers for download etc. in the latest purchasable version?
Grargar: If a game was removed on GOG but not on Steam, and it continued receiving updates on Steam, the GOG version would most likely not be up-to-date. And that's because quite a few games were removed because the developer would not update the game here in the first place. Some of these developers would offer a Steam key to affected customers, so they can have access to the latest version. The only game I know that was removed from GOG and has continued to receive updates, is The Long Dark.
this is all very interesting information. thank you for this.
ChunkyMonkeyIce: ah yes. but if you have bought them you still have access to the games in your library, don't you? How that looks with updates is of course another question, but the unreal titles that were sold on gog were also good old games. many updates would not come there anyway, right? Just before christmas they were removed, right? does anyone know why this was done?
The Unreal games are not applicable to your question, because they were removed from all stores, not just from GOG. Hard to update a game when you don't sell it anywhere anymore.

As for the reasons, Epic said that the removals would happen because they retired the servers that the games used. Which is a weird thing to say, considering that none of the 4 games were online-only and all of them had perfectly-functioning offline modes.
Grargar: As for the reasons, Epic said that the removals would happen because they retired the servers that the games used. Which is a weird thing to say, considering that none of the 4 games were online-only and all of them had perfectly-functioning offline modes.
Is any of the 4 games offline only?
neumi5694: Is any of the 4 games offline only?
2 of the 4 games used Epic's online servers for multiplayer. But even if all of them did, I'd still consider it a weird removal when Epic specifically said in their announcement: "The following titles will have all online services disabled on January 24, after which players can continue playing single or local multiplayer modes offline". They weren't even selling the Unreal games in their store.
neumi5694: Is any of the 4 games offline only?
Grargar: 2 of the 4 games used Epic's online servers for multiplayer. But even if all of them did, I'd still consider it a weird removal when Epic specifically said in their announcement: "The following titles will have all online services disabled on January 24, after which players can continue playing single or local multiplayer modes offline". They weren't even selling the Unreal games in their store.
I guess they don't want to answer "Can't access multiplayer" tickets.
Let's be realistic: If these games still produced a significant income, they would not have removed them.
Whoever wanted to have these games, alreday has them. There are no old farts like me left who didn't buy them yet. And the young generation doesn't want them anyway.

... Just realised in what thread I am posting. Why is this a discussion for the "2nd class citizens thread"? The games got removed from all platforms, right?
Post edited January 31, 2023 by neumi5694
Grargar: 2 of the 4 games used Epic's online servers for multiplayer. But even if all of them did, I'd still consider it a weird removal when Epic specifically said in their announcement: "The following titles will have all online services disabled on January 24, after which players can continue playing single or local multiplayer modes offline". They weren't even selling the Unreal games in their store.
neumi5694: I guess they don't want to answer "Can't access multiplayer" tickets.
Let's be realistic: If these games still produced a significant income, they would not have removed them.
Whoever wanted to have these games, alreday has them. There are no old farts like me left who didn't buy them yet. And the young generation doesn't want them anyway.

... Just realised in what thread I am posting. Why is this a discussion for the "2nd class citizens thread"? The games got removed from all platforms, right?
question was: will delisted games continue to be updated for buyers on gog or not. unreal series was recently delisted, so you get from one to the other.
Post edited January 31, 2023 by ChunkyMonkeyIce
ChunkyMonkeyIce: question was: will delisted games continue to be updated for buyers on gog or not. unreal series was recently delisted, so you get from one to the other.
Ah, that happens :) Even if the answer was a clear "no". The games didn't get updates for ages, so why start now.
"A Space for the Unbound" appears to be missing its artbook and OST DLCs in the GOG version. I just asked in the publisher's group if they plan on adding the DLCs in here, but it could take a while to get a response depending on when someone responsible hops into the chat.
I've got response from 11bit Support about the missing GOG-Update 1.6.2. ... :(

Me:
... its a little time ago, since Frostpunk gets his Patch to Version 1.6.2 on Steam and your are highly in progress with Frostpunk 2 but could you release the latest patch also on GOG?
Support:
For the time being there are no plans on releasing 1.6.2 on GOG. The 1.6.2 only added a cosmetic building to the game so the game is not changed in any other way whatsoever from the Steam version.
Me:
But in the changelog on the Steam-Page there are some more "Fixes" besides the cosmetic building:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/323190/announcements/detail/3325369912538283866
Support:
I understand, however, I made sure and checked with our dev team and the GOG version has everything that the Steam one has apart from the cosmetic building.

---

So... it's a year between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 and according to the changelog there are verifiable some fixes AND cosmetics - weird.
ERASER_M: So... it's a year between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 and according to the changelog there are verifiable some fixes AND cosmetics - weird.
I guess, I won't buy Frostpunk 2 until the 1.6.2 patch is available on GOG as well!
ERASER_M: So... it's a year between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 and according to the changelog there are verifiable some fixes AND cosmetics - weird.
Hustlefan: I guess, I won't buy Frostpunk 2 until the 1.6.2 patch is available on GOG as well!
They seem to have introduced some kind of DRM with the patch, because the building unlocks "after
subscribing to our publisher page" Uugh...

Maybe they don't feel like setting it up for the GOG version so it will never get here, really bad.
Alexim: They seem to have introduced some kind of DRM with the patch, because the building unlocks "after
subscribing to our publisher page" Uugh...

Maybe they don't feel like setting it up for the GOG version so it will never get here, really bad.
I don't care about that building. We've a lot of games with cut out content (Multiplayer, Modding, missing DLC), so one more or less doesn't matter to me. xD
Of course, the right thing to do would be to add the building without some stupid (soft) DRM. But what I really want, are the fixes!