It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tap3ah: The Falconeer is missing free Game Manual DLC.
Fairfox: Hopefully Exsurgent is right and it's included in the game guide, as I was looking towards buying this game during the sales and don't want to miss out on anything Steam has.
I checked and I can confirm that the pages from the Steam manual are part of the game guide. The only difference is that the page order is slightly different and the "Falconeer essential skills" chapter header page is laid out slightly differently.

I've also found this:
https://thefalconeer.fandom.com/wiki/Beginners_Flight_Manual

That wiki page shows you all of the pages of the free manual (except for the "Falconeer essential skills" page, since that one is just a header page for that chapter of the manual/guide).
Kingsway got a major update in November.
According to a post by the developer on the steam forums, the update should come here at some point, but so far nothing.
high rated
Fairfox: Hopefully Exsurgent is right and it's included in the game guide, as I was looking towards buying this game during the sales and don't want to miss out on anything Steam has.
Exsurgent: I checked and I can confirm that the pages from the Steam manual are part of the game guide. The only difference is that the page order is slightly different and the "Falconeer essential skills" chapter header page is laid out slightly differently.

I've also found this:
https://thefalconeer.fandom.com/wiki/Beginners_Flight_Manual

That wiki page shows you all of the pages of the free manual (except for the "Falconeer essential skills" page, since that one is just a header page for that chapter of the manual/guide).
Hey developer of the Falconeer here.

This issue also happened with the Steam port, and was an upload mistake in which the actual gameguide was replaced with the smaller manual. (oops!)
the full gameguidecontains extensive lore pages, maps, mutagen and class guides etc etc. and is several times longer than the manual, which only covers a few basics.

I must admit I do not monitor the Gog page, (the falconeer is solo developed, and I myself only monitor the steam and discord pages) With the sheer amount of platforms I have to rely on people reporting issues on discord or via GOG to the publisher themselves.

I will notify the publisher, though I believe they are on a much deserved holiday. So it might be some time before they can get around to this.

apologies
Tomas Sala
(creator of the falconeer)

If you want discuss this further please join the discord https://discord.com/invite/falconeer
Post edited December 29, 2021 by falconeerdev
falconeerdev: *snip*
Thanks for the information. It's always nice to see a developer post on the forum. You can ask GOG staff to mark your account as an official developer's account, if you'd like.
falconeerdev: <snip>
Thank you very much for clarifying! We understand that as a solo dev, you don't have the time to keep track of all the builds on all the stores, so it means a lot that you've taken the time to respond here.

And thanks for telling us that Wired Productions is responsible for the GOG build of The Falconeer. Hopefully, if the game is ever out of date, we'll remember to contact them directly :)
high rated
falconeerdev: <snip>
Exsurgent: Thank you very much for clarifying! We understand that as a solo dev, you don't have the time to keep track of all the builds on all the stores, so it means a lot that you've taken the time to respond here.

And thanks for telling us that Wired Productions is responsible for the GOG build of The Falconeer. Hopefully, if the game is ever out of date, we'll remember to contact them directly :)
yeh please always use the contact and support options. Letting them or me know is the best way to get action on an issue.

I respond really quickly on discord because of this, and GOG has always been updated within 1 or 2 days of steam with regards to patches and fixes.

I know a lot of people voice their displeasure at a game issue or bug through user reviews, which I completely sympathize with. But going through user reviews is a fair bit emotional task that can be quite draining. Even when a game is rated well the negatives can just be wel fairly painful, especially if you put your heart into something.
so I often don't read those. And bug reports there can go un-noticed by the publisher as well.
So Direct reporting helps!

I regularly google for social media or reddit posts, and check the steam user reviews for bugs and issues, so that's reflected in the 83% score there, but not necessarily in other platforms. Even though they do get the fixes, but that hands on approach does give a better and more grateful community. And I am genuinely sorry that I cannot give each community/platform the same dedication, as it does pay off in a better score.

A disadvantage to a solo developed game. That actually shouldn't be anything other than an emotional argument, you all pay the same price, and deep down I wish i could give you the same service.

Hence discord ;)

anyways, now that I have this account, feel free to tag me in the future so I can get an email notification (and wake up)!
Cheerio
Tomas
falconeerdev: A disadvantage to a solo developed game. That actually shouldn't be anything other than an emotional argument, you all pay the same price, and deep down I wish i could give you the same service.
For this (and for the fact that the game looks intresting and new ;)) your game just landed high on my wishlist. Thank you for understanding and respecting every customer.
falconeerdev: yeh please always use the contact and support options. Letting them or me know is the best way to get action on an issue.
I wrote the following in an e-mail, but I'll repeat it here in case it gets lost in the shuffle:
The Falconeer - Warrior Edition - please add the DLC to the edition selector box as well as the edition comparison table, and merge the fifth paragraph of the description into the first. As it stands, the fact that the edition includes 2 DLC is completely buried. See the attached screenshots for details.
falconeerdev: now that I have this account, feel free to tag me in the future so I can get an email notification (and wake up)!
This forum doesn't have e-mail notifications for replies. Best you can do is open the Community menu at the top of the page, then click Forum replies. This will display quote-replies to you, and threads you participated in that have unread replies.
You may also want to go to The Falconeer forum and check "This is my favorite forum" in the top right, to more easily find it on the All Forums page under the aforementioned Community menu.
Personally, I view involvement in these forums as an unexpected bonus, and I think that's true for most people. I realize not everyone can be in all places at once, and the more populous forum(s) will get the attention. As long as issues are addressed when reported directly, that's all anyone can really ask for.

Happy New Year!
Attachments:
A new Idea Factory/Ghostlight title for the list, and this one isn't even released here yet!

Mary Skelter 2

PC version will be censored, even though it was released in English uncensored on Switch.

Confirmation:
https://twitter.com/ghostlightgames/status/1478376182882177028
Due to circumstances outside of our control we have had to remove the Purge Corruption minigame.
Confirmation #2:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1496250/discussions/0/5845107457316642250/?tscn=1641308083
(Comment #78 if the link doesn't work properly)
Hi everyone. Sorry for not having an answer for you sooner, due to a combination of confirmations and the Christmas break it's taken me longer to answer than I would like.

Due to circumstances outside of our control we have had to remove the Purge Corruption minigame.

For those of you who want to know how we've handled it in game, it works the same way as if you've already completed a purge once and choose to skip the minigame. You pay the same cost in terms of Jack's mental state and then the character is purged, as if you had successfully completed the minigame.
Suggestion for a new additon:

Anno 1404
They released Anno 1404: History Edition on steam and not here
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1281630/Anno_1404__History_Edition/

I'm just mad that it's discounted for Steam's winter sale and not GOG's...

Also, there's Anno 1701: History Editon on Uplay only
https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?lang=en_US&amp;pid=5ebc1d290d253c2420445275&amp;dwvar_5ebc1d290d253c2420445275_Platform=pcdl&amp;edition=History%20Edition&amp;source=detail
_Auster_: Mary Skelter 2
In my opinion it's not 2nd class treatment because even on steam it will be the same version. Because this thread is about games that treat only GOG users as second class.
Post edited January 04, 2022 by alexandros050
Gengar78: Suggestion for a new additon:

Anno 1404
They released Anno 1404: History Edition on steam and not here
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1281630/Anno_1404__History_Edition/

I'm just mad that it's discounted for Steam's winter sale and not GOG's...

Also, there's Anno 1701: History Editon on Uplay only
(visually polluted link snip)
Since they're new entries in the series, and not just some DLC for an existing game, I think they'd be better placed in the completionist's list of missing games from GOG series.
alexandros050: In my opinion it's not 2nd class treatment because even on steam it will be the same version. Because this thread is about games that treat only GOG users as second class.
The way I see it, Ghostlight is treating both Steam and GOG users as second class citizens.
Post edited January 04, 2022 by _Auster_
alexandros050: In my opinion it's not 2nd class treatment because even on steam it will be the same version. Because this thread is about games that treat only GOG users as second class.
_Auster_: The way I see it, Ghostlight is treating both Steam and GOG users as second class citizens.
Indeed, and this info would be useful to know before purchase.
But the list maintainers won't add it.
_Auster_: The way I see it, Ghostlight is treating both Steam and GOG users as second class citizens.
Well, this thread is about GOG versions not being threated like other PC download platforms, not about PC version vs platforms. If we get started listing that, then there is no end to it.

It would be a good addition for another thread however.
Post edited January 04, 2022 by neumi5694
_Auster_: Since they're new entries in the series, and not just some DLC for an existing game, I think they'd be better placed in the completionist's list of missing games from GOG series.
"New entries in the series" What? They're clearly new versions of existing games. Should Space Colony HD be taken off the list? Because it's on there for a similar reason (the "Steam Edition" isn't here https://store.steampowered.com/app/297920/Space_Colony_Steam_Edition/ )