It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Andrey82: Also, there was info about Assassin's Creed games coming to GOG, so next year might be very interesting for GOG customers.
Since everyone's anticipating and speculating :), let me just say this to the GOGBears, which I know are listening. Find a way to bring the Kohan series to GOG and I'll shower the forums with giveaways.

Oh, and if you find a way to convince Sony to port Ghosts of Tsushima to PC and release it on GOG, I'll most likely have to start worshiping you as gods.

But I digress.

bluesx90x: *looks off in distance for Skyrim* Still doesn't see it :(
... let's see between Skyrim and Civ 5, what will get released first :).
Post edited November 29, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: the Kohan series
Could be wrong but wasn't this the one whose rights had been acquired by a russian oligarch as part of a buyout? Reportedly said oligarch wasn't even aware of owning the rights as well as all the assets (source codes, documentation, etc) until one day GoG representatives knocked on his door, asking him if he'd let GoG re-release the series. Which unfortunately he wasn't interested in at all.
I think it was mentioned in that paywalled 3-part documentation about GoG, conducted by german outlet Gamestar. Might have been a completely other game too.
Kohan series are available on Steam. Developer and editor are identified as Timegate Studios, this is, the original creators of the games. If there is a new owner of the franchise, It is not advised or changed in the Steam page.
Gudadantza: Kohan series are available on Steam. Developer and editor are identified as Timegate Studios, this is, the original creators of the games. If there is a new owner of the franchise, It is not advised or changed in the Steam page.
Then it was indeed something else, thanks for the clarification.
Gudadantza: Kohan series are available on Steam. Developer and editor are identified as Timegate Studios, this is, the original creators of the games. If there is a new owner of the franchise, It is not advised or changed in the Steam page.
Timegate Studios went bankrupt in 2013 under a so called Chapter 7 liquidation, meaning that an appointed trustee liquidates the assets and distributes the proceeds to the creditors (aka companies that the bankrupt company owns money to).

However doing some legal digging shows that both Timegate and Kohan are trademarked by a little "shell" company known as Augustus Intellectual Properties, Inc., where the director and president is Alan B. Chaveleh aka one of the founders of the original TimeGate Studios.

Could be worth reaching out I suppose?
Prah: Timegate Studios went bankrupt in 2013 under a so called Chapter 7 liquidation, meaning that an appointed trustee liquidates the assets and distributes the proceeds to the creditors (aka companies that the bankrupt company owns money to).

However doing some legal digging shows that both Timegate and Kohan are trademarked by a little "shell" company known as Augustus Intellectual Properties, Inc., where the director and president is Alan B. Chaveleh aka one of the founders of the original TimeGate Studios.

Could be worth reaching out I suppose?
Indeed it could worth reaching out. And optimistically.
Being a CEO, one of the original trademark founders and with the games already available on Steam as a basis (a bit abandoned though), yes, It could be worth the try.
Post edited November 29, 2020 by Gudadantza
Prah: However doing some legal digging shows that both Timegate and Kohan are trademarked by a little "shell" company known as Augustus Intellectual Properties, Inc., where the director and president is Alan B. Chaveleh aka one of the founders of the original TimeGate Studios.
Thanks for looking into this :). Guess I should plan to start that giveaway fund.
high rated
Regarding Kohan:
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/03/07/the-digital-archaeologists-how-gogcom-rescues-games-from-the-dustbin-of-history
The quest for the rights for the Kohan series led them to the doorstep of an oil baron who acquired the rights via the acquisition of a well-liquidated company. “We go there and we’re like, ‘Hey this game is awesome and we’re sure that it can make you $50,000,’” Adamska remembers. But when a wealthy person makes that much money at the snap of their fingers, that argument can ring hollow.
Post edited November 29, 2020 by Grargar
Grargar: Regarding Kohan
*Sigh* Guess not, then... well, thanks for sharing the link.
high rated
WinterSnowfall: *Sigh* Guess not, then... well, thanks for sharing the link.
I'll tell you something that I just discovered, though. After 6 whole years on Steam without any discount, Kohan was suddenly discounted this year a number of times. This article predates the discounts as it was written in 2019. Make of that info what you will.
Post edited November 29, 2020 by Grargar
Hm, that's interesting to find out.

I was looking up the trademark "Kohan" at the United States Patent and Trademark Office* and the trademark was latest registered in 2016. This trademark claim has not expired according to the USPTO. The trademark for Timegate Studios expired earlier this year however.

Using opencorporates.com I looked up the registered company that owns the trademark. which is as mentioned Augustus Intellectual Properties, Inc**. located in Texas, US. It is entirely possible that while the original founder of Timegate Studios got to keep the actual trademark for the game series; the rights with the original games got into the hands of this oil baron (Texas is after all known for its oil) after the liquidation of Timegate Studios in 2013. I have no idea how long the games has actually been on Steam for example.

However now we'e turning into the territory of this old thread, perhaps going a bit off-topic in here ;)

* shorturl.at/HMS28 (leads to the website of USPTO; the page for the trademark of Kohan)
** https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_tx/0801899779
Post edited November 29, 2020 by Prah
WinterSnowfall: ... let's see between Skyrim and Civ 5, what will get released first :).
My heart wishes for Civ, my wallet votes for Skyrim.
Is anobody has some info about 'Empire os Sin' (releasing tomorrow) ?
high rated
New company in the catalog: Gamatron AB ofr Songs of Syx:
Songs of Syx is strategy game for PC that that allows you to pick up where others leave off as you turn your small colony into a kingdom and an empire. It simulates deep, true-to-life mechanics which are easy to learn, hard to master. It’s set in a low-fantasy world with graphics aimed at stimulating your imagination. Available on windows, Linux and Mac.
high rated
New company in the catalog: Unknown Origin Games Inc for Odd Realm:
Odd Realm is a sandbox, settlement game set in a procedural, fantasy world. It is inspired by games such as Dwarf Fortress and Rimworld.