It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LaTaleFanatic1985: I really hope Octopath Traveler will come to GOG in the future if Square-Enix is planning on utilizing GOG's Ghost wrapper. I really want to see the game being released on the platform since I've played the game on both Switch and Steam.
Me too. I played it on Switch and Steam and would love to have a copy here. We could even hope for FFXII since they removed denuvo.
high rated
New company in the catalog: Echodog Games for Signs of the Sojourner:
Signs of the Sojourner is a narrative card game about relationships and communication.

Encounters are conversations rather than combat. Your ability to navigate social situations and understand different perspectives is based on an expressive card game experience.
You'll travel through a diverse landscape, meeting people and collecting regional foods and treats to bring back to your hometown shop. As your relationships grow you'll learn about their everyday problems, their friendships and rivalries, their ambitions and secrets.
Find common ground or other ways to connect, and learn to communicate with characters from different cultures and backgrounds. You may find that becoming well-versed in one communication style will open up opportunities, but stifle other possibilities.
Your deck is your character, shaped by your experiences and relationships. Different decks will lead to different narrative paths as your cards impact your ability to communicate with various characters. You will have to make decisions about who you want to be in this world and how you relate to others.

Some more things you can expect to do in Signs of the Sojourner:

Explore curious locales
Learn the local lingo
Make friends
Make enemies
Play matchmaker
Collect all the snacks
Find romance
Discover ambitions and secrets and hidden pasts
Learn from and influence others
SCPM: GOG has gotten very good at hiding upcoming releases, though I haven't given up. :) Probably the most interesting development was this one mentioned by the scene group PLAZA about how Galaxy is integrated for the recent Mankind Divided release on GOG:
"Square Enix/eidos gave GOG the unprotected binary but they left all the Steam stuff intact, probably because Square Enix didn't want to waste any of that sweet MTX money on dev work. So GOG had to add a platform bridge called Ghost to the game. It's a wrapper that translates the Steam calls and redirects them to GOG Galaxy so the DLC gets unlocked."
Since Warner Bros, 2K, Bethesda, and now Square Enix have been releasing stuff recently, I think it's safe to say that any single-player focused games from these companies are likely to appear, thanks to GOG's Ghost wrapper. I would count on the likes of Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor, Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause series, and recent Tomb Raider titles showing up here down the line.
It's games with significant modding functionality, or multi-player features and content like Borderlands or modern Mortal Kombat that are unlikely to appear for the time being. Unless GOG manages to come up with another solution regarding multi-player and modding, we'll be missing out on those or seeing cut versions here. I suspect GOG is working on something, and that maybe would explain the delay for Civ V?
Tnx SCPM! With recent increased pace of AAA releases I was hoping GOG will continue with this, but it seems I was too optimistic, at least for the near future. But it's good to know the reason for this increased release pace.
SCPM: Since Warner Bros, 2K, Bethesda, and now Square Enix have been releasing stuff recently, I think it's safe to say that any single-player focused games from these companies are likely to appear, thanks to GOG's Ghost wrapper. I would count on the likes of Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor, Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause series, and recent Tomb Raider titles showing up here down the line.
I hope this happens! Literally every single one of these would be worthy of insta-buying, and I say that as a fan of the (really) old Tomb Raider titles who didn't like the direction of the recent ones as much. Just Cause series and Sleeping Dogs my most highly desired of that list.
rjbuffchix: Just Cause series and Sleeping Dogs my most highly desired of that list.
Have you ever played Sleeping Dogs? It's a *really* fun game - totally enjoyed it. It was probably one of the last console games I played and had a great story, awesome mix of gunplay, martial arts and driving. And the setting is great too - feels like a real world. Probably my favorite "GTA" sandbox style game (though I was super excited for Watchdogs, I never got to play that one).

The one from that list I'd be super excited for is Shadows of Morder. After WB released a nice chunk of games I always secretly hoped it would only be a matter of time...

Always heard good things about it and I like the gameplay tropes I've seen.
rjbuffchix: Just Cause series and Sleeping Dogs my most highly desired of that list.
Ixamyakxim: Have you ever played Sleeping Dogs? It's a *really* fun game - totally enjoyed it. It was probably one of the last console games I played and had a great story, awesome mix of gunplay, martial arts and driving. And the setting is great too - feels like a real world. Probably my favorite "GTA" sandbox style game (though I was super excited for Watchdogs, I never got to play that one).

The one from that list I'd be super excited for is Shadows of Morder. After WB released a nice chunk of games I always secretly hoped it would only be a matter of time...

Always heard good things about it and I like the gameplay tropes I've seen.
I have, but I'd like to (effectively) own it by having it DRM-free :) I too enjoyed the setting and gameplay a lot when I played it around release on console. Watch Dogs is another good pick of a game (really, series) that should come here to GOG. I am all for bringing in more sandbox open-world games like these. I don't think the big DRM-loving publishers understand that some of us really want to purchase these games DRM-free even though the games are "old news" to most other people. I never looked much into Shadows of Mordor but intrigued just for the setting alone.
I would love to replay Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition if it arrives onto GOG in the future. Hopefully they include everything, including the achievements and DLC, with it as well.
high rated
New company in the catalog: D'Avekki Studios Ltd, likely for The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
a Lovecraftian murder mystery FMV game

1600+ full screen HD videos
Six suspects and five side-quest patients
Random murder and multiple endings

FREE TEXT INPUT - Ask whatever you want, type questions, phrases or just keywords.
SUGGESTED QUESTIONS - No keyboard? No problem. Pick from our suggested list.
SIMPLE UI - View evidence, make notes, watch replays, see your question history

Finding out who killed Dr Dekker is only one part of the puzzle; working out how to fix the chaos he left behind will be so much trickier… As well as providing clues to the murder, each patient has their own bizarre problem they need your help with – from time manipulation and re-animated loved ones to horrors under the sea.

Complete with an atmospheric soundtrack, The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker invites you to explore the shadow reality that your patients inhabit – a world full of paranormal strangeness and horrors that go bump in your head, where all you have to rely on is your own mind.

Just try not to lose it...
The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker has earned the Guinness World Record for Most Full Motion Video in a Videogame at 7 hours, 11 minutes and 58 seconds.
The-Business: New company in the catalog: D'Avekki Studios Ltd, likely for The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker

a Lovecraftian murder mystery FMV game

1600+ full screen HD videos
Six suspects and five side-quest patients
Random murder and multiple endings
The-Business:
come on!
This is so cool, but I'm not interested in that type of games. Why aren't RPG cool as this?
rjbuffchix: I never looked much into Shadows of Mordor but intrigued just for the setting alone.
I'm very interested in getting Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War on GOG. In last update of Shadow of War developers removed all microtransactions, in-game store and even rebalanced last act to remove grind avoidable by spending money on microtransactions. So, it would be good to get both games here.
high rated
GemCraft Frostborn Wrath might be coming to GOG according to the game developer - Game in a bottle recent Blog

P/s: might be the first iteration accepted by GOG
Post edited May 16, 2020 by Muttala
Muttala: GemCraft Frostborn Wrath might be coming to GOG according to the game developer - Game in a bottle recent Blog

P/s: might be the first iteration accepted by GOG
That would be great news, I always hoped to see these games here !
Post edited May 16, 2020 by Splatsch
Muttala: snip
Nice. Maybe one of these days they'll get Creeper World, too. ;)
SCPM: translates the Steam calls and redirects them to GOG Galaxy so the DLC gets unlocked."
Sorry to necro the mention but does this person not realise you don't need galaxy for DLC to 'unlock'?
high rated
According to the Homepage, Northgard is coming.
Attachments:
Post edited May 18, 2020 by Aslaat