It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Edit: yeah Grargar is right
Post edited November 27, 2017 by X-com
Grargar: The Eurocom game has already been released:
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy.
Ah okay.
Developers of ATOM RPG have contacted GOG

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg/posts/2056456

"We have already contacted GOG and are pretty sure that it's only a question of time when Atom will appear there!"
So still no Mechwarrior games, huh?
pmcollectorboy: So still no Mechwarrior games, huh?
MechWarrior series publisher is Microsoft.
pmcollectorboy: So still no Mechwarrior games, huh?
Casval_Deikun: MechWarrior series publisher is Microsoft.
1 and 2 was published by Activision, but I think there might be a problem with so called "unseen" mechs.
Post edited November 28, 2017 by murkki
Casval_Deikun: MechWarrior series publisher is Microsoft.
murkki: 1 and 2 was published by Activision, but I think there might be a problem with so called "unseen" mechs.
considering that is also still an ongoing court case about that, I highly doubt we will see MW 1 and 2 or MW2 mercs here anytime soon.
But supposedly some ground is being gained against Harmony Gold.
At least there's a turn based Battletech game on the horizon.
The day Mechwarrior and Battletech as a series becomes even unofficially confirmed on GOG, is the day my classic game collection will feel a little closer to completion. Hopefully it will happen within a decade, at least ;)
pmcollectorboy: But supposedly some ground is being gained against Harmony Gold.
At least there's a turn based Battletech game on the horizon.
That's because the new Battletech game is using the new models from Mechwarrior Online. Similar enough to know what they are, but different enough that Harmony Gold can't sue for infringement.

During the Kickstarter of the Battletech game it was always stated that the available mechs are going to be dependent upon MWO making new models first.
Sielle: That's because the new Battletech game is using the new models from Mechwarrior Online. Similar enough to know what they are, but different enough that Harmony Gold can't sue for infringement.
I will be snagging that game the day it shows up, just in case LOL.

Harebrained hasn't let me down so far, LOVE the idea of a turnbased Mech game (hoping for a modern spit and polish on Missionforce: Cyberstorm) and Jordan Weisman has shown he can still work magic with his old properties. Super excited and hope soon is sooner than later when it comes to release.

Anyone have any ideas on a ballpark of how close to release it is?
Sielle: That's because the new Battletech game is using the new models from Mechwarrior Online. Similar enough to know what they are, but different enough that Harmony Gold can't sue for infringement.
Ixamyakxim: I will be snagging that game the day it shows up, just in case LOL.

Harebrained hasn't let me down so far, LOVE the idea of a turnbased Mech game (hoping for a modern spit and polish on Missionforce: Cyberstorm) and Jordan Weisman has shown he can still work magic with his old properties. Super excited and hope soon is sooner than later when it comes to release.

Anyone have any ideas on a ballpark of how close to release it is?
From the latest KS update earlier this month. And I'd say I'll be getting it day 1 but I backed it so I guess I already got it. ;)

Production Update

Things are rolling around here! We have the entire singleplayer campaign and mercenary simulation fully assembled and now we’re working through the game chapter-by-chapter, screen-by-screen, feature-by-feature to get everything to a shippable level.

Most mornings, Mike (Game Director) leads playtests/critiques of BATTLETECH in our break room. He holds them in our break room so everyone on the team feels comfortable wandering in and hearing what’s being said. He and Kiva (Lead Designer) determine what they’re going to look at ahead of time and invite the people responsible for that section of the game to play together and collaborate on a plan for improving things. This visibility is key to improvement. When you’re in the thick of making a game, it can be challenging to step back and play it from an audience member’s point of view.

The whole team is methodically working through every part of the game to “up-level” it - missions are getting second and third drafts, designer-created maps are going through full art passes, temporary voice-overs are being replaced with professional actors in missions and cinematics, quiet missions are suddenly filled with dramatic music, and programmer-created interfaces are getting the full art and audio treatment.

It’s a ton of intense work and the whole team meets briefly for announcements and general direction every day before breaking up into small groups for tight communication and progress updates. After that, it’s heads-down for the rest of the day. We try to keep meetings to a minimum and if we have to have one, we do our best to keep it tight and action-oriented.

In addition to all of this, a few members of the team have been diligently progressing on our multiplayer network infrastructure, analyzing data and updating the Double-Secret Multiplayer Beta with important changes. Expect a separate update on that soon.

There’s still a lot of work to do (including tons of balance work) but we can see the next milepost up ahead - the plan is to be feature and content complete by the end of the year, so we can go into full-on bug fixing and polish mode after a much needed break. As Jordan noted in our mid-August update, all indications are that Paradox & HBS will release BATTLETECH in early 2018.

Thanks for sticking with us as we develop our most challenging, complex, and aspirational game to-date. It’s a big one and we truly appreciate all your support.

-- Mitch
Post edited November 29, 2017 by Sielle
high rated
Zachtronic's newest game Opus Magnum will be released on GOG once it's out of early access, according to an e-mail exchange I had with Zach today. :) This may happen before year's end if the game update notes are anything to go by on its Steam page.
Attachments:
Post edited November 30, 2017 by Mr.Mumbles
Mr.Mumbles: Zachtronic's newest game Opus Magnum will be released on GOG once it's out of early access, according to an e-mail exchange I had with Zach today. :) This may happen before year's end if the game update notes are anything to go by on its Steam page.
That's a great news ! :D
I hope it will be very soon :)
Mr.Mumbles: Zachtronic's newest game Opus Magnum will be released on GOG (...)
Splatsch: That's a great news ! :D
Absolutely wonderful! (。◕‿‿◕。)