It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are fixes - NVAC or downloading an older direct3d9.dll file and placing it in the game folder
capricorn1971ad: Fallout NV?!?!

It was one of those titles that required steam to activate..
and it isn't supported anymore we at steam are told.

would love to see it but i have doubts it will happen, would love to see i am wrong.
anothername: Why is that not supported by Steam anymore? Because of a faulty nVidia driver?
I hadn't heard about this, so I did a bit of checking around on the web, and as far as I can tell, the problem only seems to occur on PCs that have Windows 10 installed.

Double-checked my PC (Windows 8.1, GTX 1060, driver version 375.57) when I read about possible driver compatibility problems and the game ran fine.
anothername: Why is that not supported by Steam anymore? Because of a faulty nVidia driver?
blakstar: I hadn't heard about this, so I did a bit of checking around on the web, and as far as I can tell, the problem only seems to occur on PCs that have Windows 10 installed.

Double-checked my PC (Windows 8.1, GTX 1060, driver version 375.57) when I read about possible driver compatibility problems and the game ran fine.

And again glad that I have not found a single reason to update to Win10.
blakstar: I hadn't heard about this, so I did a bit of checking around on the web, and as far as I can tell, the problem only seems to occur on PCs that have Windows 10 installed.

I played through New Vegas just a month ago on my Win 10. Had some problems to fix but after some tweaking played well. Crashed a couple of times during the playthrough that took a bit less than 90 hours.
With Win10 / Nvidia 860M / Asus laptop.

superstande: I played through New Vegas just a month ago on my Win 10. Had some problems to fix but after some tweaking played well. Crashed a couple of times during the playthrough that took a bit less than 90 hours.
With Win10 / Nvidia 860M / Asus laptop.
Pretty sure all drivers after 368.81 (14/07/2016) break Fallout 3 / Fallout: New Vegas / Skyrim (?) on Win10 with the Anniversary Update - Nvidia fobbing this off as MS fault and as of yet (to my knowledge) hasn't been fixed
And as I say that today's release - 376.19 - seems to have fixed the problems
Bigs: And as I say that today's release - 376.19 - seems to have fixed the problems
Oh nice! Are there any reports of other problems from others or yourself that you've seen? I might actually finally update my pretty old drivers if that's the case. Using Win 10 64 bit (not anniversary version) with a Gigabyte GTX 670 (2GB) by the way.
Bigs: And as I say that today's release - 376.19 - seems to have fixed the problems
Does this mean we have to look forward to posts of "NEW VEGAS!!!!!!!11111!" with every anticipated release? :-)
Looking at the release notes, it indeed mentions that this driver fixes the Win 10 crash issue with Oblivion, New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.
blakstar: Does this mean we have to look forward to posts of "NEW VEGAS!!!!!!!11111!" with every anticipated release? :-)
Add FALLOUT3!!!!!!!! and SKYRIM!!!!!? >_>

But yeah... FO3/NV (haven't tested TESV) no longer crash as soon as you try to start a new game... at least for me - 980TIs in SLI / Win10 Home w/ Anniversary Update
Grargar: After 8-Bit Armies and 8-Bit Hordes, it's now time for <span class="bold">8-Bit Invaders</span>. One of the developers of the game has confirmed that it will have a concurrent Steam-GOG release. Estimated release date is sometime during December 2016.
As an addendum to my above post, the developers have revealed that the game will be released on December 16th and will cost $19.99. Some more info can be found here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/531680/discussions/0/343787283755135547/
Bigs: Pretty sure all drivers after 368.81 (14/07/2016) break Fallout 3 / Fallout: New Vegas / Skyrim (?) on Win10 with the Anniversary Update - Nvidia fobbing this off as MS fault and as of yet (to my knowledge) hasn't been fixed
Hmm... Like I said it was just around a month ago and my drivers are updated regularly.
I googled and it did take me a while to get things running properly. There were things like having to start a new game every time first and then loading my save... Can't remember if the latest tweak fixed that or not.
But yeah without those tweaks that some gamers had done it was a no-go.

Edit: ah sorry, you already talked about it and there's a new fix too, right on!
Post edited December 06, 2016 by superstande
blakstar: Does this mean we have to look forward to posts of "NEW VEGAS!!!!!!!11111!" with every anticipated release? :-)
NEW VEGAS!!!!!!!11111!

Ehm. Sorry.

Since Thursday is imho more or less "the classics" day - one can dream, right? Just 2 more nights till......,
Post edited December 06, 2016 by acute71
acute71: Just 2 more nights till......
Nothing! Absolutely nothing! =P
acute71: Just 2 more nights till......
mistermumbles: Nothing! Absolutely nothing! =P
I'm afraid you're right. Darnit!