It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Motorsports Manager (Android)

I saw this on sale on the other day for 1€ and i do enjoy those manager type of games so why not? Well, the game is well made and addicting but as most of mobile games comes with microtransactions. Want 250k? Like them on facebook and twitter (i only needed to click there, i don't even have twitter or the facebook account logged in on my phone). But then you can pay real cash for a couple of millions and that it's tempting because they've rigged the game, they made the first 2 championships easier so you're able to win races and complete the sponsors requests but when to the tier above... OHHHHHH BOY!

The game is way too hard and you can't even complete the sponsors requests, they used to ask for something simple (get above the 7th place) but now they ask for impossible tasks (get in the top 3 or even first), they pay you monthly and that's for the costs that you have with the staff, you need millions to upgrade your factory so that you can upgrade your car, it's just impossible unless you grind for days the first championships or.... PAY THEM!

Seriously, it's fucking disgusting how they can get away with this and people still give them good reviews (probably the same people that pay for the microtransactions).
timppu: Well, it appears part of my problem with not getting better rankings (beyond Journeyman) in the Mage's Guild in Daggerfall is because I thought just finishing the Guild quests is enough (I think I've finished like 20 of them already, probably, yet still stuck in the second (Journeyman) rank). No, apparently you also have to develop some of your spell skills before you get a better ranking.

So yeah, now I made some combo spell of my own according to some Daggerfall FAQ, and keep casting and aborting it (so that I don't spend any spell points) over and over again, and then sleep. It is supposed to help me advance three different schools of magic (Alteration, Illusion and Destruction), but for some reason it advances only Illusion and Destruction. Oh well, maybe advancing those two schools of magic is enough... Even this seems to take quite a lot of time, I seem to advance only 1% at a time when sleeping.

Also I don't get that training thing either in the guild. Ok so I can train one school of magic for like 400 gold, per day. That way I get a measly 1% increase to that skill, per day. Do I really want to spend 400 gold and a whole day per 1% increase in a school of magic, over and over again? Kinda makes the whole training system useless, it is both faster and cheaper to do it myself by casting empty spells in the air and then sleeping.

I don't know, I feel the experience and magic system in Daggerfall is overly complicated for no good reason, really. It is forcing me to do repetitive things in case I want to improve my character at all.
Daggerfall sucks. Don't let anybody tell you different.
Cyraxpt: Want 250k? Like them on facebook and twitter (i only needed to click there, i don't even have twitter or the facebook account logged in on my phone)
Hahaha, thanks for the suggestion! It never occurred to me I could get these small rewards in mobile games even though I don't have a Twitter of Facebook account. I've just tried it with a couple of games in my phone, and it worked! :D
Tomb Raider Anniversary. I got to the point where There are those stupid rods sliding out of the wall and you just don't have enough time to get from one level to the next... And I was getting excited that I was making good mileage on the game too, until I got to that.
I'm very close to quitting Gyromancer because of this.
Grargar: I'm very close to quitting Gyromancer because of this.
You can set Steam not to update though.
Grargar: I'm very close to quitting Gyromancer because of this.
Just set it to do not update.
Post edited February 16, 2016 by omega64
Reveal yourself page!
omega64: Just set it to do not update.
Can you? I think it's not possible to prevent any auto-updates. At any rate, it doesn't matter as I found out about this after the damage had already been done. >:(
Post edited February 17, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: Reveal yourself page!
omega64: Just set it to do not update.
Grargar: Can you? I think it's not possible to prevent any auto-updates. At any rate, it doesn't matter as I found out about this after the damage had already been done. >:(
I was pretty sure you could. :l
Maybe it was changed or maybe I was wrong.
omega64: I was pretty sure you could. :l
Maybe it was changed or maybe I was wrong.
Seems like the only potential way to do so would be to run it in offline mode:
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/618463738393175663/
BoxOfSnoo: Tomb Raider Anniversary. I got to the point where There are those stupid rods sliding out of the wall and you just don't have enough time to get from one level to the next... And I was getting excited that I was making good mileage on the game too, until I got to that.
I just finished this one, it's a hard game for sure. But i think i can guess the place you mean...Lost Island, climbing that big vertical shaft? Well those extending rods half way up are just the devs idea of taking the piss. Ignore them and jump straight for the grapple point in the corner. You can grapple it directly (though it takes perfect timing) without using the poles and saving lots of time. Though if you're meaning somewhere else... then i'm not sure.
BoxOfSnoo: Tomb Raider Anniversary. I got to the point where There are those stupid rods sliding out of the wall and you just don't have enough time to get from one level to the next... And I was getting excited that I was making good mileage on the game too, until I got to that.
CMOT70: I just finished this one, it's a hard game for sure. But i think i can guess the place you mean...Lost Island, climbing that big vertical shaft? Well those extending rods half way up are just the devs idea of taking the piss. Ignore them and jump straight for the grapple point in the corner. You can grapple it directly (though it takes perfect timing) without using the poles and saving lots of time. Though if you're meaning somewhere else... then i'm not sure.
Yeah, I think that's it. I looked up on YouTube how to do it, they said basically the same thing, but I still couldn't do it. You have to jump diagonally across and then swing, drop on a slope, jump to another grapple... and that's not the end of the level. It ceased to be fun.
bad_fur_day1: I can't seem to fathom why anyone would be playing a lego game and not something else way better, but hey, do whatever you guys like.

Like giving the lego game to your kid and playing Devil May Cry/Arma/Dark Souls/GTA instead? Why? I ask why would you do that?
Because LEGO games are awesome and I wouldn't touch those four mentioned if you paid me?
Post edited February 17, 2016 by BoxOfSnoo
I've got nothing.

Tex Murphy Mean Streets

The flying portion was enough to make me quit after less than a minute. Some things will never age well. I doubt people even liked it at the time.

Tex Murphy 2 Martian Memorandum

A much improved game. Though the conversation trees made the game all about trial and error. Some obstuse pixel hunts were thrown in (Like moving a towel in the womens washroom to find an earing that belongs to the secretary) and that is where I tend to lose patience. Solid writing kept me going when I was not exactly enjoying the puzzles and gameplay.

I'll try the next TM which should be Under a Killing Moon. I hear that is where the series starts to shine.
Post edited February 18, 2016 by ScotchMonkey
ScotchMonkey:
Tex Murphy Mean Streets

The flying portion was enough to make me quit after less than a minute. Some things will never age well. I doubt people even liked it at the time.

Tex Murphy 2 Martian Memorandum

A much improved game. Though the conversation trees made the game all about trial and error. Some obstuse pixel hunts were thrown in (Like moving a towel in the womens washroom to find an earing that belongs to the secretary) and that is where I tend to lose patience. Solid writing kept me going when I was not exactly enjoying the puzzles and gameplay.

I'll try the next TM which should be Under a Killing Moon. I hear that is where the series starts to shine.
Until I discovered GOG.com, I didn't even know the first two Tex Murphy games even existed. Under a Killing Moon was the first Tex game I ever played back the first year it came out. It totally blew my mind. It was everything I had fantasized about 10 years prior to that when playing some games like Carmen Sandiego on the C64 etc. I envisioned how cool it would be to have video games where you were actually inside a 3D drawn world, in all of its glorious detail and could walk around and interact with objects as if you were there, search for clues, talk to people etc. Then lo and behold, 10 years later we have Tex Murphy Under a Killing Moon - almost exactly what I fantasized about. :)

Anyhow, I could not put the damn game down. I played it endlessly until I solved it and it was an epic masterpiece worthy of all the awards it won the year it came out. I also played The Pandora Directive when it came out a year later but for one reason or another which I forget - I did not solve that game... yet. Then somehow Overseer slipped past me even though I wanted it I just never ended up picking it up until I scored it sometime in the last few years here on GOG. Finally the new game The Tesla Effect, I installed just to test it out briefly and it is Tex Worthy(TM) from my brief trial run. I plan on playing all of the games back to back in series order one of these days, they're fantastic.
Evoland.

I actually liked the whole gimmicky aspect of its "RPG evolution"-themed gameplay, but cheap enemies, slow player attacks/movement and awful hit detection quickly killed my enthusiasm for it. Oh well. Let's hope Evoland 2 has better combat...