It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Still not official but I kind of feel I'll drop chasing any result in Crazy Taxi better than lame (personal assessment).
Played it few months ago and controls felt so weird to me. I don't remember having so much difficultly with any game in past years.
And I really thought I'll like this game, hell, it was on my wishlist since it's release. Bugger. :-/
RSnyden: Also, think about the snipers. Bang and you're out. Where did it come from? After 20 reloads you find out he's on a roof. The only way to get out alive is to aim to the roof and take him out (if you're fast enough).
True. They will always spot you instantly, so you have to know their location an hit them before they have the time to aim, which basically means moving just enough to make their head appear above some bricks and headshot them.

timppu: TW2 runs faster on your system than TW?

Odd, on all the PCs I've tried it, TW2 is more demanding to the hardware.
Actually, TW2 should run better basically everywhere.
I think it is an issue of the Aurora Engine, modified or not: none of the AE games ever ran well for me. They always have slowdowns and significant framerate drops, especially on new hardware. Even with my GTX770 and i7 processor I couldn't keep TW1 stable, and it constantly jumped from 45fps to 60... even 35, in Vizima's market.
Also, I heard that for someone the game couldn't surpass 5 frames.
TW2 is certainly more demanding for what concern resources, yet it is well implemented and it performs as every game should: if your hardware matches the requirements it works well, otherwise it will be progressively worse.
Crysis 2

Unlike the first game, I did not "quit" per-se. I was playing it, I was not hating it. When I sat down to play again, I decided instead to fire up Netflix to see if there was anything new on there before I started. As usual there was nothing there, so I picked whatever almost entirely at random. I was around 4 or so episodes in before I realised that I was procrastinating. The worst part was not only was I putting off playing Crysis 2, but that I was apparently so desperate to put it off I was instead watching Teen Wolf. Clearly I was not going back to Crysis 2.
ScotchMonkey: I only played 2 because my rig can't handle the first.
timppu: TW2 runs faster on your system than TW?

Odd, on all the PCs I've tried it, TW2 is more demanding to the hardware.
Oh I played 2 on console (360). That's why. TW1 never saw a console release.
Enebias: I think that level is bugged. Initially I tried to get past the endless horde of Nazis as well (on Hard it is basically impossible, especially when you exit the bunker), then I discovered that if you turn the alarm off with the nearby switch just a couple of seconds after the stash explodes, they don't respawn and you can end the level easily.

In any case, MoH:AA is full of moments like that. The last level of the expansion is the most unbalanced insanity I have ever seen.
RSnyden: Also, think about the snipers. Bang and you're out. Where did it come from? After 20 reloads you find out he's on a roof. The only way to get out alive is to aim to the roof and take him out (if you're fast enough).
To get through the sniper town I used a video walkthrough to know where they are.
DubConqueror: In Medal of Honer: Allied Assault I was about to blow up a weapon stash of a new gun in Fort Schmerzen (after witch you can't just take out the enemies one by one, as they keep respawing and you have to escape the fort the way you came running the gauntlet of constantly spawning german soldiers).
Enebias: I think that level is bugged. Initially I tried to get past the endless horde of Nazis as well (on Hard it is basically impossible, especially when you exit the bunker), then I discovered that if you turn the alarm off with the nearby switch just a couple of seconds after the stash explodes, they don't respawn and you can end the level easily.

In any case, MoH:AA is full of moments like that. The last level of the expansion is the most unbalanced insanity I have ever seen.
Thanks for the hint. I'll give the game one more shot if I feel I'm up to it.
Post edited September 11, 2015 by DubConqueror
Ok, that's it. I hardly quit games that I started, but I will finally quit Battlepaths. This must be the most boring RPG that I've ever played. There's hardly a story (just three scenarios that are not connected at all) and the combat is absolutely stupid. You move next to a monster, attack and wait to see the damage on both sides. No strategy at all. There's no magic (except for some potions), no long range weapons and only a rudimentary skill system.

I still tried to complete the game, but when I met the boss monster of scenario 2 and found out that I have no chance without doing more endless grinding (I need at least some more levels), I finally gave up.
:) = enjoyed but lost motivation and/or got stuck

:| = left me cold but might give another try sometime in the future

:( = didn't enjoy and won't play again

Abandoned in 2015:
-----------------------------------

Master of Magic :( --> loved Civilization but just couldn't get into this one

Knights of Honor :( --> great soundtrack but gameplay didn't grab me, couldn't get into it

Anno 1503 :) --> enjoyed open scenarios but didn't finish the campaign, micromanaging more anal than other Anno titles

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator :) --> nice worldbuilding, story and characters but the combat is simply too grindy/boring

Sacred Gold: :( --> feels sterile and lifeless, too many generic tasks

Divine Divinity :| --> solid game but it felt too stiff, didn't enjoy from the get-go

FTL :| --> very cool music, couldn't get into the gameplay, didn't like the graphics

Edge :( --> simple but incredibly awkward controls, pointless game, no fun

Prelogate :) --> lost motivation during a difficulty spike, didn't want to use hints to get past it

Bionic Dues :| --> interesting roguelike but didn't grab me, lost interest quickly

Space Pirates and Zombies :( --> didn't like the drunken controls, nothing here that made me want to keep trying

Steam Marines :( --> looked awesome but is too unforgiving, in a non entertaining way

Braid :| --> just not feeling it, didn't like the art style, many puzzles are more obtuse than clever

Chip :) --> very neat little puzzler, lost motivation to continue when levels started to demand lightning reflexes

Spacechem :( --> great game, apparently too difficult for me, didn't enjoy the challenge enough to stay motivated

Sword of the Stars: The Pit :| --> needs more atmosphere, lost interest before really getting into it

Torchlight :( --> feels sterile, repetitive, poorly designed linear dungeons, has no mojo

Space Hack :( --> soulless repetitive game, even worse than Torchlight

Frozen Synapse :| --> too anal, would take a while to get the hang of the unintuitive controls

Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign :( --> no atmosphere, gameplay feels too dry and repetitive

Alien Shooter :( --> movement is too awkward

Out There Somewhere :( --> had trouble pulling off some of the tricky jumps, got too frustrated

Shattered Planet :( --> way too simplistic and way too much boring grind, entirely pointless and dull game

Yet Another Zombie Defense :( --> too simplistic and limited, not worth it even at $0.99

Earth 2140 :( --> GOG version is broken but I didn't like the generic feel anyway

Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse :( --> very nice graphics and music, didn't like the Zelda style combat, too much backtracking

Dune 2 :( --> has aged poorly, controls are useless, has historical value but seriously can't play this anymore

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun :| --> standard fare, less charm than Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert, no motivation to finish

Abuse :) --> awesome and brutal run & gun, as much fun as 20 years ago but no motivation to finish it, too hard

Treasure Adventure Game :( --> absolutely nothing there that caught my interest

Stargunner :| --> very solid shooter but too hard for me

Tyrian 2000 :) --> generic yet very well made, has aged gracefully, fun for a couple sectors

Knights & Merchants :( --> too tedious, would rather play Settlers

Alien Nations :( --> boring and repetitive, nothing here that made me want to finish any of the campaigns

The Nations Gold :( --> same as Alien Nations, not worth my time

The Last Express :| --> didn't like the gameplay which relies on trial & error, forcing too much repetition

Toki Tori :) --> cute game, fun at first but puzzle solutions are too anal and obtuse, lost motivation

Seven Cities of Gold :( --> endless sailing and walking/riding, ok for an hour or two but soon gets highly repetitive

Blade & Sword :| --> very nice Chinese Diablo clone but ultimately too derivative to stand on its own

Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition :( --> Bland and uninspired gameplay, found N.O.X better in every way

<span class="bold">Papers, Please :(</span> --> repetitive and increasingly aggravating gameplay due to time pressure, poor presentation

[url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_quit_in_2015/post299 ]Darkseed :( [/url]--> single worst adventure game I ever played, full of game-breaking dead ends

Z the Game :( --> as a teenager I found this exciting, not having any fun with it now, some mechanics didn't age well

Galactic Civilizations 2 :| --> nirvana for customization & micromanagment, no energy/motivation to take this to completion

Port Royale :( --> competent game but felt awfully dry for a sea-faring game and shallow enough to let it run aground

RUSH :) --> easy to learn excellent puzzle game, lost motivation halfway through the hard levels

Conquest of the New World :( --> Loved this game when it was released, not enjoying it anymore
Post edited December 12, 2015 by awalterj
Toy Soldiers: War Chest (PS4)

Borrowed this game from my local library, but I'm returning it after only a couple of days. I guess Tower Defense isn't my thing, the game was fun for the first hour or so, then it was just the same thing over and over and over, way too repetitive and got boring really fast.
Guild Wars 2

I disliked its overall performance since my first impression of the game. After a few days researching, I found out that this game is not far different from Planetside 2, which is CPU bound. My laptop's CPU was never strong enough to afford a smooth fps for this game (always drops during boss fights). So I uninstalled the game with one regret. The 2 days I've wasted for downloading this game.
Post edited September 20, 2015 by Mercset
FTL

No save feature? Fuck your mother. Kindly fuck off back to the poison hole that you craweld out of.

Dear FTL, I wish I could hate you to death.

Signed - 10 dead crews.
Puzzle Kingdom

I played a session and it was great fun. But when starting it for a second time it happened... Problem is that the game only shows a blue coloured screen and the mouse cursor when starting it. No re-install etc helped. I searched a bit around and it seems the only "solution" to this is trying to play it on a different computer. What a mess -.-
awalterj: Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator :) --> nice worldbuilding, story and characters but the combat is simply too grindy/boring

FTL :| --> very cool music, couldn't get into the gameplay, didn't like the graphics

Torchlight :( --> feels sterile, repetitive, poorly designed linear dungeons, has no mojo

The Last Express :| --> didn't like the gameplay which relies on trial & error, forcing too much repetition
I completely agree. I love Septerra Core, but I've never finished it because constant battles that aren't fun. But I loved the world they built. And everyone loves Torchlight, but it seemed boring to me. I want to go back to "The Last Express" sometime, and I love FTL, but it might not be something you'd like. :)
awalterj:
Fantasysci5: I completely agree. I love Septerra Core, but I've never finished it because constant battles that aren't fun. But I loved the world they built. And everyone loves Torchlight, but it seemed boring to me. I want to go back to "The Last Express" sometime, and I love FTL, but it might not be something you'd like. :)
Back in the day, we probably would have bitten our way through the parts we don't like but now that we have an ever replenishing supply of cheap games and hard drives large enough to have dozens or even hundreds of games installed at the same time the question arises: what do we do with the time that we have? Because a day still only has 24 hours even if everything else has become faster and insta-available.

It pains me to abandon more games than I finish, on the other hand getting rid of completionist compulsion is a very freeing sentiment. Some games get the axe after only 1 or 2 hours, others I abandon halfway through and yet others I quit shortly before the end. It's quite challenging to be brutally honest with oneself and ask "am I -really- having fun with this game or just going through the motions?"
Quitting games has become my greatest weapon in slaying the unplayed backlog monster. I still intend to install and at least start to play every single game I own without exception but these days, I require a game to be fun from the get-go or else I'll not continue. Most often, I wait a bit and then try again before uninstalling anything so a lot of games linger in the limbo state of pre-trial detention without bail. At the moment, I have around 70 games installed and it's very likely that I'll finish only a minority of them.

To soften the blow of feeling bad about failed investments where I only got 1 or 2 hours of playtime out of it, I see my gaming expenses as a flat rate which makes it easier to abandon a $10 game and spend more time with a $2 game than with a $5 game and so on. Time is a more precious resource than money and wasting time is arguably more criminal than wasting money.

edit: the problem with my strategy is that I still fail to apply the same common sense to point & click adventures. With that genre, I put myself through a lot of time wasting and suffering and I somehow find myself unable to permanently abandon a point & click adventure, even if I'm stuck for months (or years) and not having any fun due to the stuckness - which one can only circumnavigate with a walkthrough but that would ruin fun as well so it's a no-win situation. The problem mainly lies within ego because there is this childish drive to self-solve everything which, frankly speaking, is neither sensible nor viable. Figuring out that one exact small thing that needs to be done to progress often comes down to finding the needle in the haystack or reverse-engineer contrivedness that sees itself as clever because it makes you feel dumb. When it's charming it can be tolerable to an extent but when that charm isn't there, it just makes you want to find the game designer's house, draw a pentagram on their porch and into its center lay a dismembered voodoo doll splattered with ketchup. Decorated with a little note in cut-out newspaper letters that say "I curse you and your offspring for 7 times 7 generations, may luck evaporate before it ever finds your way"
Post edited September 25, 2015 by awalterj
Gobliiins Trilogy

Although I enjoyed the cute pixel art, I found the gameplay to be mostly random trial-and-error clicking so I didn't get very far into each game.
I did a big back-log attack in September and quickly found I didn't like a lot of games I was hoping to like.

Top of the list are:
The Metros (2033, Last Light)
Uncharted 2

I hated the gun-play in all of them. Uncharted 2 was stupid in how enemies responded to gunfire (not taking cover, being hit in the head with a bullet did nothing unless it was the 4th hit). And the Metros just didn't captivate me. And I hate shooting creatures 50 times to kill them. It sort of ruins the game for me if bullet count as points away from HP.

I played a bunch of little indie games that I won't care to mention (I forgot their names) but one that really surprised me was Real Boxing. It's totally stupid and I know that. But I really enjoyed it. I do like crappy games, though. It's a flaw of mine.

I can't remember all of the games I crossed off my list, but I got to maybe a dozen of them. It's nice to try a game and then hate it and throw it in the "ignore" bin.
awalterj: FTL
Frozen Synapse
Both of these are on my top 50-100ish games. :) They do take some getting used to, but I loved them both. I'm glad you hate them, though. It makes me feel better for hating Metro. :-P

Mercset: Guild Wars 2

I disliked its overall performance since my first impression of the game. After a few days researching, I found out that this game is not far different from Planetside 2, which is CPU bound. My laptop's CPU was never strong enough to afford a smooth fps for this game (always drops during boss fights). So I uninstalled the game with one regret. The 2 days I've wasted for downloading this game.
I tried it a few weeks ago. I LOVED GW1 but don't have the time for it now. I figured I'd give GW2 a try. Meh. Nothing really caught me like the first game. Oh well.
Post edited October 02, 2015 by Tallima