It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

01kipper: Legend of Grimrock (Steam, but also on GOG):
I found that I greatly preferred the character creation, advancement, and setting of LoG1
omega64: How is the Character Creation different in the second game?
I found LoG2 to be more complicated, with more fiddly details. 5 races instead of 4, 7 classes instead of 3. The specific mechanics are different too, LoG1 feels more class-based to me, whereas LoG2 feels more skill-based.
The Witcher :(

I liked the look of the world, I liked the characters, I can see how this universe has great appeal. I just could not wrap my head around actually playing it. It felt like it was trying to be one sort of game, but you playd it like another. I tried for hours, but I just could not settle into it.

It is (so far) the only game my computer hated. I am running an i7-2xx, 16gbRAM, r9-285, SSD. I had to turn a lot of the setting all the way down and it still ran terrible.

I'm still very willing to play Witcher 2, I am now just quite conscerned about just how much I am going to miss out on having not played the first. I'm hoping there is a comprehensive Wiki, or "the movie" on youtube or something. I'll have to take a look at some point.
HeDanny: The Witcher :(

I'm still very willing to play Witcher 2, I am now just quite conscerned about just how much I am going to miss out on having not played the first. I'm hoping there is a comprehensive Wiki, or "the movie" on youtube or something. I'll have to take a look at some point.
I only played 2 because my rig can't handle the first.

I had next to no idea what was going on. You will need to watch an LP or read all the wikis.
Ziggurat. Wanted to unlock every character, perk, etc. but it became too repetitive and ended up boring the hell out of me.
damianweb: Ziggurat. Wanted to unlock every character, perk, etc. but it became too repetitive and ended up boring the hell out of me.
I've only played an hour so far, but even as a rogue-like I guess i thought it would have at least a little bit of a scale in difficulty, given the comparisons to Hexen.

But it seems like the game just throws you into the deep-end. Ended up in a boss fight early in one attempt where even kiting like mad I think I only did 15% of his health before getting stomped. Maybe there's just something I'm missing.

I've enjoyed some shooters (FarCry 1, Max Payne 1) and some rogue-likes (loved Rogue Legacy, like ToME), but I'm not sure this particular hybrid is really for me, as much as all the reviews comparing it to Hexen got me excited to pick it up.
ScotchMonkey: You will need to watch an LP or read all the wikis.
Thank you for the confirmation. I almost certainly would have done this anyway, but now there is no doubt.

Crysis

To jump requires a 3 button combo, which includes a stick gesture.

I'm honestly surprised I played it as long as I did. It was pretty apparent from the first ten minutes I was going to think it was terrible. A perfect example of why I usually dismiss all FPS games as terrible. Also an example of how stupidly optimistic I am, still buying and trying FPS games after all this time expecting them to actually, finally, be worth the time.

..and with that, time to fire up.. Crysis 2. urgh..
Super Time Force Ultra (PS4)

Normally I don't like side-scrolling shooter/platformers, but I thought I'd give this one a try as I occasionally enjoy this type of game (humour, pixel graphics), and it was free anyway with my PSPlus so why not? Well, I didn't even make it all the way through the tutorial :D, it was simply too hard for me. I generally suck at platformers, they have to have that special something for me to enjoy them enough to push through to the point where with practice I can increase my skill level high enough to play it... this one didn't have it. In the case of this game the "rewind time" feature was simply frustrating rather than fun, because the levels have time limits so it's necessary to use the feature correctly to progress. You're forced to re-do the same level over and over and over by design in order to pass.
Post edited September 07, 2015 by 01kipper
HeDanny: I'm still very willing to play Witcher 2, I am now just quite conscerned about just how much I am going to miss out on having not played the first. I'm hoping there is a comprehensive Wiki, or "the movie" on youtube or something. I'll have to take a look at some point.
You're missing more by not reading the books. Sadly, they're still not completely available in English (at least officially, there are fan-translations afaik).

A pity you didn't like the game. But tastes differ, I guess. It should be possible to find a story synopsis of the game somewhere, though you deprive yourself of importing the savegame. It doesn't change that much, but it's nice to see the hints at previous decisions in the next game.
Anno 1503 campaign

It's an awesome game, but too much work has caught up with me. Well that, and I got tired of the game lagging, which I think might have something to do with my aging laptop :-\
Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

Both games where waiting all summer for me to gather courage to take on very difficult fights:

In Return to Castle Wolfenstein I was about to confront Deathshead and his übersoldat.

In Medal of Honer: Allied Assault I was about to blow up a weapon stash of a new gun in Fort Schmerzen (after witch you can't just take out the enemies one by one, as they keep respawing and you have to escape the fort the way you came running the gauntlet of constantly spawning german soldiers).

Both fights are very difficult and I hoped to do it in the summer, when I was relieved of the stress of work. But even with the tiredness of work mostly gone, such difficult parts with the chance of dying again and again intimidate me. I don't have enough energy like I used to, be it my mental illness changing character or old age setting in, I don't know, but I'm leaning towards only playing games that I can handle with ease (Baldur's Gate mostly).
Post edited September 08, 2015 by DubConqueror
Wizorb

Loved the Game Boy Color aesthetic and the spells were fun, but it's still just Breakout. And I hate Breakout. If they'd gone further with the concept and made the spells less restricted, I'd have liked it a lot more.
DubConqueror: In Medal of Honer: Allied Assault I was about to blow up a weapon stash of a new gun in Fort Schmerzen (after witch you can't just take out the enemies one by one, as they keep respawing and you have to escape the fort the way you came running the gauntlet of constantly spawning german soldiers).
I think that level is bugged. Initially I tried to get past the endless horde of Nazis as well (on Hard it is basically impossible, especially when you exit the bunker), then I discovered that if you turn the alarm off with the nearby switch just a couple of seconds after the stash explodes, they don't respawn and you can end the level easily.

In any case, MoH:AA is full of moments like that. The last level of the expansion is the most unbalanced insanity I have ever seen.
The 7th Guest

Slow ass interface and one of the dumbest puzzles I have ever encountered. If you need to be explained how the cake puzzle is both stupid and crazy. then you probobly enjoy filling out tax forms with moon logic as written by a tard.

I lliked some of the music (until I realized it just loops over and over ) and the premise but the puzzles don't justify themselves with any kind of logic that a normal person would deem reasonable. Its just designed to be obtuse for the sake of hiding a lack of logical aptitude.

Fuck this game.
DubConqueror: In Medal of Honer: Allied Assault I was about to blow up a weapon stash of a new gun in Fort Schmerzen (after witch you can't just take out the enemies one by one, as they keep respawing and you have to escape the fort the way you came running the gauntlet of constantly spawning german soldiers).
Enebias: I think that level is bugged. Initially I tried to get past the endless horde of Nazis as well (on Hard it is basically impossible, especially when you exit the bunker), then I discovered that if you turn the alarm off with the nearby switch just a couple of seconds after the stash explodes, they don't respawn and you can end the level easily.

In any case, MoH:AA is full of moments like that. The last level of the expansion is the most unbalanced insanity I have ever seen.
Also, think about the snipers. Bang and you're out. Where did it come from? After 20 reloads you find out he's on a roof. The only way to get out alive is to aim to the roof and take him out (if you're fast enough).
ScotchMonkey: I only played 2 because my rig can't handle the first.
TW2 runs faster on your system than TW?

Odd, on all the PCs I've tried it, TW2 is more demanding to the hardware.