It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Watch Dogs for the 360

Where to start?

Didn't have any hopes for this except to be decent distraction with a couple of neat mechanics. I was interested when the reveal came out but didn't hold my breath. It turned out to be one of the of the most miserable gaming experiences In the past 2 years.

-It looks awful
-The story is dull and thrown together like nobody gave a fuck.
-Driving is extremely bad. Like Alone in the Dark bad.
-You have the same few mission types that get old pretty quick.
-The pipe alignment hacking Minni game is something you will come to detest for its ripoff quality.
-Some of the hacking exploits don't work 90% of the time like the traffic intersection jam causer.
-AI is inconsistent, they seem to be really good at flanking you but mostly stand out in the open instead of using cover.
-Reputation system is inconsistent. You will be penalized for shooting a bystander, but not for stealing his life savings.
-Cover system is imprecise and wonkey. It imitates the SC Blacklist system (which is excellent) but fails miserably.
-Skill tree is full of crap you will never use or get an opportunity to use.

Aiden has great animation as a character though. Really detailed and nuanced. Great job for that at least.

Everything you were shown in the trailers or E3 teasers was a giant lie.

Not to mention PC players couldn't play it when it came out due to the much detested (rightfully so) Uplay.

Fuck this game and fuck Ubisoft for lying again and again.

Fuck them.
I came close to quitting XCom : Terror from the Deep when I discovered on Ufopedia that there are some game-killing bugs in the Research tree. Something to the effect of if you don't have a certain type of gadget in stock when you finish researching a certain topic then a path in the research tree cannot be completed, making the game unwinnable.
Luckily I realized that because I was playing TFTD extender, I didn't need to worry about that bug because they fixed it.
Pretty damn serious bug though to have been left in the original version though
A few more games I quit recently which I didn't mention in my post yesterday:

The Crew (PS4):
The driving physics in this game are really off, every car felt practically the same, and like I was driving on a smooth flat plane. Steer clear of this game!

Destiny (PS4):
I tried to get into this game because I normally enjoy FPS, but I found the combat too repetitive and I didn’t like the MMO aspects.

InFamous Second Son (PS4):
I thought I’d enjoy this game for the open world aspects, but this game was a fail for two reasons:
(1) Too much story for an open-world game.
(2) The open-world missions were too similar and repetitive.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4):
Way too many cutscenes, poor AI, very short. More a demo than a game, I’d be pissed if I had actually paid for it (I got it free with PSPlus). I completed the main mission, but didn't play any of the extras.

Mousecraft (PS4):
I’m beginning to realise I’m not into puzzle games as much anymore. There’s nothing wrong with this game I think, I just found it boring.

Project CARS (PS4):
Driving physics felt really off in this game too, in this case it was because the cars were nearly impossible to control. I felt like I was fighting the game to complete a race, not fun.

Tropico 5 (PS4):
I thought I’d enjoy this game as I normally enjoy city-builders and funny games, but I quickly lost interest. I found it to have a bit too much micro-management for my liking.
Post edited August 10, 2015 by 01kipper
Haven't played Marvellous Miss Take in a month or so?

Yeah. That game, lemme tell ya.
Matewis: I came close to quitting XCom : Terror from the Deep when I discovered on Ufopedia that there are some game-killing bugs in the Research tree. Something to the effect of if you don't have a certain type of gadget in stock when you finish researching a certain topic then a path in the research tree cannot be completed, making the game unwinnable.
Luckily I realized that because I was playing TFTD extender, I didn't need to worry about that bug because they fixed it.
Pretty damn serious bug though to have been left in the original version though
Yep, it's such a fantastic game - it's such a shame about the game breaking situations.

Some helpful links on Ufopedia:

TRTBAG
Research Tree
TFTD Bugs
Austrobogulator: Yep, it's such a fantastic game - it's such a shame about the game breaking situations.

Some helpful links on Ufopedia:

TRTBAG
Research Tree
TFTD Bugs
Luckily it seems that most issues have been adressed TFTDextender
I burned through a few free PSPlus games recently, and I only tried the ones I thought might be interesting:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4):
I played through the first mission solo, it reminded me of the LEGO games. It’s not a bad game, it just didn’t draw me in to make me want to play more. Maybe it’s better co-op? But I will never find out because I prefer playing games solo :).

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4):
Playing this game confirmed something for me: I do not enjoy platformers (with only a couple of exceptions).

Styx: Master of Shadows (PS4):
I completed the first mission, and this is actually a fun stealth game set in a fantasy world. However, the long load times every time I die (and I die often when I play these kinds of games) really destroyed my enthusiasm. I may come back to this game sometime in the future though.

Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4):
I sometimes enjoy turn-based strategy games, but not this one. I didn’t like the cartoon art style or the dead/fantasy setting.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by 01kipper
The Witcher.

Tried to give it a second chance but I'm over that haha. It's definitely not mature, it's not particularly well written and it's as cliched as any game I've played. Maybe it gets better after the first three or four hours but I'm not sticking around that long.

In the hours I put into it, the game put off this aura that screams "look how freaking EDGY AND MATURE I AM! LOOK!!!!!!! I LISTEN TO PANTERA INSTEAD OF RAP AND I CURSE WHEN MOMMY ISN'T HOME, I"M SO FREAKING SPECIAL AND SMART AND MATURE AND EDGYYYYYYYY!!!!!!".

Both the graphics and combat are passable to be fair, and it has a nice soundtrack, I can see myself listening to it on occasion. So yeah, that's what I liked the most about the game, the soundtrack. Kudos to the composer(s). In fact I'm gonna go listen to some of its soundtrack right now.
I had to quit Anvil of Dawn because of this bullshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWpu-Sew3mw

I was having such a fun time with this game.
Pillars of Eternity.Great graphics,great game,but just can't get used to ''healing system''.No health potions
RottenRotz: Pillars of Eternity.Great graphics,great game,but just can't get used to ''healing system''.No health potions
True, you cannot recover health, but endurance completely regenerates itself after each battle.
Personally, I found the "double bar" (fixed health+regenerating endurance) a great idea; it pushes you to better organize your resources without forcing your party to continuously rest like in the Infinity Engine games. They eliminated a major annoyance, imo.
ScotchMonkey: A New Beginning, Final Cut:

The story had a good premise but lost me at a particular point early on, that led me to believe that the crux of it all was based on moon logic and bullshit.

It had great visual design and so far as a I played there were no bullshit puzzles (mind you I only slogged through an hour) but the script and the voice acting sounds like it was directed by the G Man.

I kept thinking that this is not how people would react and that is not something anyone would say.

Here is the thing, the voice actors are not native English speakers, as people they are amazingly fluent (pronunciation and grammar are excellent) but the tone used and the elocution of words sounds so alien and unnatural. No Rutger Haurs to be found here. It also ran really poorly for what it is.

Its a lot like Dark Eye Chains of Satnav, in that one gets a feeling that the creators efforts are not exactly grounded in reality. In other words they pulled a David Cage.
omega64: Had the same issue with Deponia, it's a lot better when you play it with german audio.
That's Daedalic for you. Had the same problem with A New Beginning, and Deponia to a lesser extent. Finished both anyway, but while Deponia pulled through thanks to humour, A New Beginning left a bitter taste. I think ScotchMonkey got it right, everything feels so stiff and unnatural...
omega64: Had the same issue with Deponia, it's a lot better when you play it with german audio.
Tannath: That's Daedalic for you. Had the same problem with A New Beginning, and Deponia to a lesser extent. Finished both anyway, but while Deponia pulled through thanks to humour, A New Beginning left a bitter taste. I think ScotchMonkey got it right, everything feels so stiff and unnatural...
That's the feeling I get most of the time when I play the German version of an English/American game and why I usually play both with original audio/text. I still have to look at the English translation of Gothic but I do expect the worst.
Post edited August 22, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Tannath: That's Daedalic for you. Had the same problem with A New Beginning, and Deponia to a lesser extent. Finished both anyway, but while Deponia pulled through thanks to humour, A New Beginning left a bitter taste. I think ScotchMonkey got it right, everything feels so stiff and unnatural...
Klumpen0815: That's the feeling I get most of the time when I play the German version of an English/American game and why I usually play both with original audio/text. I still have to look at the English translation of Gothic but I do expect the worst.
The worst part is when a game is sold without the original audio. Don't remember which game it was, but all audio except german was taken out.
Serious Sam 3: BFE (Steam)
I normally enjoy old school FPS (Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior Classic, Half-Life), so I thought this game would be a natural fit for me, but somehow it was not, it was just too rough and unpolished. I found the graphics to be really bad (I had to turn down the graphics settings a lot, which didn't annoy me per se but some objects were excessively bright compared to other ones nearby, the glaring contrast made it difficult to view), the controls were frustrating (I had a hard time jumping; and the quick save key didn't work and the key remapper was not working properly to change it), and the enemies were annoying (they swarm at me, and I have to melee most of them because I don't have enough ammo). ETA: Forgot to mention the stupid autosave which saved me just before I got hit by a couple of enemies, so every time it reloaded I got hit twice before I could even move/react :(.
Post edited August 22, 2015 by 01kipper