It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space.
I give up, the game beat me.
It took me 10 minutes to even figure out what the game wanted me to do in the first room, now I'm stuck in the second room. Somehow the game can't manage to stay at a solid 60 fps on my machine so yeah. Quite sad, was looking forward to playing it.
omega64: Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space.
It took me 10 minutes to even figure out what the game wanted me to do in the first room, now I'm stuck in the second room. Somehow the game can't manage to stay at a solid 60 fps on my machine so yeah. Quite sad, was looking forward to playing it.
Same here, i was managing the puzzles but the terrible framerate (poorly optimization) was what made me stop playing, a bit sad since i was actually enjoying it and looking foward to see the rest of the game.
Gave up on R.O.O.T.S. the other day. I managed to finish 45 of the 50 levels, but I just couldn't get an advantage on the other 5 levels.
A New Beginning, Final Cut:

The story had a good premise but lost me at a particular point early on, that led me to believe that the crux of it all was based on moon logic and bullshit.

It had great visual design and so far as a I played there were no bullshit puzzles (mind you I only slogged through an hour) but the script and the voice acting sounds like it was directed by the G Man.

I kept thinking that this is not how people would react and that is not something anyone would say.

Here is the thing, the voice actors are not native English speakers, as people they are amazingly fluent (pronunciation and grammar are excellent) but the tone used and the elocution of words sounds so alien and unnatural. No Rutger Haurs to be found here. It also ran really poorly for what it is.

Its a lot like Dark Eye Chains of Satnav, in that one gets a feeling that the creators efforts are not exactly grounded in reality. In other words they pulled a David Cage.
ScotchMonkey: A New Beginning, Final Cut:

The story had a good premise but lost me at a particular point early on, that led me to believe that the crux of it all was based on moon logic and bullshit.

It had great visual design and so far as a I played there were no bullshit puzzles (mind you I only slogged through an hour) but the script and the voice acting sounds like it was directed by the G Man.

I kept thinking that this is not how people would react and that is not something anyone would say.

Here is the thing, the voice actors are not native English speakers, as people they are amazingly fluent (pronunciation and grammar are excellent) but the tone used and the elocution of words sounds so alien and unnatural. No Rutger Haurs to be found here. It also ran really poorly for what it is.

Its a lot like Dark Eye Chains of Satnav, in that one gets a feeling that the creators efforts are not exactly grounded in reality. In other words they pulled a David Cage.
Had the same issue with Deponia, it's a lot better when you play it with german audio.
I think I've now officially given up on Knights of Pen and Paper - very fun for the first 8-10 levels. Bit of a slog after that. And by 30+ it's a huge grindy slog.

Think I'm now lvl 39 and from the forums high level enough to beat the last dungeon, but I think the only way I could would be to try and cheese the RNG.

Might be my party compostion, but even with two tanks to absorb damage and all gear upgraded (through loooong hours of grinding) I can't survive the trash in the last dungeon - invariably my healer or rogue gets 2-shot every time, and haven't gotten particularly lucky with random drops to further boost my odds of evading the trash fights altogether.

As with prior dungeons, once I was to a point where I could survive the trash the boss was easy. I've let the game sit for two weeks wondering if I'd get a hankering to either go back, since if I can just get to the boss I'm certain I can win, or if RNG only pulls 4-5 trash instead of 7, I can battle on. But every time it's 7. Perhaps the people who coast never expanded the enemy field from 5 to 7? That would sure make it easier.

I'm at the point where I think even gaining an additional level for a slight extra edge would take me about 2-4 hours of grinding the same lame fights over and over, repeatedly.

There's far too many other fun games in the world to keep doing that. If you're picking up the game cheap, I still give it a thumbs up, but only for the first 5-10 hours. If you're 30+ hours in like I am, you probably stopped having fun long ago and are really only sticking with it for some completionist urge.

That urge has now officially left me. So close!....but not worth it.
Velvet Assassin. I really shouldn't have bought it in the first place as I hate games that are set in World Wars (just me, I'm not preaching). Anyway, the whole British agent vs evil Nazi's thing didn't sit well so I uninstalled. I'm much more comfortable with games such as Bloodrayne as, to the best of my knowledge, there weren't any vampires around then or now.
pigdog: Velvet Assassin. I really shouldn't have bought it in the first place as I hate games that are set in World Wars (just me, I'm not preaching). Anyway, the whole British agent vs evil Nazi's thing didn't sit well so I uninstalled. I'm much more comfortable with games such as Bloodrayne as, to the best of my knowledge, there weren't any vampires around then or now.
No problems with the gameplay or the super mode? :P
pigdog: Velvet Assassin. I really shouldn't have bought it in the first place as I hate games that are set in World Wars (just me, I'm not preaching). Anyway, the whole British agent vs evil Nazi's thing didn't sit well so I uninstalled. I'm much more comfortable with games such as Bloodrayne as, to the best of my knowledge, there weren't any vampires around then or now.
omega64: No problems with the gameplay or the super mode? :P
The gameplay was a bit clunky but on the whole, it was pretty good, stealthy stuff. I'm going to sound dull but having an assassin run in her underwear doesn't really do much for me.....neither would an assassin in his underwear.
Devil May Cry 2 as part of the HD collection

I remember it being okay back in the day.but just coming off of the first one it was really disappointing. I started to remember as I played through the first level just how bland and awkward the environment was. Just how pathetically easy it was and worst of all just how dumbed down the combat was. I also completely forgot that there was a second playable character. That's how unmemorable this game was.
jajj, wrong thread i think :) i should go to sleep :P
Post edited July 17, 2015 by bela555
ScotchMonkey: Devil May Cry 2 as part of the HD collection

I remember it being okay back in the day.but just coming off of the first one it was really disappointing. I started to remember as I played through the first level just how bland and awkward the environment was. Just how pathetically easy it was and worst of all just how dumbed down the combat was. I also completely forgot that there was a second playable character. That's how unmemorable this game was.
I've never played it all the way through (played just until you have to escape a building and end up in another realm or something? I can't remember) but yeah it's pretty forgettable. Decent soundtrack though.
Space Pirates and Zombies (Linux)

This game is 99% extremely repetitive grinding and since it didn't change ever, I lowered the difficulty to "casual" at some point in the act where the whole system is infected and this change in the option menu caused a bug that corrupted all save games made afterwards. I lost hours of gameplay and decided to delete it, because I won't do all this grinding again for sure.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_quit_in_2015/post51
Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Tried my best to finish this turd but I don't think I'll ever finish the retarded end boss fight. While it was fun for being different, the developers decided to fill the entire game up with tasks that you need to be really accurate and precise to complete, the trouble is the game is actually about being incredibly difficult to control...

So, a guy is throwing flaming knives at you while your incredibly uncoordinated trying to precisely put three objects right next to the flaming knife guy who will one shot you to death while fighting with retarded controls. I can't even manage to get one object in place before getting killed.

So the developers of this can stay in low budget hell or vanish for all I care because damn sure if many people are going to actually finish their game.

I hate developers that add retardedly hard end boss fights just to say "F**k you gamer, we arn't going to let you finish our game."
omega64: Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space.
Cyraxpt: Same here, i was managing the puzzles but the terrible framerate (poorly optimization) was what made me stop playing, a bit sad since i was actually enjoying it and looking foward to see the rest of the game.
Might try again in 2 weeks. Poor performance was partly due to my cooler dying on me.