It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Games finished by Genki, 2016:

???? (forgot to track!)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (again)
Belladonna (review below)
Grow Home
Anna's Quest (review HERE )
Deadlight (review HERE )
DmC: Devil May Cry (review HERE )
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (review HERE )
The Last Dream (review HERE )
Samorost 2 (review HERE )
Tomb Raider 2013 (review HERE )
Fabulous Angela's Fashion Fever
Highrise Heroes: Word Challenge (review HERE )
Odd Planet (review HERE )
Planet of the Eyes (review HERE )
Tales of Zestiria
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon (no review)
Batman: Arkham Knight (review HERE )
Twilight City: Love as a Cure (again) (Review HERE )
Cursed (review HERE )
Portal (review HERE )
Oxenfree (review HERE )

Belladonna mini-review
No options -- Simply Load Game, New Game and Exit.

This point-and-click is very short -- about an hour and a half long. It's very linear and easy-to-figure out, and yet... It is in its way fascinating. It took me places I did not expect to be, and had me doing things that... well... I wouldn't want to spoil it for you, as this game is all about the story!

If you do not like reading in your games, don't even bother, as this one is not for you. If, however, you enjoy an intriguing story, Belladonna is definitely worth checking out. I would have liked more actual gameplay to flesh things out, but all in all, recommended~
Post edited January 01, 2017 by genkicolleen
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)

The game had the right idea, it was back to the roots with the exploration of the map in order to get whatever you need to progress instead of the linear corridors of the recent RE titles but the game fails in some many other aspects...

The enemies suck, period, they're not scary or original, they're just a messy bullet sponge, i don't know why they're trying to distance from the zombies, the old games were 90% zombies and 10% for the mutants.
Not to say that besides they being bullet sponges, there's no feedback on the combat, they barely react to the weapons...

There's some puzzles and it's neat to use the 3DS features (the touchscreen) to solve them but they're so basic that i wouldn't even call it a puzzle, just a gimmick. Just make harder puzzles, if people are having problems with it, well, it's 2016 (or 2012, when the game was released), people can just use the internet for the solution.

The Story, oh loooord, that stupid shit... Whyyyy? Why are they trying to make this awful cinematic garbage? It's either the dumb plot or the stupid jokes that no one laughs. I've recently played Resident Evil Remake and it was perfect for what it was, minimal story and with some twisted (interesting) backstory that you would found out with some notes/diaries/whatever along the game.
Look at Demon/Dark Souls/Bloodborne, minimal story with interesting lore, that's it.

I'm so torn with this game, it's like they were on the right track but then they decided to put the dumb humor, the "cinematic" story, the stupid gimmicks (using a gadget to look for items is dumb and that shit is even more annoying in RE2)... Ufff.
People say that RE was always dumb but try to play the early games (1~CV) and the new ones, sure, it had dumb stuff but it wasn't "in your face" as nowadays, you could endure it (hell, not even notice it)... But now... Michael Bay in everything...
Omikron: The Nomad Soul (GOG)

Want to play a game that seamlessly blends 3d adventure, shooting and fighting all into one game? Well don't play this one, but if you want to play an interesting adventure game and you don't mind older games with some of the quirks that come with them- then play it.

The controls are sluggish, sort of like early Tomb Raider but worse. The shooting is a bit dodgy, especially annoying is how the enemies see and shoot you before you can even see them through the game fog- even with view distance set to maximum. One part of the game- the Tetra Factory shooter sequence- almost had me quit the game due to a instant death bug in the game (see game forum for a solution) and a run of bad luck- RoboDogs dying in doorways and blocking me into a room. I had to repeat that sequence 6 times before finally getting through.
Brawling controls don't fare much better, after getting my ass handed to me with the first two fights I made the discovery that led to me easily winning every fight for the rest of the game. Don't worry about trying to finesse combo's. Select two of the four basic attacks and just button mash as fast as you can! Works every time.

But the shooting and fighting are really sideshows (though needed to progress). The game is really an adventure game and that is where it shines. The puzzles are quite good and all the info you need to progress can be found in books or exploring the environment. The world is different and has it's own lore which slowly comes to you by progressing in the story. The reincarnation mechanic is not just a game gimmick but a part of solving the puzzles in many cases. And if all that isn't enough, it has David Bowie.

Overall I really enjoyed it despite it's rough edges. It was probably a game that was slightly ahead of it's time and suffered by it's ambition being just a bit ahead of the available tech. I'd love to see this one remade using something like the current Unreal engine, but no one ever remakes games like this that could really benefit from new technology. Only successful games tend to get remade, which are the ones that actually don't need it funnily enough.
Post edited April 05, 2016 by CMOT70
Ironclad Tactics

Finished the main story. I also quickly tried New Game Plus and Dmitry's (or whatever his name was) campaign but those were incredibly infuriating and not fun at all, so I decided I would leave them be.

The main campaign was good fun. I had a good time figuring out the best decks for each mission. I also made sure to do every extra challenge as well. I enjoyed the gameplay, even though it's very hectic. I wonder how the game would be like if it were true turn-based... it would certainly very drastically change the whole game. On the negative side, the plot was pretty uninteresting, and the graphics of the actual game were not up to par with the very pleasing style of the comic book cutscenes. The campaign was also surprisingly short.

Now, the reason why I decided to abandon the other campaigns, is that they were way too hard (I know I know, "git gud" and all that) for my tastes. New Game Plus throws massive waves of enemies at you, and Dmitry campaign's difficulty was, in my opinion, artificial. Everything would go nice and smooth, and suddenly the game would fuck you up with sudden enemy mercenary reinforcements that pop up from the ground. There's an object you were supposed to be protecting, but shit like that really fucks up your chances, especially since the object in question only has 3 hp. Granted, it's an optional objective, but it left a sour taste in my mouth nevertheless, which is why I said fuck it.

All in all, I guess I got enough for my money's worth (2.70€ on sale) but I definitely would have liked to continue playing the other campaigns as well. Shame they had to go full sadism mode with those, since the main campaign had the perfect difficulty.
Just finished Freedom Planet with Lilac.
Never cared much for the Sonic games back in the day (NES guy), but I definitely enjoyed this one.
Good story, great voice acting and music. Colourful and flashly levels. Fun game mechanics and cool bosses.
Brilliant Shadows : Part 1 of the Book of Gray Magic

A very nice western (as in not anime) VN. Fully voiced, with quite a lots of choices for a VN. But one of the three possible endings. Interesting story, likable characters, beautiful visuals and nice music (even if I bit louder than dialogs at time, had to lower it a bit).

Oh, and don't get confused by the "part one" bit. While it is true that the story will continue (part 2 is on kickstarter right now), this part one is fully enjoyable as it is.

So, if you wanna try a VN but the anime style is not your slice of bread, Brilliant Shadows : Part 1 of the Book of Gray Magic could be a good choice.

so far in 2016: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2016/post46
Sleeping Dogs (PC)

I had already played it a few hours a long time ago but this time I made a full playthrough and I was gladly impressed. First off, being a huge fan of HK cinema, it's a pleasure to wander around in the streets and get a feeling close to the real stuff. Secondly, after getting used to the tricks of the combat system it gets really entertaining to get into fights as it's on par with the combats of Shenmue 2. The main missions and side-missions have a good variety of gameplay and in the longer missions, I appreciated that each "sequence" has a checkpoint so you don't have to restart all over. The only big default is the camera while driving as it tends to always go upfront which is a nightmare while maneuvering.

I played the vanilla version (which is now unavailable) but the "definitive edition" contains some of the DLC's which already gives more missions to do even if the game in itself is already well filled (beat the main story in around 28 hours). Naturally, I strongly recommend for driving and combats and quickly switch to K+M for the TPS sequences.
catpower1980: Sleeping Dogs (PC)

I had already played it a few hours a long time ago but this time I made a full playthrough and I was gladly impressed. First off, being a huge fan of HK cinema, it's a pleasure to wander around in the streets and get a feeling close to the real stuff. Secondly, after getting used to the tricks of the combat system it gets really entertaining to get into fights as it's on par with the combats of Shenmue 2. The main missions and side-missions have a good variety of gameplay and in the longer missions, I appreciated that each "sequence" has a checkpoint so you don't have to restart all over. The only big default is the camera while driving as it tends to always go upfront which is a nightmare while maneuvering.

I played the vanilla version (which is now unavailable) but the "definitive edition" contains some of the DLC's which already gives more missions to do even if the game in itself is already well filled (beat the main story in around 28 hours). Naturally, I strongly recommend for driving and combats and quickly switch to K+M for the TPS sequences.
The story dlc's are standalone from the main wordl/story. You launch them from the main menu and have different activities.
Post edited April 06, 2016 by omega64
Replayed and finished King Oddball ( Big Fish Games version ) today . Only missed one achievement ( Golden Five )

Time played : 15:01:51
Does Flight of the Amazon Queen count?

After finally managing to finish all of Tropico 4 (original campaign + Modern Times + all 10 DLC missions) 2 weeks ago, after chipping away at it since November, was glancing through the freebies for something quick to just add to the list while procastinating on writing a serious review for T4 and picked this. Did use a guide a few times since I just wanted to have something to add to the list there this year, and even so took me a while, with the usual rate of not playing anything at all some days and in others barely poking at something, but anyway.

Plan now is to maybe feel less bad if I'll end up spending the rest of the year trying to finally finish Hordes of the Underdark and maaaaybe win a (long) game of King of Dragon Pass. That never went well so far.
Wolfenstein New Order

A whole lot of missed opportunities but a pretty well directed story.

The visuals are dogshite on the 360 version. A lot of aliasing and blurry ass textures. Coming in on 4 DVD's to get an almost original Xbox level of visual quality is nutters.
I normally don't write here about my finished games but I just finished bonus campaign of Shadowrun Hong Kong (and of course base SR:HK, overall 47,5h - according to galaxy) and I feel like writing :P

So yea, base game is nice but, as many people already said, it's worse than Dragonfall... no doubt about it, but I still enjoyed it very much.

As for the bonus campaign, I think it's much better than main one. I liked that there was some "harder" decision to make in the side missions (compared to base campaign), sadly there was nothing about their consequence (or I missed it) in the ending.
Also I have problem with ending... I mean... <spoiler> why I can't make ending that Duncan get his SIN restored but my main character stay with others as SINless... I never once expressed any desire to go back to my old life in any dialogue and yet only two options... (I know that I would get in trouble with Auntie Cheng if I didn't burn the warehouse) When I made Qiu to owe me a favor... what's the point if I can't use it at the end in some way?</spoiler>

But overall I enjoyed it a lot and that's what counts, I need to get the Shadowrun Retruns someday but, meanwhile, I think I will go and play Dragonfall again. :)
Post edited April 07, 2016 by Trid
ScotchMonkey: Wolfenstein New Order

A whole lot of missed opportunities but a pretty well directed story.

The visuals are dogshite on the 360 version. A lot of aliasing and blurry ass textures. Coming in on 4 DVD's to get an almost original Xbox level of visual quality is nutters.
The PC version doesn't look amazing either and has loads of issues. Yay for their engine.
Sniper Elite V2

One of the worst games I have played this year. All you do is slaughter your way through every enemy you encounter. I expected a bit of stealth gameplay, the only "stealth" element is the pistol with the silencer, however, it has very limited ammo, and awful accuracy.
I played this co-op with a friend, which is probably the only thing that made me finish the game.

Complete list of games finished in 2016.
The Wolf Among Us (Xbox One)

Everyone at some point has asked themselves the question "what would a TV series directed by Martin Scorsese using only characters from fairy tales and fables be like?". Well The Wolf Among Us isn't directed by old Martin, but it has his feel. It's a dark, gritty murder tale that can even spring a little surprise right up to the final sentence of dialogue.

It's definitely the best Telltale adventure. The Walking Deads are great for a manic depressive needing that last little push towards suicide, Tales from the Borderlands is a pretty decent Borderlands adventure. But Wolf is a great story in it's own right- even if you have no interest in the Fable comics, plus I also feel it's the Telltale game that gets the best balance between slow paced interrogation and investigative sequences mixed with the high paced action segments.

If you're only going to play one Telltale game, make it this one.