It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dutchexcalibur: Mark of the Ninja - This stealth platformer has many good aspects, but I wasn't ever quite hooked by it. This could be due to the similarity of levels visually, or the lack of growth in player abilities. Since combat isn't a feasible path, and being seen is essentially instant death, there isn't a lot of options in how to play the game. The stealth is adequate, but never feels challenging. An okay platformer, with some frustrating parts at times.
The game gets a lot more challenging on New Game Plus as your field of vision is a lot more limited.
dutchexcalibur: Q.U.B.E. - Decent, little puzzler in the spirit of Portal, with a unnerving underlying storyline. This is an example of a game, where the storyline and gameplay aren't linked in anyway.
Figures, since it was added retroactively. I only played through two thirds of the original version which was silent, without a story, and I thought it was cool, it didn't feel like it was missing a story. Nevertheless, by now I also own the Director's Cut, so ... did you think the story was entertaining enough to be worth adding, despite not really being related to the gameplay? If I give it another try some day, should I play the Director's Cut because of it?
Post edited March 07, 2016 by Leroux
GemCraft: Chasing Shadows

I overestimated (slightly) how long I'd been playing. Got the "you win!" screen at 88 hours, with a lvl 177 wizard. That said, there's still quite a lot I haven't completed.

Achievements 200/419
Challenge Maps roughly 11/17
Skills unlocked 19/20

Could easily play dozens more hours. Really enjoyed it - and while Defender's Quest was charming, this is the most rewarding/challenging tower defense game I've played.

And to think - I almost gave up and returned it after 1 hour because I hadn't tapped any of the potential yet.

A+

I think yogsloth would like it.
Shovel Knight, Vita

I'd actually already beaten Shovel Knight about a year ago. Here's the thing. Shovel Knight? Great game, absolutely fantastic, and this is coming from someone who largely missed the generation it's a tribute to. And releasing a full-length expansion for free? That's fantastic. The thing about the Vita, though is that there's no way to delete downloadable games without also deleting your save files. So if you have an expansion that you can only play after beating the main campaign, released well after you've already beaten that campaign, and you make a point of deleting games as you beat them because a decently-sized Vita memory card will set you back something like $100, and to heck with that ... you probably see where this is going. I now see that there was actually a cheat code I could have entered to have skipped having to play the campaign. But it's OK; Shovel Knights, as mentioned, is really good, and I was happy to replay it.

Still ... why the heck can't I backup saves separately? And on an unrelated note, why, years after the PSN was introduced, is my download list still just an unsortable list of everything I've ever purchased, in order of purchase, with no sorting options I've ever discovered or way to filter out games that can't be downloaded to the system I'm on at the moment? And since I brought it up already, what is with super-expensive proprietary memory cards? Get it together, Sony.

Anyway, I'll give it a week's break, since I marathoned the campaign and don't want to burn out, but I'm looking forward to Plague of
Shadows.
dutchexcalibur: Q.U.B.E. - Decent, little puzzler in the spirit of Portal, with a unnerving underlying storyline. This is an example of a game, where the storyline and gameplay aren't linked in anyway.
Leroux: Figures, since it was added retroactively. I only played through two thirds of the original version which was silent, without a story, and I thought it was cool, it didn't feel like it was missing a story. Nevertheless, by now I also own the Director's Cut, so ... did you think the story was entertaining enough to be worth adding, despite not really being related to the gameplay? If I give it another try some day, should I play the Director's Cut because of it?
It's a decent story, it's got some surprises throughout and gives some context to the puzzling. Since you didn't finish the game, I'd say it would be worth playing the Director's Cut.
Leroux: Figures, since it was added retroactively. I only played through two thirds of the original version which was silent, without a story, and I thought it was cool, it didn't feel like it was missing a story. Nevertheless, by now I also own the Director's Cut, so ... did you think the story was entertaining enough to be worth adding, despite not really being related to the gameplay? If I give it another try some day, should I play the Director's Cut because of it?
No, it's not really worth it.
BadDecissions: Shovel Knight, Vita
Still ... why the heck can't I backup saves separately? And on an unrelated note, why, years after the PSN was introduced, is my download list still just an unsortable list of everything I've ever purchased, in order of purchase, with no sorting options I've ever discovered or way to filter out games that can't be downloaded to the system I'm on at the moment? And since I brought it up already, what is with super-expensive proprietary memory cards? Get it together, Sony.

Anyway, I'll give it a week's break, since I marathoned the campaign and don't want to burn out, but I'm looking forward to Plague of
Shadows.
Yeah, you have to pay for ps plus to upload your saves. :l
Post edited March 07, 2016 by omega64
Massive Chalice Again. Second play through, this time an Ironman Hard play. So only one save slot which oversaves with every action and choice you make. It was okay, but the Iron play mode introduces a small but very annoying issue. The game physically saves after absolutely every little thing you do...resulting in a micro pause as the system does so. It makes a very smooth game become a bit un-smooth. Not sure why in Iron mode they didn't simply disable the load and save screens and only allow save on exit- like many rougelikes. It would have achieved the same result without the save pausing all through the game.
<span class="bold">Diablo III</span>

Ever since I first played Diablo II, I have always wanted more. Somehow I ignored this title, I don't remember why I did this. And so far many years I have played anything similar to Diablo II(Torchlight series, Path of Exile, Titan Quest, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel), with Path of Exile being my favorite.
Even though the game is not as complex as other Diablo II clones(like Path of Exile), it has been a lot of fun, with a good , and some of the best [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9mUe5vHYzs]cinematics.
I played as a solo Crusader, the other classes seem like fun, I might do a co-op Monk next time.
What annoyed me the most, and probably one of the reasons I didn't play this earlier was the fact that I got disconnected out of my solo/private game and so I had to reload the game, well it happened two times, and both were at the begging of a map, still there should be an offline mode for the game.
Next up is the Reaper of Souls expansion, however I feel the need to play Diablo II again, it has been so long. If GOG would bring it to the catalog it would be an instant buy for me.

Complete list of games finished in 2016.
Post edited March 07, 2016 by sanfueg
Ikarugamesh: Just finished Saints Row: The Third. What can I say? I really loved this one. I have yet to get the other ending and maybe replay it and choose the other choices.
Antimateria: Totally fun game even if that driving kinda sucks. Still a lot better game than saints row iv.
I personally enjoyed driving all kinds of vehicles in SRTT. It was more satisfactory than in GTA IV, where I only used cars and refrained from using other kind of vehicles (I hated the final mission when you had to pilot a helicopter...)
Finished Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People - Episode 3. Better than the first episodes.

Full list here.
Just finished Dark Souls II (standard edition) with an Explorer build.
Enjoyed it tremendously, though not as much as the first. Definitely easier than the first, though still incredibly difficult at times.
Post edited March 08, 2016 by Thiefer
Just finished Tesla Effect. Enjoyed it, love the Tex Murphy games. Did find myself a bit confused with the plot at some parts, and I think I forgot a lot of the things which were being referenced. Probably should have replayed the older games first, not played some of them for decades.

Not sure what to tackle next.

Thiefer: Just finished Dark Souls II (standard edition) with an Explorer build.
Enjoyed it tremendously, though not as much as the first. Definitely easier than the first, though still incredibly difficult at times.
That was my feeling too. I struggled a little on a few of the bosses in the DLC, and an optional boss in the main game (Darklurker) - but most of the bosses felt just like bigger trash mobs. Still really like the game/series though.
Just finished Life is Strange , ninjas cutting onion.. T_T
pantekranger: Just finished Life is Strange , ninjas cutting onion.. T_T
So, is your Life is Strange too?
Mutant Mudds Deluxe

It was OK. The music was catchy and the controls pretty responsive. I didn't like the character's slow movement and wasn't particularly fond of the over-reliance on spikes and pits to add challenge to the game. Overall, it was nothing special, but at least, it didn't overstay its welcome.

Full list.