It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Decided to play through Wing Commander again, just because. I thought about going through the Secret Missions expansions but I think I'm good as some of those missions can get pretty tough and I just wanted to have some quick fun with an old favorite.

Not that it's a complex, randomly generated game, but it's interesting seeing little things change from one playthrough to the next. I've played through this game multiple times since it first came out and usually Iceman is the next guy below me on the kill board, but somehow Angel, who's usually firmly in the middle, turned into a total killing machine and ended up in third just behind Hunter despite significantly fewer missions. Iceman wasn't having much luck this time. Speaking of Hunter, I can't stand that guy. He always pusses out on me during missions, gets shot once or twice right away and starts begging to return to base.

Spirit was KIA. I'm not sure how that happened because I don't recall her ever getting shot down on a mission. I suppose she may have collided with a patrol ship while I was landing or something.
Shin Megami Tensei IV. I planned adding this title to my list when I got all four routes, but I'll wait a while in order to get the last one (neutral) and play something else on my 3DS. Like Devil Survivor Overclocked.

So, I got the nihilist, law and chaos routes.
Ikarugamesh: Shin Megami Tensei IV. I planned adding this title to my list when I got all four routes, but I'll wait a while in order to get the last one (neutral) and play something else on my 3DS. Like Devil Survivor Overclocked.

So, I got the nihilist, law and chaos routes.
Recently I finished law and chaos routes too. At first I tried neutral route but I could not because of restricted alinement system...(only could choice law and chaos but neutral at the final choice event. damn).
Also sequel, Shin Megami Tensei IV FINAL is a good game.it is more polished than the original. highly recommended.

For me, I finished Geneforge 4 yesterday.
I decided playing these and Avernum series entirely.
This game was a better story than 3, and challenging difficulty. I enjoyed it a lot.
Now I'm playing Avernum 6, which is the last in the series.

My list here.
Ikaruga on normal... Finally goddammit.
muntdefems: <span class="bold">Moirai</span>
Yeah, it's one of those games. As such, some of you will find it brilliant, while others will think it's dull and uninspired.
Leroux: I've played it too now, thanks to your post. I thought it was neither of the above, but interesting to try. Cheers! :)
You're welcome! Yeah, I was probably exaggerating there as I didn't find it neither brilliant or uninspired either... :P
Leroux: I've played it too now, thanks to your post. I thought it was neither of the above, but interesting to try. Cheers! :)
muntdefems: You're welcome! Yeah, I was probably exaggerating there as I didn't find it neither brilliant or uninspired either... :P
Yeah, it's a nifty little thing. Definitely worth the price :P (and the 15 mins to play it). I have a hard time imagining that someone would finish it and feel that it's uninspired...
Fallout: New Vegas. Finally my long journey has come to an end, after more than 160 hours in that playthrough. And to think I've planned three more...

I finished the independent Vegas route.
Started Grand Theft Auto IV again.
King's Quest (1990 SCI remake). It's, you know, King's Quest. The layout of the map is somewhat different, I think, and they made the Rumplestiltskin puzzle easier, and I guess climbing the beanstalk is slightly easier, but basically this is just a straight remake with improved graphics and sound. Indeed it looks and sounds quite nice. I still prefer the original, just because it's the original and I'm more used to it, but this was a nice change of pace.
coryrj1995: Dragon Age: Origins

Only took me 34 hours.
Holy shit, even after playing through a couple times, my fastest time to get through the base game (plus the Watcher's Keep and Shale DLCs) was about 70 hours - and that's with the 'Skip the Fade' mod! I know plenty of people have run through it fast, but I have no idea how they managed it.
GR00T: Holy shit, even after playing through a couple times, my fastest time to get through the base game (plus the Watcher's Keep and Shale DLCs) was about 70 hours - and that's with the 'Skip the Fade' mod! I know plenty of people have run through it fast, but I have no idea how they managed it.
Huh I need to go back and see what I missed, I thought 34 hours was starting to take a while :P
That was the first time I actually got through the game past getting one group to help me. Plus I should mention I was on casual (I know, I know...). I am playing Awakening right now... and now planning to replay this one.
Mario Kart 7: frickin' finally...
Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies: I don't know if already mentioned it.
Currently going through Smash Bros. 3DS and Shovel Knight (still with the original campaign).
GR00T: Holy shit, even after playing through a couple times, my fastest time to get through the base game (plus the Watcher's Keep and Shale DLCs) was about 70 hours - and that's with the 'Skip the Fade' mod! I know plenty of people have run through it fast, but I have no idea how they managed it.
My first playthrough of it last year took me 62 hours. No DLC. I spend an absurd amount of time at shops. Awesome, awesome game.
Descent 3: Mercenary (expansion pack)

This had 7 mission, as opposed to 15 missions in the Descent 3 base game, but the missions/levels seemed considerably smaller and faster to finish, like half the size. Which was good because frankly many of the original Descent 3 maps were too large to my taste, they just kept going on and on and on...

The expansion pack didn't change my love/hate-relationship with Descent 3. Maybe the gameplay in the expansion pack was a bit easier (in Insane difficulty), but still there were times I hated playing the game, while other times I loved playing it.

Maybe the biggest highlight in Mercenary was the sixth mission, where you can "hack" the big bad enemy turrets to fight on your side, by blowing up that glowing "thing" which is somewhere near each turret. Damn it felt good rushing into middle of very hard enemies and such turret, then being able to destroy that control dome thingie, and speeding away knowing that that turret has just been converted to your side and started killing all the poor enemies around it. Bwahahahaha! That was a great mission.

But the ending boss... OMFG. Apart from maybe one boss in the base game (the spider-like thingie which doesn't fly and you have to shoot at its limbs), all Descent 3 bosses sucked. Same for the end-boss of Mercenary. A huge robot which WILL kill you about hundred times before you succeed in killing it. I had already caused considerable damage to it in Insane difficulty, but at some point said "phuck it" and changed the game to the easiest Trainee difficulty, just to be done with it. A very stupid boss fight.

Moreover, I had the same technical problem with the last Mercenary boss as I had with the base game end boss: the game kept crashing very often. It seems to be related to some visual effects or sounds when the boss shoots thousand things at the same time.

https://www.gog.com/forum/descent_series/descent_3_last_boss_keeps_crashing/page1

Anyway, after about 100 crashes and reloads, I finally made it to the end and could see the short end video.

Playing Descent 3 made me finally install Forsaken to try it out too, but I am unsure if I want to confinue playing it, it seems a bit too archaic after playing Descent 3. Flying in very narrow and small corridors...
Post edited July 31, 2016 by timppu
I play on Hard, but I don't think that makes an extreme difference in time - my first run through was 89 hours. Managed to cut it down to 77 hours the second time (didn't bother reading the codex entries). I've gone through the game completely 5 times and never had less than 60 hours. I should note though, that I do tend to take longer in RPGs than most players, so that's definitely a factor as well.

Thiefer: My first playthrough of it last year took me 62 hours. No DLC. I spend an absurd amount of time at shops. Awesome, awesome game.
Heh, I love it, despite its generic setting.