It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prelogate

The game I won here, once again thank you xckx!

What I can I say, I absolutely love this game! It looks like a standard lasers+mirrors+gates logic game but it has a great twist that makes it special: later levels have several stages. The only difference is that some lasers and/or receivers are switched off/on or accepting different colors. The thing is that you have to construct your solution in such a way that it solves every single stage, without adding or taking anything from it. As small example: the first stage consist of three lasers (all turned on) and three receivers but only one accept light, others may not be hit by any laser. In next stage only two lasers are switched on but every receiver should get some light. In next stage only one laser is on whereas two receivers need light. And so on, and so on. And you have to create such a solution that will work with every single stage! So you'll need some logic gates and similar stuff to achieve it. It's a bit hard to explain it with words so if you like logic games give it a try.

My only complain is that THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS WHITE LASER LIGHT!!! The very basic property of a laser is that it's monochromatic! /physicist mode off.

Full list
Ghorpm: Prelogate

What I can I say, I absolutely love this game! It looks like a standard lasers+mirrors+gates logic game but it has a great twist that makes it special: later levels have several stages. The only difference is that some lasers and/or receivers are switched off/on or accepting different colors. The thing is that you have to construct your solution in such a way that it solves every single stage, without adding or taking anything from it. As small example: the first stage consist of three lasers (all turned on) and three receivers but only one accept light, others may not be hit by any laser. In next stage only two lasers are switched on but every receiver should get some light. In next stage only one laser is on whereas two receivers need light. And so on, and so on. And you have to create such a solution that will work with every single stage! So you'll need some logic gates and similar stuff to achieve it. It's a bit hard to explain it with words so if you like logic games give it a try.

My only complain is that THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS WHITE LASER LIGHT!!! The very basic property of a laser is that it's monochromatic! /physicist mode off.

Full list
Sounds great. I love me some puzzle games.

How hard does it get though? Is it suitable for small-brained individuals? D:
Ghorpm: Prelogate

Full list
Austrobogulator: Sounds great. I love me some puzzle games.

How hard does it get though? Is it suitable for small-brained individuals? D:
There are ten chapters in the game, the first five is more like a tutorial, introducing new mechanics but some levels can be slightly tricky nonetheless. Later levels combines more less everything that you were using before.

What I also like is that if you can use a specific element you can use as many of them as possible. In similar games like Chromatron the limited amount of devices somewhat suggested the solution. Here you can do it however you like. You can solve a level with five devices but if you want to do it with twenty - that's up to you. If it works it's fine so there are multiple solutions.

Last two chapters are the most difficult because space where you can place devices is very limited so making a working solution for a level that has nine steps is rather difficult. I got seriously stuck only in the last chapter, in one level particular. I was already thinking that there must be a bug somewhere and it couldn't be solved. I was wrong :)

But you know what, even if a few last levels are too difficult for you I would still recommend getting this game. The difficulty increases slowly so after the initial tutorial you will get puzzles that are rewarding to solve. Even if you don't beat the entire game you should get a lot of fun!
I've been on a bit of a games made by GameMaker spree:
Hotline Miami: I was skeptical but wow, so many of the elements came together - a lot of great, simple fun to be had. Particularly fond memory is knowing exactly how to speed through the Crackdown level to get the secret letter. Sure I hated it at the start but fine-tuning and getting it down to a science was amazing fun. Killer soundtrack too!

Gunpoint
What surprises me about this game was how good/humorous the writing was. I also like the art style and setting and running around as a guy in a trench coat vaguely reminded me of Syndicate. The puzzles are fun but I would have liked a few more levels that encouraged aggressive play. Oh and jazz music :)
Post edited November 04, 2014 by xieliming
Nov 5 - Bio Menace (all three episodes on easy)

A nice platformer, though episode 3 cranks the difficulty up a couple notches, even on easy. Generally pretty fun though. The penultimate level of episode 3 was especially annoying with its vanishing ledges and need for precisely timed jumps. Controls and animation were smooth and the graphics pretty good. Bobby Prince's soundtrack is great.
Finished Escape Goat.Great platform puzzeler.Found there's more hard puzzles after the main dungeon but I consider it finished.It's fun,challenging,not too long.Very good game.
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

The game I won here so once again huge thanks damien, Sachys, foxworks and HypersomniacLive!

It's one of the first p&c games I've ever played so it was a great nostalgia trip to early 90s. I think the game aged pretty well and it's still a pleasure to play it. I really like sense of humor, three significantly different paths to follow (nice replay value!) and mostly logical puzzles (sometimes you really have to know what to do otherwise you'll have to try 256 possible combinations). There were parts that I didn't like: overused orichalcum puzzles. You see a small hole? Place a bead there! Too many scripted events that felt really artificial, like items conveniently lying around just where you need them (balloon invoice?!) or Jones trading artifacts even though he constantly criticizing Sophia for doing so. I had a great time playing it again after ~20 years nonetheless!

Full list
Breach & Clear

Finished every mission (Terrorist Hunt, Bomb Defusal, Escape Plan) with the maximum four stars on normal difficulty; thus I consider the game beaten. The game's a lot like Frozen Synapse, although not as polished. It's still a fun game, but could've used some improvements. First of all, instead of single missions, I'd rather have had a "real" campaign, with actual story elements. The AI is a little boneheaded. The weapon catalogue could've used some additional gear; the last three guns are very time-consuming to get so I ignored those (they would've probably just been gold versions of earlier guns anyway), but I had already unlocked all the others (around 15 guns or so) halfway through the game and they were mostly pretty obscure, like some weird Afghan rifle I'd never even heard of. No M4, no MP5, no SPAS12, no P90; none of the better-known weapons of the world. Additionally, I had had all the best weapon upgrades, vests and such around that point too; thus money became pretty much useless. Nevertheless, it was a fun game, like I said; could've been better, but decent as it is, too.
xieliming: Gunpoint
What surprises me about this game was how good/humorous the writing was. I also like the art style and setting and running around as a guy in a trench coat vaguely reminded me of Syndicate. The puzzles are fun but I would have liked a few more levels that encouraged aggressive play. Oh and jazz music :)
I have finished this too. It is funny, but is very very short. I have finished it in about 5 hours.
Aliens vs. Predator finally...
siulebuo: I have finished this too. It is funny, but is very very short. I have finished it in about 5 hours.
That doesn't seem that short for a game like this ...
siulebuo: I have finished this too. It is funny, but is very very short. I have finished it in about 5 hours.
Leroux: That doesn't seem that short for a game like this ...
I thought it was three hours.
Leroux: That doesn't seem that short for a game like this ...
realkman666: I thought it was three hours.
Yes, I am not very skilled...
Neighbours from Hell 2: On Vacation

More of the same as the first Neighbours from Hell, but improved. Now, it has more locations other than just the bloody house, significantly smaller repetition of the tricks (it helps that there are more items/situations at work), no time limit and you can now mess up twice without having to restart the whole stage. You'll also have to watch out for the neighbour's mom.

Having said that, I didn't find it as funny or interesting as the first one, as I prefered the sitcom atmosphere, rather than the one of vacations.

Full list.
Post edited November 05, 2014 by Grargar
Finished Journey of a Roach and it was a fun short adventure game with a twist (you can walk onto walls).

Full list here.