It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long awaited gameplay improvements and a new outfit for Ciri!

It's been a long wait, but it looks like it's been worth it... They're ready! Two much anticipated new additions to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are here with something for your eyes, your body and your soul.

This week's FREE DLC is the previously teased Alternative outfit for Ciri. Sometimes agility isn't everything, so trade in your comfy outfit and mix things up with a bit more steel for your body... and a bit more glamour for your eyes.

But the big news this time around is the much anticipated Patch 1.07 , with a list of fixes bordering on ridiculous and ridiculously useful... all for your soul. The highlights include:

--An alternative, optional movement style for a more responsive Geralt.
--A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game.
--Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
--Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
-- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
--Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
--A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
--Various improvements to horse behavior, including an issue whereby the player's horse would often stop abruptly before bridges or other narrow passages.

Check out the full changelog here, and make your The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt experience so much better starting right now!

INSTALLING THE FREE CONTENT:

Here is how you can grab and install your new DLC in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Add the 16 FREE DLC Program to your account from its product page. It's like buying a game, but free.

A) If you're using GOG Galaxy:

--Select The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt from the sidebar to open its game page.
--Click on the drop-down labeled "More", (located next to the PLAY button) and choose "Configure".
--The Configure page will feature all available DLCs listed towards the bottom.
--Select each DLC that you want to install, and GOG Galaxy will do the rest. If you want to remove the DLC from your game, simply uncheck the selection box.

B) If you're using the website:

You can download installers for each DLC pack manually. Simply head to the Library section of My Account, locate The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and download the files you want. Afterwards, run each one as if you were installing a game or patch.
THANKS THANK YOU THANKS THANKS and THANKS!!!

This is awesome, this is unreal, this is magnificent, outstanding, woah! I don't know what exactly you did, but now the game runs faster and smoother on my pc! It lagged before! Can i kiss you and hug you, CDPR members who worked on it?

Now, the final DLCs. Please let one be a Ciri romance, or at least sex scene? Pretty please, with sugar on top??
Just going throught the Quest 'Tower Out of ?Nowheres'

Got the book that ensures the tower is DRM-free! ;) Nice one CDP!
jamotide: What is this talk about 7GB? I only see 1MB and 2GB downloads for 1.07
The patch is not so big, it however needs more than 7GB of free space on your hard drive in order to be able to install it. My guess is that some files which were compressed before will now be uncompressed so the game takes more space at the hard drive, but it will achieve better performance.
Post edited July 19, 2015 by MichiGen
Since the patch, constant crashing to desktop... every three minutes or so, in cutscenes and during normal gameplay. Im at Bald Mountain, so close to finishing the game after 100+ hours but the CTD's are getting worse. Before the patch I would get 1 or 2 CTD's per hour of gameplay which is bareable but now... I just want the game to end so It's finished.
AgentZero: I am getting graphical glitches and framerate drops after this patch. Please fix!
I got also framerate issues... I had to fix at 30 fps to get a smoother and more stable performance.
Encountering a mighty strange glitch when starting the game after 1.07 was installed: Attached error MatchesCountError 0 != 1 H‰\$ is displayed and game is prevented from loading on occasion (or 100% of the time if OK is clicked) Crash dump is generated in this latter case. Game CAN load if you don't do anything to the error.
Avoidable, but mighty ugly, folks. Let me know what more details I can provide for debugging.
Win 7 x64, Witcher 1.07, i5 2500k / Asus 970 GTX
Ranger1488: Since the patch, constant crashing to desktop... every three minutes or so, in cutscenes and during normal gameplay. Im at Bald Mountain, so close to finishing the game after 100+ hours but the CTD's are getting worse. Before the patch I would get 1 or 2 CTD's per hour of gameplay which is bareable but now... I just want the game to end so It's finished.
Ranger, going out on a limb here, but hopefull this might help you: I'm running a 970 Strix from Asus, and if I leave the card on its default cooling settings I get crashes to desktop far too frequently to maintain sanity. Fix the fans to ~50% before going in (or higher depending on your ambient temperature) and you might have a better experience ( works for me, hours on end of uninterrupted gameplay), though you may have a different problem
Attachments:
error.png (32 Kb)
Post edited July 19, 2015 by Satanclaus
The DLC is still missing on Steam.
GOG, thank you for the sorting options and making the alchemy components weightless.

It has already been mention before in this thread, but can Ciri please get some *proper* armour? The kind that does not let the vulnerable parts exposed?
Assassin:
Hmm, where would I hit this girl? Ah, yes what silly armour. Let's point my hardened arrow sideways at the sternum, so it penetrates it and lands straight into her heart.
Or I might target the neck with a broadhead arrow. Cuts right through both her windpipe and jugular arteries. Let's see her recover from that.
Her belly is nicely exposed as well. It's a pity that poisons don't work that well against Witchers, but a barbed bodgkin arrow will easily penetrate that thin sliver of leather down there. Hey I might even get lucky and land it below the leather, or straight in the middle where there is no armour at all? Tsk, tsk, what were you thinking about when you made this silly piece armourer? thinking with another part of your body rather than your head, eh?
Oh, well, makes it much easier for me. So many choices...

You get my point, right?
Post edited July 19, 2015 by jorlin
radikell: Hey guys!

Just thought i'll bring this to your notice.
But, the final sequence of 'Skellige's Most Wanted' DLC quest is bugged.

Seems to me like an animation glitch, and the fight continues, although health bar is at '0'

Do let me know, if you have encountered this as well.

Platform:PC, GTX 750 Ti , i7-2600, 6GB RAM.

Version: 1.07
That quest is bugged, in fact I had several problems to kill who I need to kill because the cutscene won't start.
I solved this way: run all the way where your target is, avoiding any fights during the road. Than HERE, near your target, kill all enemies. Can be tricky on Death March, but by doing so the cutscene should start.

EDIT: Lol, I confused this with Redania Most Wanted :D
Post edited July 19, 2015 by ThePunishedSnake
rs5001: Anyone else having problems with inventory weight?

My inventory weight increased from ~160 to 185 after the patch, despite hundreds of items now weighing zero.
You can sort now items in inventory by weight cost ect. That is very usefull. I didn't realize books (in game) weight so mutch. One book is 0.26 an I had 70 copies unnecessary books. Repair tools are very heavy too.

For you who have fps drops - remember that patch change settings - so you must check if this not increase your settings.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Now, the final DLCs. Please let one be a Ciri romance, or at least sex scene? Pretty please, with sugar on top??
I really hope you're joking... if you read the books or played the game for more than 50 hours or so, you should most definitely know by now how disgusting and wrong that would be. Unless stepfather sex is your kind of thing, in which case... eww. :P

jorlin: Her belly is nicely exposed as well. It's a pity that poisons don't work well against Witchers, but a barbed bodgkin arrow will easily penetrate that thin sliver of leather down there. Hey I might even get lucky and land it below the leather, or straight in the middle where there is no armour at all?
Although I agree completely with you about some of the armour designs for women in these games, I do have to point out that Ciri received only witcher training and never underwent the mutations.
Post edited July 19, 2015 by Bamul
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Now, the final DLCs. Please let one be a Ciri romance, or at least sex scene? Pretty please, with sugar on top??
Bamul: I really hope you're joking... if you read the books or played the game for more than 50 hours or so, you should most definitely know by now how disgusting and wrong that would be. Unless stepfather sex is your kind of thing, in which case... eww. :P

jorlin: Her belly is nicely exposed as well. It's a pity that poisons don't work well against Witchers, but a barbed bodgkin arrow will easily penetrate that thin sliver of leather down there. Hey I might even get lucky and land it below the leather, or straight in the middle where there is no armour at all?
Bamul: Although I agree completely with you about some of the armour designs for women in these games, I do have to point out that Ciri received only witcher training and never underwent the mutations.
True, but if she carries two swords like Geralt she might be mistaken for one. Mind you, I haven't played the game yet. I can't afford to upgrade my PC (which dates back to 2007) right now. I'm only going by the books and the updates posted on the game here. Also, the fact that she is a Source and a rather powerful one at that makes her a likely target for assassination.
Post edited July 19, 2015 by jorlin
This patch (1.07) disables pad button layaut mods. No more Dark Souls controller buton layout. It's tragic because orginal controls are not insufficient to play. Please somebody fix it.
Post edited July 19, 2015 by Piotr_parowy
Konrad: Hey guys!

Right now, Patch 1.07 & Ciri DLC are just available for download through your library on the website, the GOG Galaxy Client versions should be live a bit later on.
Thanks for all the hard work... but seriously, stop working in the weekends even if the world comes crashing down ;). I hope you'll get this Monday off at least.
WinterSnowfall: but seriously, stop working in the weekends even if the world comes crashing down ;). I hope you'll get this Monday off at least.
And people somehow tie us with the label "lazy". Last summer i worked weekends normally, even Sunday, entombed in a faqing kitchen too (50+ degrees temperature) and i didn't have mondays off. And boss instead of praise would yell, nag and call names for "raising the spirit", as he said. You 're going softy, son!