It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: ...
HijacK: Pls. It was genius and you're just jelly.
This is completely absurd. If you had said I was peanut butter, I probably wouldn't have objected. But jelly? No.

Bookwyrm627: Hijack: "Girls, girls, girls, parties, I wanna hammer, girls, girls..."
HijacK: I don't know. The one comma before the last seems unnecessary. :P
Touché.

HijacK: Thank you!
You're welcome.

Bookwyrm627: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/84KuWgrxnypr
Mchack slipped it into one of his posts, incognito style.
HijacK: I just realized this is the scum chat and not the observer thread. :/ >.>
Derp, my bad. http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/T9uxSP7MDWFK6
Aaaand I see that Flub just beat me to it.
Bookwyrm627: Hijack: "Girls, girls, girls, parties, I wanna hammer, girls, girls..."
Ixam: "Oo, a lynch wagon! Oo, a lynch wagon! Oo, a lynch wagon!"

No offense meant, guys. ;)
*pops up head* Did someone say lynch wa... oh... nevermind *crawls back into hole*

No but really I have nothing new at the moment. Normally I'd be all over you for role fishing but in this case it's actually the discussion I want to see.

I've pretty much been operating on the assumption yogs was full of it and didn't have a role - he was merely generating discussion (worked!) while also presenting himself as a viable lynch and tempting night kill.
Ixamyakxim: I've pretty much been operating on the assumption yogs was full of it and didn't have a role - he was merely generating discussion (worked!) while also presenting himself as a viable lynch and tempting night kill.
So if he is presenting himself as a viable lynch do you believe he is town?
As looking to be lynched is not something scum usually do (I know, WIFOM, but if Ix believes the aim of yogs post was to become a target for lynch then that's really not scummy behaviour)
If that's the case, are you voting for him because you think he is town but wants to be lynched?

Or am I just misunderstanding you?
adaliabooks: So if he is presenting himself as a viable lynch do you believe he is town? ...

Or am I just misunderstanding you?
I think it's probably more likely than not that he's town, yes. I think he's playing like a good vanilla townie and presenting himself as a target while generating discussion. I think I tried to do a similar thing last game. So why is Ixamyakxim voting for someone more likely than not town? Here's my confession...

1) I hate Day One - I think it's best to treat it like a bandaid - it's going to sting a little but just rip the thing off and get it over with

2) We're not going to lynch scum. And if we do, it won't be because we analyzed and detected, it'll be plain old dumb luck.

3) The best we can hope for more often than not is not to lynch a power role. So when someone is screaming to be lynched with an out of the blue soft claim on Day One, I'm happy to oblige them. Especially in light of last game, where we also had a large game with a lot of people not voting - I know Monday seems a long way a way but I do not want to start another game off with a no lynch.

And let's say on the off chance, yogsloth IS actually scum. If we don't lynch him now, we're going to have a huge blind spot toward him for at least a few days. And when he DOES finally claim his "role" it's going to be at the worst time for us, probably just as we're about to lynch a scum.
My poor aged system is giving me grief, it hangs on a black screen right after passing the post screen before deciding to finally boot after some random number of attempts; took me ages to get it to boot today. Trying to troubleshoot what's wrong, and fix it, if possible. Hopefully it won't die on me, as I don't have a viable alternative (cell phone is dumb, laptop given to my brother), and no budget to spend due to other pressing matters.

So, before anything worse happens:

agentcarr16: Technically, the rules never say that unvotes are required. Therefore, I'm operating on the assumption that unvotes are
unnecessary.
@mod
I'd like some clarification here, please. Is unvoting required before voting someone/something else?

Krypsyn: I gave reasons. They involved a dollhouse.
Well, at least you don't deny that you have no intention to enlighten the rest of us that don't get your reasons.

So let me rephrase my question - do you expect people to follow you in your votes when you give no reasons, or when you give reasons that they don't understand and you don't (care to) explain?

trentonlf: [...] Yes I harp on this every game and I will continue to do so [...]

To be honest other than talking and asking questions I would not have any other ideas to move day 1 along. [...]
The thing is that you don't seem to do much else than harp on that. You say "talking and asking questions", something I don't recall you ever initiating, or even particularly partaking in, to make D1 suck less.

Would you mind starting a good conversation? Just to demonstrate what a good one is from your POV, because I still don't see it.

trentonlf: So I see Leonard, cristi, and Hyper are not included in the vote analysis, does this mean they can't vote ;-)
I assume it means there's a good reason he's only the Reverse Moderator. ;-P

Leonard03: [...]

As for the "heh" that's beginning to get annoying >_>
Pretty sure that's intentional.

Bookwyrm627: [...] I knew I'd be doing the work for scum too, but if a townie doesn't do the foot work, then town isn't likely to get any results from it. I've already spoken about how scum might well have done it anyway. [...]
I've had a similar discussion on this with, IIRC, adaliabooks in a previous game. People seem to assume that scum are not intelligent enough to do some thinking and put two and two together, and that they just sit waiting for town to do their work for them.
Interestingly enough, he was all over me back then for "opening scum's' eyes", while he's more than OK with what you did here.

HijacK: [...] For some reason RVS just doesn't appeal to me. Like at all. It's one of those things that bores me. [...] Yeah, about that.... RVS has a way of just killing my mojo entirely and making me not really give a damn. [...]
For someone that gets bored with RVS, and doesn't partake in it while it's happening, you seem awfully compelled to address (almost all) posts from back then with a two days delay...

Leonard03: Watching and waiting.

[...]
Sounds like a plan, let's all do this.
HypersomniacLive: @mod
I'd like some clarification here, please. Is unvoting required before voting someone/something else?
Actually yes. I may have missed a missing unvote, but basically you should unvote before casting another vote. Like in the example in paragraph 6. If you don't remember who you voted for, I'll accept an unspecific unvote before your new vote too. Like this:

unvote
vote Sideshow Bob
HypersomniacLive: I've had a similar discussion on this with, IIRC, adaliabooks in a previous game. People seem to assume that scum are not intelligent enough to do some thinking and put two and two together, and that they just sit waiting for town to do their work for them.
Interestingly enough, he was all over me back then for "opening scum's' eyes", while he's more than OK with what you did here.
I do remember that. Struggling to recall which game it was.. possibly CSPVGs?

Anyway, as I recall what you had done was point out players who might have possible power roles for various reasons. Which I said drew attention to this fact and meant if you were correct those people became targets for scum and we could lose power roles.
Here yogs has already stated he has a role, and the parameters that role falls within. Scum are hardly going to miss that fact (as they might miss a breadcrumb or soft claim) so I don't see that elaborating on it as Bookwyrm has does any real harm.

If I remember correctly, the three players you named as having possible power roles were the night kills the next three nights (or two of them were). Whether that was a coincidence or scum thought you might have been on to something I don't know, but there are certain things that drawing attention to too soon can be bad for town. Yogs claim and the details of it I don't think are such a thing as yogs has brought attention to it himself.

I certainly don't expect scum to be stupid, but I also don't think we should hand them info on a plate.
Take RWarehall's game for example. What if instead of subtly hinting he got what yogs was talking about he had said "Oh, I think yogs has a role but it's restricted, because I have one too" it might have been an entirely different game.

Also; hope you can get your computer troubles sorted... I'm no expert but it sounds a bit like what happened with my laptop when the hard drive was corrupted (or damaged). Have you tried running CHKDSK? I think that's the one anyway...
HypersomniacLive: My poor aged system is giving me grief, it hangs on a black screen right after passing the post screen before deciding to finally boot after some random number of attempts; took me ages to get it to boot today. Trying to troubleshoot what's wrong, and fix it, if possible. Hopefully it won't die on me, as I don't have a viable alternative (cell phone is dumb, laptop given to my brother), and no budget to spend due to other pressing matters.

So, before anything worse happens:

agentcarr16: Technically, the rules never say that unvotes are required. Therefore, I'm operating on the assumption that unvotes are
unnecessary.
HypersomniacLive: @mod

Krypsyn: I gave reasons. They involved a dollhouse.
HypersomniacLive: Well, at least you don't deny that you have no intention to enlighten the rest of us that don't get your reasons.

So let me rephrase my question - do you expect people to follow you in your votes when you give no reasons, or when you give reasons that they don't understand and you don't (care to) explain?

trentonlf: [...] Yes I harp on this every game and I will continue to do so [...]

To be honest other than talking and asking questions I would not have any other ideas to move day 1 along. [...]
HypersomniacLive: The thing is that you don't seem to do much else than harp on that. You say "talking and asking questions", something I don't recall you ever initiating, or even particularly partaking in, to make D1 suck less.

Would you mind starting a good conversation? Just to demonstrate what a good one is from your POV, because I still don't see it.

trentonlf: So I see Leonard, cristi, and Hyper are not included in the vote analysis, does this mean they can't vote ;-)
HypersomniacLive: I assume it means there's a good reason he's only the Reverse Moderator. ;-P

Leonard03: [...]

As for the "heh" that's beginning to get annoying >_>
HypersomniacLive: Pretty sure that's intentional.

Bookwyrm627: [...] I knew I'd be doing the work for scum too, but if a townie doesn't do the foot work, then town isn't likely to get any results from it. I've already spoken about how scum might well have done it anyway. [...]
HypersomniacLive: I've had a similar discussion on this with, IIRC, adaliabooks in a previous game. People seem to assume that scum are not intelligent enough to do some thinking and put two and two together, and that they just sit waiting for town to do their work for them.

HijacK: [...] For some reason RVS just doesn't appeal to me. Like at all. It's one of those things that bores me. [...] Yeah, about that.... RVS has a way of just killing my mojo entirely and making me not really give a damn. [...]
HypersomniacLive: For someone that gets bored with RVS, and doesn't partake in it while it's happening, you seem awfully compelled to address (almost all) posts from back then with a two days delay...

Leonard03: Watching and waiting.

[...]
HypersomniacLive: Sounds like a plan, let's all do this.
I have no idea why everyone thinks I should have this grand plan to move day 1 along. I simply don't. It's day 1 and it sucks, there's no info to go on and all we can hope for is scum slips up and we catch them. Nothing has happened yet except for Quad being killed and us being gathered to figure it out. I have no answer as to what is best to do day 1 to move it along, all I know is talking roles or PM info is not a good idea because all it does is help scum more than town.

So anyone want to fess up to killing Quad? Come on, raise your hands it's ok. I'm sure this will work....

Day 1 is the worst part of the game, I can't fix that. If people want to try and break another game by talking about who has roles and PMs go right ahead I've said my peace on it, but I will not take part in it.
trentonlf: I have no idea why everyone thinks I should have this grand plan to move day 1 along. I simply don't. It's day 1 and it sucks, there's no info to go on and all we can hope for is scum slips up and we catch them. Nothing has happened yet except for Quad being killed and us being gathered to figure it out. I have no answer as to what is best to do day 1 to move it along, all I know is talking roles or PM info is not a good idea because all it does is help scum more than town.

So anyone want to fess up to killing Quad? Come on, raise your hands it's ok. I'm sure this will work....

Day 1 is the worst part of the game, I can't fix that. If people want to try and break another game by talking about who has roles and PMs go right ahead I've said my peace on it, but I will not take part in it.
There is always another way...

*rattles some dice and whistles innocently*

:P
trentonlf: I have no idea why everyone thinks I should have this grand plan to move day 1 along. I simply don't. It's day 1 and it sucks, there's no info to go on and all we can hope for is scum slips up and we catch them. Nothing has happened yet except for Quad being killed and us being gathered to figure it out. I have no answer as to what is best to do day 1 to move it along, all I know is talking roles or PM info is not a good idea because all it does is help scum more than town.

adaliabooks: There is always another way...

LOL, well day 1 is a crap shoot so I guess rolling the dice would work :-)
As promised, here’s a comb through of the OP, to see what can be gleaned. Most of the OP is pretty boiler plate, and therefore not of analytical interest.

-Due to the time frame of sign-ups to game start, I think it is reasonable to assume there is no Night 0.
-25% of 16 = 4. Probably looking at 3-5 mafia, with the favorite being 4. Alternatively, it might be 3 + SK or something. With 16 players, I wouldn’t be surprised if a neutral or two showed up as well.
-I don’t see much in the flavor paragraphs of the OP.
Lifthrasil: 7. When you are dead, you are dead - stop posting. A single "bah!” post is permitted and encouraged right after your death. Your death notification will include a link to the “Dead Thread” (i.e. the observation lounge) where you may continue to spectate and postulate in a relatively spoiler free environment.
Rule 7 implies there is no resurrection mechanism. Such a mechanism is unusual, and it doesn’t really fit the apparent flavor anyway, so this doesn’t seem like a stretch to me.
Lifthrasil: 11. All players should post at least once every second day. If you expect to be away for two days or more, please let me know either through PM or in the game thread. Failure to do this will result in me sending you a warning, which will make you more killable. If that doesn't cause a reaction in another 2 days, you will be replaced or modkilled.
I’ve bolded the part that stands out to me. I'm wondering how this will manifest in-game.

-----

Thread commentary:

Ixamyakxim: *pops up head* Did someone say lynch wa... oh... nevermind *crawls back into hole*

No but really I have nothing new at the moment. Normally I'd be all over you for role fishing but in this case it's actually the discussion I want to see.

I've pretty much been operating on the assumption yogs was full of it and didn't have a role - he was merely generating discussion (worked!) while also presenting himself as a viable lynch and tempting night kill.
+1 for the joke. :)
Game-wise, the portion I have bolded stood out to me; there is some implication that you want to see role fishing this time.

Ixamyakxim: I think he's playing like a good vanilla townie
You repeat that you think he is vanilla/roleless. How can he legitly claim Vanilla without having lied previously? I acknowledge that perhaps I missed where scum false claimed vanilla in a previous game, and I will happily add Vanilla to my mental list of options AFTER confirmation. If someone is pushing him as vanilla when he seems to have claimed otherwise, then it makes my scumdar tingle.
Please note: I’m more interested here in why Ixam would push the idea that Yog is vanilla, than I am interested in whether Yog actually IS vanilla. JMich also indicated Yog might be vanilla.
adaliabooks: There is always another way...

trentonlf: LOL, well day 1 is a crap shoot so I guess rolling the dice would work :-)
Oh, it could be worse... *shudders at the thought of the game where we all mechanically voted for the person nominated by the last person we lynched*

I still have nightmares.
trentonlf: LOL, well day 1 is a crap shoot so I guess rolling the dice would work :-)
Ixamyakxim: Oh, it could be worse... *shudders at the thought of the game where we all mechanically voted for the person nominated by the last person we lynched*

I still have nightmares.
I guess that would save people from having to think LOL
Bookwyrm627:
I don't mean I want to see role fishing generally in this game - I meant in the specific case of yog I'd like to know if I'm missing a legit scenario where he actually has a role.

Because like I said, I'd been operating on the assumption he doesn't. Everything about the lead up to it (the funny post where he fake claims like three or four roles, the out of the blue soft claim) *seemed* (to me) like it was geared more toward breaking RVS and generating discussion. And the way he did it painted a huge target on him, so I'm guessing if he's town he's more likely vanilla townie than a townie with an actual role.

There was a brief time when I suggested I might unvote him if I thought he had a legit role (it was said he was breadcrumbing doctor) but then I saw the ridiculous (funny!) post and realized no way was he actually doctor.
Bookwyrm627: ........<snip>...........
Please note: I’m more interested here in why Ixam would push the idea that Yog is vanilla, than I am interested in whether Yog actually IS vanilla.
........<snip>...........
This I find interesting.

I applaud your interest in Ixamyakxim's motives and verbiage.

Your lesser interest in yogsloth's vanilla-ness is due to............because of the reason??