It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You take a sip from your trusty Vault 13 canteen…

Rich open-world gameplay, the most cult post-apocalyptic setting within a retro-futuristic world, deep narrative, dark and satirical humor, excellent characters and of course unforgettable soundtrack. The Fallout franchise needs no introduction, when it first emerged from its shelter more than quarter of a decade ago, it made an undeniable impact on the history of RPG games. And it continued to do so with every new entry in the series!

As gaming enthusiasts, sharing our love for such an incredible series feels like our (most pleasant) responsibility. That’s why all of the Fallout entries that are available on GOG will be discounted up to -75% until January 30th, 11 PM UTC!

Here’s what’s in store:

Fallout (75% off)
Fallout 2 (75% off)
Fallout 3: Game Of The Year Edition (67% off)
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (75% off)
Fallout Tactics (70% off)

It’s the perfect time to revisit our favorite ruins of civilization filled with its various mutated monstrosities and unique factions.
Guter: What's the difference between these versions and the "classic" versions (which I own)? Thanks!
Bethesda Softworks LLC (I believe)

Edit: to be more clear - the old (classic) versions were published by Interplay...but Bethesda bought the rights to these games and re-released them under their name.
Post edited January 26, 2023 by BreOl72
Guter: What's the difference between these versions and the "classic" versions (which I own)? Thanks!
The Classic versions were released by Interplay (before Bethesda acquired the Fallout IP) while these once are released by Bethesda.

The Classic versions do have more extras compared to these new versions.
I think Fallout 4 is old enough to be here
A question for the knowing. Does the story in Fallout 3 link with that of Fallout 2?
Carradice: A question for the knowing. Does the story in Fallout 3 link with that of Fallout 2?
No, is possible to find some references like Harold, but Fallout 3 not only happens decades after Fallout 2 but also is in another region (Washington instead of California),
Carradice: A question for the knowing. Does the story in Fallout 3 link with that of Fallout 2?
Not even set in the same universe, really. They took elements from Fallout 1 & 2 and made their own game and universe out of it. It's their franchise now, though, so they can do whatever they want with it. It's not like Interplay had any better plans for it (see their console game, for example). Plenty of fans of the new stuff. Only took until the 2nd post of this thread for "Fallout 4 when?". I hope it comes soon as well, so at least there won't be any more "Fallout 4 when?" posts. Probably to be replaced by "Fallout 76 when?" posts, I guess.
Weird that Fallout 3 is arbitrarily more expensive than New Vegas. I can only make some assumptions.

Canonically, it reintroduces the old factions in a new setting. Thematically, no. It's basically what happens when a half-remembered IP is worked on by completely different people with completely different design philosophies with completely different goals. New Vegas on the other hand is more or less a proper sequel and rounds out a trilogy with the first two. I'm sure you can find loads of bitching about the franchise in that spirit, some probably hoping the guy who ran Twitter into the ground to buy it up.
GOG.com: The Fallout franchise needs no introduction, when it first emerged from its shelter more than quarter of a decade ago
The series is only 2.5 years old?! ^_^
GOG.com: The Fallout franchise needs no introduction, when it first emerged from its shelter more than quarter of a decade ago
guppy44: The series is only 2.5 years old?! ^_^
Ah GOG has time-dyslexia, this explains a lot now.