It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Hello traveler, welcome to present day! Stay a while and listen to the awesome soundtrack now available in <span class="bold">Evoland 2 Deluxe Edition</span>, along with the game's artbook. And if you've already purchased the game in the not-so-distant past, please try not to disturb the continuum and go for the handy <span class="bold">Evoland 2 Deluxe Edition Upgrade</span>. To celebrate the occasion, all editions are on a 60% discount which will last until February 10, 1:59 PM GMT.

Remember those 101-in-1 multicarts?

<span class="bold">Evoland 2</span>, a heavy case of all-around video-game history, is available now on Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com!

The original Evoland was the byproduct of one of those ridiculous game-jams, where talented developers come together to show off their craft under the pressure of time, audience, and crippling hunger. It took gamers on a ride through the history of action-RPGs, from the early days of Zelda, through awkwardly chunky 3D, and into the gloriously high-res modern day.
Evoland 2 is the, well, evolution of the original concept - bigger, more varied, and with all the genres included. It remains a classic RPG at heart, but as the game and story continues to morph, you'll travel through a massive mix of familiar tropes and gameplay mechanics including Guitar Hero, Metal Gear Solid, and even a little bit of Bejeweled. It's Multicart: The Game, and remains one of the most interest concepts in gaming to date.

Embark on an all-in-one adventure in <span class="bold">Evoland 2, A Slight Case of Spacetime Continuum Disorder</span> today, DRM-free on GOG.com
This is the kind of thing I'd always prefer to see included with the game, but I'll buy the upgrade anyway to support the dev. They've earned it. The game is a massive improvement on the first in every way, and I've thoroughly enjoyed my ~25 hours with it.
Another case where the DLC is regionally priced (with higher price points than the base price) while the base game isn't. How exactly does that make sense?

And how do you justify regional pricing for soundtracks anyway? I've bought a lot of albums (including some soundtracks) on Bandcamp in the past. Don't think I ever saw regional priced ones.
high rated
A message to devs/ pubs (not only of Evoland): Please consider taking some screenshots of the artbook for us to see what we' re paying for. Soundtracks are easy to preview, either by playing the game or listening them on YT. Artbooks on the other hand, is different; only saying how many pages are they, does not help to make an informed purchase. Thank you.

ps. Take a look at the gamepage of Lords of Xulima Deluxe Edition Upgrade to see what I mean.
Waaah Waaaah!

GOG should offer everything for free, even though the publisher charges for those items at other sites (including direct!).

It's not fair! It's not fair that GOG doesn't subsidize prices for me!
lostwolfe: i can't say i'm a fan of you releasing a "deluxe edition" that's essentially what should have been part of the game as "goodies" before.
tfishell: Honest question: would you have rather GOG not release the "Deluxe Edition" at all? Because it's bundled that way on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/76481/ - and I'm pretty sure GOG couldn't get any special treatment (free goodies). You should probably let the devs know.
if it was a big package with everything inside it, i would have bought it. this was a day one purchase for me when it launched. i'm not sure, but i believe i even waited the week so that the discount would go away so i could give the developers their asking price, because i really liked the first game and i wanted to support them with their second game.

parceling the bits out like this just feels bad. you can't - for example - go into a store and get /just/ the book and soundtrack. you buy the whole package [even if that's a little more expensive.]

it also - though this has been happening on gog for a while - breaks one of the reasons gog was sort of special in a way, because they would include extras like this in the package you bought [not that they've been doing a whole lot of that lately.]

i will certainly send the developers [shiro games] my thoughts on the matter. i loved their game. i want more people to find out about it. but it feels...awkward if they separate bits out like this.

ps: also, sorry. i didn't really answer your question. the answer is:

what i would have wanted was for gog to release the "full version" of the game. [it should have been that way on steam, too.] ie: game + soundtrack + artbook all in one big package with no distinction between "regular edition" and "deluxe edition."

and to the guy above me going OH MY GOD YOU WANT IT FOR FREE! no. not really. i generally accept that if i'm buying a "deluxe edition" i'm paying more for - generally - the cost of a book and music on a cd when i walk into a store.

i'm just not a fan of "parceling out" like this. it's one of the reasons why i bought book of unwritten tales in-store. it had all the bits. [and why, when i can and they exist, i buy drm-free versions of "deluxe editions" that come out on store shelves. like limbo and so on.]
Post edited January 27, 2016 by lostwolfe
CharlesGrey: I quote: "Some of the content in Evoland 2 that families will want to be aware of is demons, bad language, violence, alcohol reference, helping demons, sexual innuendo, easy to get stuck, and it teaches the belief in global warming. Evoland 2 also promotes the controversial and highly divisive religious belief of evolution. Evoland 2 could have easily been made more family friendly. The lowest difficulty setting can still be difficult for casual gamers."
Let me guess, familyfriendlygaming.com is a [url=http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evangelical_Christian]Evangelical Christian "review" site? Probably as even-handed, objective and unbiased as Fox News or Chick Publications...
CharlesGrey: I quote: "Some of the content in Evoland 2 that families will want to be aware of is demons, bad language, violence, alcohol reference, helping demons, sexual innuendo, easy to get stuck, and it teaches the belief in global warming. Evoland 2 also promotes the controversial and highly divisive religious belief of evolution. Evoland 2 could have easily been made more family friendly. The lowest difficulty setting can still be difficult for casual gamers."
ValamirCleaver: Let me guess, familyfriendlygaming.com is a [url=http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evangelical_Christian]Evangelical Christian "review" site? Probably as even-handed, objective and unbiased as Fox News or Chick Publications...
Well, considering the other game I'm playing at the moment has a lot of sexual themes, as well as people being murdered and hung out on public display...

I do like to see all sides of a review, and Christian sites are great for getting offended over everything, so they'll definitely mention anything I would want to hold off on for younger kids.

I wonder what that site says about my kid's current obsession, Pokemon? XD

/me looks it up.

Heh, as expected, that darn evolution! Oh, and skimpy outfits? I never noticed that one. The fighting seems more real? I could feel the pain of the Pokemon which freaked me out. Sheesh! These people are on crack!
lostwolfe: it also - though this has been happening on gog for a while - breaks one of the reasons gog was sort of special in a way, because they would include extras like this in the package you bought [not that they've been doing a whole lot of that lately.]
Well, you have to consider how much pressure Gog can apply on the publishers who ultimately can say whether an extra will be included. Legally it's their property - GOG can't add it willy-nilly. And while I agree that Gog used to release troves of extras it happened mostly to old games. (Their concept art for example would have been out for years, so there was no point in not bundling it with the game. As Gog started to release more newer over old games these extras obviously became rarer.)
The trend in the market is to charge for the extra stuff. Much as they try Gog simply is not powerful enough to change it alone. So newer games either come out bare naked, or with separated extras, or not at all.

lostwolfe: what i would have wanted was for gog to release the "full version" of the game. [it should have been that way on steam, too.] ie: game + soundtrack + artbook all in one big package with no distinction between "regular edition" and "deluxe edition."

and to the guy above me going OH MY GOD YOU WANT IT FOR FREE! no. not really. i generally accept that if i'm buying a "deluxe edition" i'm paying more for - generally - the cost of a book and music on a cd when i walk into a store.

i'm just not a fan of "parceling out" like this. it's one of the reasons why i bought book of unwritten tales in-store. it had all the bits. [and why, when i can and they exist, i buy drm-free versions of "deluxe editions" that come out on store shelves. like limbo and so on.]
Ok, I get that you don't mind paying extra to get a full package. But don't you think that is unfair to people who simply don't care for an artbook/soundtrack, or even worse, for people tight on money who can barely afford the game by itself? Should they be forced to pay extra just so you feel comfortable?

In my view there's nothing wrong with the devs releasing vanilla and deluxe versions. It's just giving us the customers the task of choosing what to do with our money. Sorry to say but your view seems arrogant and too centered on your tastes with little care about what other customers might want.

You could argue, however, that for those who want what you want the game devs should release both versions at the same time and you wouldn't need to buy an upgrade later. That would be a more reasonable point. Even then, most of the time it is not really that simple on the dev's side.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by joppo
I wish GOG would copy+paste the reviews to the deluxe edition too. I mean, sure it's nice to give us the option which version to buy, but it's quite annoying if I want to read a review by fellow gog people that I have to look through 3 or more different game cards (i'm looking at you Pillars of Eternity) to find reviews.

I think GOG should fix that. :\

And yes I'm also saying this because my review on Evoland 2 is now only there on the regular edition which is the same game. What do I do then, copy paste my review again on the deluxe edition?
Senteria: I wish GOG would copy+paste the reviews to the deluxe edition too. I mean, sure it's nice to give us the option which version to buy, but it's quite annoying if I want to read a review by fellow gog people that I have to look through 3 or more different game cards (i'm looking at you Pillars of Eternity) to find reviews.

I think GOG should fix that. :\

And yes I'm also saying this because my review on Evoland 2 is now only there on the regular edition which is the same game. What do I do then, copy paste my review again on the deluxe edition?
To be honest, I find it annoying when people duplicate their standard edition reviews into the deluxe edition. I'm intelligent enough to work out that looking at the standard edition card will give me a review of the game - when I look at the deluxe edition card, I want to find out what people thought of the *deluxe edition*. Is the extra content worth it? Does it add to the game? If the deluxe edition card gets cluttered up with people reviewing only the content that's in the standard version, then it becomes very difficult to find out what people thought of the relevant part - the stuff unique to this version.

And *everyone* finds Pillars Of Eternity painful from a review-perspective. People like you, who want to see all the reviews in one place. People like me, who want to see reviews specific to the individual edition. But that's mostly because the makers went confusingly edition-happy. Thankfully it's a rare case.
ValamirCleaver: Let me guess, familyfriendlygaming.com is a [url=http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evangelical_Christian]Evangelical Christian "review" site? Probably as even-handed, objective and unbiased as Fox News or Chick Publications...
As "even-handed", "objective", and "unbiased" as CNN, Time, Newsweek,, The Huffington Post...