It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KrisViking: snip
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
awalterj: That's right! I see you spent some time at the local house of ill repute but I can't blame you, the whole town is in this constant dreary mist. (My theory is that the game engine couldn't handle a draw distance further than 2 feet from your face so they came up with a storyline where all that mist would fit)
KrisViking: Me? Not all. I was... eh... handing out leaflets. Yeah, that's what I was doing. I really like the amount of effort you put into it. I don't have the patience to do it for this little forum game and, to be honest, I don't think I have the skill to do it on the computer and with a mouse.
entombed?
Zacron: entombed?
Believe me, it's the Fate of Atlantis. Check out this screenshot ;)

And BTW did you mean PC version of entombed or C64? If the latter - I love this game :D (I don't know the former though)
Zacron: entombed?
Ghorpm: Believe me, it's the Fate of Atlantis. Check out this screenshot ;)

And BTW did you mean PC version of entombed or C64? If the latter - I love this game :D (I don't know the former though)
http://www.abandonia.com/games/472/download/Entombed.htm
Thats what i meant. :)
Ghorpm: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
That is 100% correct.
Ghorpm: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
That is 100% correct. I thought it might be a little easy, but I was struggling to think of a game and what to draw from the game that'd be at all recognizable.

Edit: Oops. Seems to have been a little problem with the posting.
Post edited February 16, 2014 by KrisViking
I photoshoped something together. It shouldn't be difficult
Attachments:
ps.jpg (156 Kb)
Hocus Pocus?
KrisViking: Hocus Pocus?
Nope. Both parts of my picture are equally important!
KrisViking: Hocus Pocus?
Ghorpm: Nope. Both parts of my picture are equally important!
Is it World of Warcraft and a reference to the Scarlet Monastery Graveyard boss Bloodmage Thalnos?
KrisViking: Is it World of Warcraft and a reference to the Scarlet Monastery Graveyard boss Bloodmage Thalnos?
No. I've never played WoW. The clue I'm giving is definitely more straightforward, not a reference to one small part of the game.
Ghorpm: I photoshoped something together. It shouldn't be difficult
Blood & Magic. This is one of those games I was curious about but never got a chance to play. The German magazines gave harsh reviews for this game and consequently no one I knew decided to get it. Warcraft 2 via LAN was still too hot for us to go and look for greener pastures. Is Blood & Magic any good, compared to Warcraft 2?

PS: If my guess is correct, I'll pass on this round to anyone who wants to draw something.
Ghorpm: I photoshoped something together. It shouldn't be difficult
awalterj: Blood & Magic. This is one of those games I was curious about but never got a chance to play. The German magazines gave harsh reviews for this game and consequently no one I knew decided to get it. Warcraft 2 via LAN was still too hot for us to go and look for greener pastures. Is Blood & Magic any good, compared to Warcraft 2?

PS: If my guess is correct, I'll pass on this round to anyone who wants to draw something.
That's correct! Actually, you don't miss much. I even nominated this game in So bad they're good - GOG wishlist bad game compilation thread. The idea is cool but the execution... terrible. And let me emphasize that I considered the game to be broken even back in 1996, it's not the case that it just aged badly (like Dune 2 for example which was perfectly playable back then) A shame, because it could have been a great game...
Oh... I don't think I have ever heard of this game before. Looked it up and the graphics have a similar look and feel to them as Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.
KrisViking: Oh... I don't think I have ever heard of this game before. Looked it up and the graphics have a similar look and feel to them as Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.
That's right but the gameplay is significantly different. To keep it short: in your hq you can produce golems. Golems, when stationary, change themselves into pyramids and start collecting mana. You have to explore the map and find location where you can build - you have to send 4 golems and transform them into building. Then you can send additional golems near the building and transform them into some other unit (depending on the type of the building). Each transformation costs some mana. Each unit has different abilities. Since you cannot build just anywhere your base is scattered and more difficult to defend. Your task? In most cases eliminate your opponent. Sounds great, doesn't it?

So what's wrong about it? Each golem can accumulate 10 mana and you have to MANUALLY click a button to transfer the mana to your deposit where you can use it. So whatever you do every 30-60 seconds you have to go back to your golems and order them to transfer mana. You have to do it one by one! What's even more silly is that if you wait long enough the golem will finally transfer the mana by himself. By instead of 10 he will just give you 2 or 3 mana points. That's beyond my comprehension: they did think about automated mana transfer and yet they implemented it in such a way that 80% of a gameplay consists of micromanaging your golems. Utterly ridiculous! Just to add an insult to the injury - it turns out that golems are way too strong. Many missions can be finished within 5 minutes: just send all of your starting golems to enemy base, wait until he starts transforming 4 of his golems into a building and attack. Congratulations, the victory is yours!
Sounds like what could've been an interesting game just fell apart due to awful mechanical decisions.