It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bridgekeeper:
I definitely think that any document linked to here should be about the games as they are on GOG, to offer sure information for those looking to get the games here. If you want to add anything else, it should be separate.
+1 to iamtiredof for testing that lot. There were several I was going to add but these are already included.

Bridgekeeper: I have put (hopefully) all the games in this forum in a spreadsheet file (Libre Office, ods) similiar to the one in the thread
Epic Store games you can play without the Epic Launcher.
I'm the person who created that Epic list and just to clarify, I used Google Sheets rather than LibreOffice then added a couple of other GOG forum regulars as co-authors. I don't normally use online collaboration but for community based lists, having more than one person contribute means such lists tend to get updated more regularly and less likely to be abandoned than putting the load on one person. A GMail account is needed to edit though is never made public (and it's possible to use a 'disposable one'). It's also possible to allow anyone to download the sheet offline as a DOCX / ODS / PDF format. As for your questions:-

Bridgekeeper: Are only games from GOG allowed?
- Are games allowed that exist on GOG, but are tested with another game store (Example: Stranger Things 3 exists on GOG and Epic Game Store and was tested with Epic Game Store).
- Are games allowed that don't exist on GOG (Example: Diablo 2: Resurrected)
- Game Title Sort Order: I would use alphabetically order A-Z and put titles with article prefixes "The" and "A" like "The Witcher 3" under T and not under W.
Personally, I would include non-GOG games as the thread is "Does this run on Windows 7?" not just "GOG games that run on W7". If you created one tab per store (GOG tab, Epic tab), etc, that would permit people to view only the stores they want to shop at whilst also allowing testing of multiple versions of the same game as there could be some conflicts, eg, perhaps an Epic Store game doesn't start due to Epic Game Services .dll being incompatible with W7 rather than the game itself and a different store may not suffer the same problem. We've already seen this here when GOG broke Fallout New Vegas ability to work on XP due to integrating Galaxy .dll's, whilst the Steam + retail disc version had no problem. I don't know of any W7 equivalent but if one arises then "one tab per store" would save a lot of work needing to reformat the spreadsheet in future to allow multiple entries per game. I agree with the sort order.
Post edited December 29, 2022 by AB2012
[REMOVED]
Post edited March 22, 2023 by iamtiredof
Hello people,
I thought this might be of interest.
Okay, I'm back from holidays and can go more into detail about my intentions for starting this thread:

1. - Are only games from GOG allowed? - Well, we are on Gog's forums, so I include only games that are available here. That keeps the lists short and the effort low.

2. - Are games allowed that exist on GOG, but are tested with another game store? - I always prefer to test Gog's installers, but often there is no information available. In these cases I take other sources into consideration.

3. - Are games allowed that don't exist on GOG? - I ignore them, but on the other hand I won't dictate others how to make their lists :)

4. - Game Title Sort Order? - The correct way is to put the article at the end, e.g. Witcher 3, The.

5. - Oddeus, he or she? - I'm a guy, so it's he :)

And the most important advice: Don't burn yourself out, guys! We are doing this for fun and to provide available info. If it starts to feel like a chore, take a step back. This is purely voluntarily.
OK, I just wanted to upload the file here, but only images are allowed and renaming the file extension does not work.
Is there a space where I can upload the file?

I have choosen Libre Office, ods file format for the spreadsheet file, but I can convert it to Excel or a csv (comma separated file) / tsv (tab separated file) file.

The game store is a separate column in the list, so the same game can be added more than once with a different game store.

Greetings
Bridgekeeper
Victoria 3 is supposed to run on win 7 (and prob win 8/8.1) with a file rename removal
Go into the game's folder, find a file called "dbghelp.dll". Delete or rename it. Run Vic3.exe or open the game from the launcher. The game runs flawlessly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows7/comments/ydh08z/victoria_3_fully_working_on_windows_7/
[REMOVED]
Post edited March 22, 2023 by iamtiredof
SteamWorld Build DEMO runs on Win 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), even tho the store page claims Win 10 and dx12.
high rated
Paper Cut Mansion runs fine on Windows 7.

JARS doesn't run on Windows 7.
DoomSooth: Finally got around to trying Cyberpunk 2077 1.61. Still runs in 7. I hope the add-on will but I'm not counting on it.
unfortunately, Cyberpunk 2077 1.61 DLSS update doesn't work on Windows 7 for now.

I can run 1.61 (second latest patch) from folder, not from GOG Galaxy
Wreckfest runs in 7.
DoomSooth: Wreckfest runs in 7.
Got my eye on this fun arcade race game! :) Just curious: are you confirming this, as in, you've tested the game yourself on W7 and it works? If so, does it run on W7 right out of the box, or would I need to implement some tweaks? Sorry for asking all these questions... I just want to make sure before I actually make a purchase, seeing that Wreckfest is currently on sale. ;)

Thx to everyone here for this very useful thread for W7 users such as myself. :D
DoomSooth: Wreckfest runs in 7.
matterbandit: Got my eye on this fun arcade race game! :) Just curious: are you confirming this, as in, you've tested the game yourself on W7 and it works? If so, does it run on W7 right out of the box, or would I need to implement some tweaks? Sorry for asking all these questions... I just want to make sure before I actually make a purchase, seeing that Wreckfest is currently on sale. ;)

Thx to everyone here for this very useful thread for W7 users such as myself. :D
Yes, I've played it in 7. I'm using 7, right now. If it doesn't run for you in 7, you might be missing some runtines or something. It's not *too* arcadish, though. If you're looking for nitrous and such, I haven't seen it yet.
Post edited March 13, 2023 by DoomSooth
DoomSooth: Yes, I've played it in 7. I'm using 7, right now. If it doesn't run for you in 7, you might be missing some runtines or something. It's not *too* arcadish, though. If you're looking for nitrous and such, I haven't seen it yet.
Thanks for replying so quickly! :D Much appreciated! And I'm happy to know that it does indeed run on W7. Gonna definitely buy it! I called it arcadish because to me it feels like Wreckfest is more focused on fun, crazy chaotic gameplay rather than it being a car racing simulator focused on realism. But, I agree with you: it isn't technically an arcadish game. :) Again, thank you for confirming.