It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

[REMOVED]
Post edited March 22, 2023 by iamtiredof
[REMOVED]
Wow! Now that's un impressive list right there!!

I'm honestly surprised about some of those...
Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is esentially the same as King of Dragon Pass. And requires ''only'' DirectX 9.0.
Escape from Naraka does not even list any system requirements... WTF?!

Anyway... well done!
The Feast works on Windows 7 SP1 x64 with GOG version 1.051_(60803)
Thank you for the tests, iamtiredof.
It's a pity that the incompatible list is growing tho (but inevitable).
Luckily, only very few games I want are affected so far.
iamtiredof: Preliminary draft results, more details (i.g. on what does run well) and adding newer games to be done in the future, please no hurry. <snip>

Working OK:
BLACKTAIL, 1.3, RC, B, Ship: Add "-dx11" to the shortcut before launching.
<snip>
Thank you for all the info, it is much appreciated. :) This answers 3 of my own searches.
It used to be only the newer or games still in dev, but I guess even the older working games should be considered as having a "Working - for now" designation. Thanks again.
Atlo: Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is esentially the same as King of Dragon Pass. And requires ''only'' DirectX 9.0.
Yeah, weird, but they do post that at the very top of the FAQ, and also mentioned it here. :/

But in itself I'd find the Atari collection more baffling, something targeting specifically retro gamers and nostalgia requiring new systems...

To some extent can say the same about Return to Monkey Island, Riddle of the Sphynx: The Awakening (Enhanced Edition), and Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse.

And Delores is a case of lazy or annoying dev, shouldn't have practical reasons to require 10+.

JARS, Sheltered 2 or Sword of the Necromancer don't look like they'd require modern things, but guess it's a matter of what's under the hood.

The real surprise is the enhanced Witcher 3, which even still lists Win 7 in requirements.
Cavalary: The real surprise is the enhanced Witcher 3, which even still lists Win 7 in requirements.
I stopped following the whole ''Witcher 3 next gen update'' a few days ago. So they did brake win7 compatability. :/
Probably, and unfortunately, they simply haven't even realized this yet.
[REMOVED]
iamtiredof: Do you folks know of this? Some games were working good, official, but later nuked everything up.
No Man's Sky: All above 4.0.3 is for Windows 10 now, not 7/8.1, the latest good is 3.99.1; Non-Vulkan users should use 1.77.
Been a while since I last took a peak here, but someone brought your posts to my attention and I wanted to say thanks for the comprehensive compilation! :) Great work!

If I may, just for additional info: as an avid No Man's Sky player, I can confirm that the game does indeed work on W7, but since version 4.0.3, all multiplayer aspects of the game have been disabled for W7 and W8.1 users. This means that for W7 users like me, I can no longer play with friends online, whether or not I use GOG Galaxy. No Man Sky has been reverted to a single player game for players using anything older than W10. See attached pic of the dialog box that appears every single time I launch the game.
Attachments:
Quake enhanced is working fine on Win7 but the addons functionality (Which downloads user-made campaigns that are available in sites like quaddicted) seems to not be compatible with Windows 7.

There's user-made servers that are compatible, though (Check this link, but as usual, be aware that these are not official servers and anything goes.
Finally got around to trying Cyberpunk 2077 1.61. Still runs in 7. I hope the add-on will but I'm not counting on it.
Although a lot of games can be played on Windows 7, but it is better to reinstall the OS. Realistically, just reinstall other system.
Wow, a lot of new info here. I'll update the lists sometime after the holidays.
Merry Christmas to all :)
Hello community,

since Oddeus is the thread starter he (or she?) needs to decide whether I should put the spreadsheet here or not.

I have put (hopefully) all the games in this forum in a spreadsheet file (Libre Office, ods) similiar to the one in the thread
Epic Store games you can play without the Epic Launcher .

The intention is that the community has a convenient and more clear list and can update the spreadsheet. I don't want to be the one in charge.

I see the following possibilities

- The spreadsheet is put on an external internet space (like Google Docs) that everyone can access and update it.
- The spreadsheet is put as an attachment in this thread by a volunteer and everyone that updates the spreadsheet will sent it to that volunteer .
- Other possibilities?

The following issues need to clarified:
- Are only games from GOG allowed?
- Are games allowed that exist on GOG, but are tested with another game store (Example: Stranger Things 3 exists on GOG and Epic Game Store and was tested with Epic Game Store).
- Are games allowed that don't exist on GOG (Example: Diablo 2: Resurrected)
- Game Title Sort Order: I would use alphabetically order A-Z and put titles with article prefixes "The" and "A" like "The Witcher 3" under T and not under W.

Greetings
Bridgekeeper
Post edited December 28, 2022 by Bridgekeeper