It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Piranjade: Let's hope the game comes to GOG:
https://twitter.com/Piranjade/status/631463258264875009
What a weak excuse. Get on the phone and make the deal. Altough i would be very surprised, not to say disapointed that with the first here, the second wouldnt be.
Navagon: I'm surprised they need Kickstarter after the continued success of the first one. All the same I won't be making the same mistake again - I'll be backing this one!
I won't make a mistake either. I won't be backing this one. Linux users are still waiting for the promised Linux version for the first one.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by hummer010
I really enjoyed the first one, which I backed. WIll back this for sure.
Reever: I only hope this won't backfire on them.
Why would it? They aren't the first developer to go back to KS with a new project (or even with an old project that needs more money)
I'll be backing this one too! I enjoyed D:OS immensely so it's a no-brainer that I'll support them. But, one question comes to my mind; who will write the music/ soundtrack?
low rated
Bad: More hypercolored cartoon art style with bad humor and even worse dialogue.
Good: More TB CRPGs!

I'll certainly back it on KS, but it sure it becoming apparent that Larian are one-trick ponies, when are they going to stop making Divinity games?
Post edited August 12, 2015 by Crosmando
Will this be merged with the other DO2 topic, or should people just post in both??

Either way, I love Larians games.
playerone81: Website (with sign-up and voting+suggestions for Kickstarter physical and digital goods)
http://divinityoriginalsin2.com/
... and the highest rated suggestion is an optional Adult mode with additional gore, nudity and profanity and people are already going into hysterics about it in the comments. I'm sure this will end well!

Meanwhile, the only mention regarding DRM-free is in regards to the physical copy and has 3 votes.
I think that fans of D:OS need to focus right now on making Larian promise to have a DRM-free full version of D:OS 2 (without anything missing). Goggers, don't take DRM-free for granted. Make it loud and clear, that's what you want.
Gonchi: Meanwhile, the only mention regarding DRM-free is in regards to the physical copy and has 3 votes.
Well considering their other stuff is DRM free it's safe to assume they won't slap DRM on new one now, especially since they go back through Kickstarter again. I suppose we'll see soon enough.

Kind of surprised tho, I thought they said they won't do another kickstarter. Likely going to back it.
TDP: I think that fans of D:OS need to focus right now on making Larian promise to have a DRM-free full version of D:OS 2 (without anything missing). Goggers, don't take DRM-free for granted. Make it loud and clear, that's what you want.
Good luck with that. As hummer010 pointed our earlier, they did promise a Linux version of the first game. Have you seen it? Yeah, me neither...
muntdefems: Good luck with that. As hummer010 pointed our earlier, they did promise a Linux version of the first game. Have you seen it? Yeah, me neither...
I'd be very reluctant to back a Larian project based on this. It's been 2 years since the campaign ended, and 1 year since the windows version was released, and they still haven't delivered on a product promised in the original campaign. 2 years. Linux users who backed the original campaign are still waiting for the product they paid for*. The fact that they are starting a campaign for the sequel before they've delivered on the promises from the first campaign is bullshit.

* Full Disclosure: I didn't back the original campaign. I did, however, trade for a kickstarter GOG code almost a year ago in anticipation of the Linux version.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by hummer010
I "heart" Larian, instabuy via KS for me.
tomimt: Why would it? They aren't the first developer to go back to KS with a new project (or even with an old project that needs more money)
Well, there are people around asking themselves why they can't do it from their own pockets, since they made quite a bit of a profit with D:OS. But lots of people liked the game, so I guess (and hope) the new KS campaign will be successful.
muntdefems: Good luck with that. As hummer010 pointed our earlier, they did promise a Linux version of the first game. Have you seen it? Yeah, me neither...
hummer010: I'd be very reluctant to back a Larian project based on this. It's been 2 years since the campaign ended, and 1 year since the windows version was released, and they still haven't delivered on a product promised in the original campaign. 2 years. Linux users who backed the original campaign are still waiting for the product they paid for*. The fact that they are starting a campaign for the sequel before they've delivered on the promises from the first campaign is bullshit.

* Full Disclosure: I didn't back the original campaign. I did, however, trade for a kickstarter GOG code almost a year ago in anticipation of the Linux version.
Indeed, I backed the first game, but there is no way in hell I'll back anything else from Larian without a working Linux demo