It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Official Announcement

Blog Post

Website (with sign-up and voting+suggestions for Kickstarter physical and digital goods)

Swen Vincke's Twitter

On returning to Kickstarter:
"We’re saving the announcement of all the features for when the Kickstarter campaign launches on August 26th, so I won’t discuss those just yet. Instead, I thought I’d talk a little bit about why we’re returning to crowdfunding, and what our hopes and aspirations are.

Divinity: Original Sin wouldn’t be the game it was without the input from our Kickstarter backers & Steam Early Access players. There were a lot of them and they pushed us forwards in directions we hadn’t anticipated when we started development. To this day, our entire team is incredibly grateful for this. Our community was a critical factor for the success of the game. Without having that same community on board, I think it’s going to be very hard for us to achieve the goals we have with Divinity: Original Sin 2, and so we’ll do our very best to convince them to back us once again. The result at the end will be so much better if they do."

Banner Art
http://larian.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Banner_20X128_A_Small.jpg
Post edited August 18, 2015 by playerone81
I'm surprised they need Kickstarter after the continued success of the first one. All the same I won't be making the same mistake again - I'll be backing this one!
Do they have to continue the "Original Sin" concept?

I have not played the game yet, so unless the game ended on some cliffhanger I see not reason to still call it "Original Sin"
Navagon: I'm surprised they need Kickstarter after the continued success of the first one. All the same I won't be making the same mistake again - I'll be backing this one!
didn't they have some quite substential loans they needed to pay off, as they got into debt with that failed Dragon game.
But anyway, inXile has also shown that getting part of the funding from KS is an entirely viable model of doing business (for an example inXile is going to put additional 1.25 million on the top of what they got from Ks to the new Bard's Tale game, not to mention the extra they've poured on both Wasteland 2 and propably even on Torment).
tomimt: didn't they have some quite substential loans they needed to pay off, as they got into debt with that failed Dragon game.
But anyway, inXile has also shown that getting part of the funding from KS is an entirely viable model of doing business (for an example inXile is going to put additional 1.25 million on the top of what they got from Ks to the new Bard's Tale game, not to mention the extra they've poured on both Wasteland 2 and propably even on Torment).
Inexile are a brilliant example in any context. But my guess would be at this point that any past debts have been paid off. Original Sin has dominated the charts in ways that very few games can match. It's still 7th in the GOG charts! it's not like there's been much in the way of sales either. They've never really needed to discount it.

Kickstarter is probably a good idea anyway. I really don't think that having a lot of input and support from your core fanbase. But I'd imagine that's a substantial part of the reason here.
I'm guessing they're seeking only a portion of the total budget through KS, as well as using it as means creating some more hype and advertising for the upcoming title.
Hmm. Might have to make this my first Kickstarter backing if there is a reasonably priced tier. Still to get and play the first one, but it's definitely top of my wishlist.
I haven't even played (or bought) the first one yet. Is there an ETA for the enhanced version?
Post edited August 12, 2015 by Leroux
adaliabooks: Hmm. Might have to make this my first Kickstarter backing if there is a reasonably priced tier.
Yep. I paid full price for D:Os the minute we pried it out of GOG's hands and didn't regret it. (Hey GOG, please don't make that mistake again, OK? Commit to releasing this DAY ONE.)
That's great news. I also think going with Kickstarter is a wise decision as they proved they could handle the business side of it without a publisher.
Leroux: Is there an ETA for the enhanced version?
'Holiday Season 2015'

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Overview Trailer (Gamescom 2015)
https://youtu.be/APBsG5R43yk
Post edited August 12, 2015 by playerone81
Wonder if they'll do physical incentives after all the headaches from last time.
I only hope this won't backfire on them. Will have to see how much moneys I'll still have in one month, but I will try to back them.
Leroux: Is there an ETA for the enhanced version?
playerone81: 'Holiday Season 2015'
'Holiday Season' means around Christmas, right? Thanks for the info and trailer link.

Btw, how's the modding community for the game? Are there any quality adventures created with the toolset yet or do creative minds shy away from it?
Let's hope the game comes to GOG:
https://twitter.com/Piranjade/status/631463258264875009