It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
So we now know who controls CDPR Red. It is Winnie the Pooh.
high rated
Maybe CDP and GOG in specific need to start taking stock (because nobody else is at the moment) and hopefully will come to realize that the answer to "shitting on your customers" should probably not be "let's shit on our customers some more".

CP77 lost a lot of goodwill and this mess with Devotion has alienated at least some of the store's fan base. How about we start seeing some honesty from the company. And maybe, hopefully, go back to the roots of catering for gamers.

Also. F*** China and bring Devotion to GOG!
high rated
Oh, by the way.
1.I wonder how many "gamers" it gets to bring down a game... hmmm....
2.How amusing! So GOG openly ignores 99% of community feedback but SUDDENLY a (crossed out text start *) wild Enya with bow and arrow(crossed out end) group of randoms with suspiciously similar message timing shows up and it gets an effect! Huh! "It's all in gamers hands"... "GOG is a pro consumer platform"... Right? No? Oh wait...

* Thanks GOG for having highly biased BB code that happens to include underline and bold but NOT crossed out text option.

Also, me thinking about those "gamers" fires up a spam of "travolta memes" in my head, you know, the ones with the gesture that get copy pasted into a billion of backgrounds, including supermarkets :P
shattenyagger: Maybe CDP and GOG in specific need to start taking stock (because nobody else is at the moment) and hopefully will come to realize that the answer to "shitting on your customers" should probably not be "let's shit on our customers some more".

CP77 lost a lot of goodwill and this mess with Devotion has alienated at least some of the store's fan base. How about we start seeing some honesty from the company. And maybe, hopefully, go back to the roots of catering for gamers.

Also. F*** China and bring Devotion to GOG!
Thank you!
high rated
19 pages in and GOG is still not addressing their issues.

The more they ignore their loyal customers, the more people will leave and new customers will be wary of GOG from now on. It's not helping the fact that people on Youtube are still discussing about this.
low rated
Saw this on Yong Yea, I'm with GOG/CDPR on this one. They're business afterall.

Devs shouldn't include their personal political views within their games, videogames should be neutral. They're taking unnecessary risk and perhaps does it intentionally to cause this kind of controversy, marketing the game further.

So far the publisher become the victim of that reckless decision, their business license has been revoked, so do the devs want or even capable of feed the publisher's former employees now?

And why no similar backlash on Steam btw? Steam unlisted the game first before GOG decided not to release this game.
Post edited December 22, 2020 by exorio
high rated
exorio: Saw this on Yong Yea, I'm with GOG/CDPR on this one. They're business afterall.

Devs shouldn't include their personal political views within their games, videogames should be neutral. They're taking unnecessary risk and perhaps does it intentionally to cause this kind of controversy, marketing the game further.

So far the publisher become the victim of that reckless decision, their business license has been revoked, so do the devs want or even capable of feed the publisher's former employees now?

And why no similar backlash on Steam btw? Steam unlisted the game first before GOG decided not to release this game.
It's true, they are a business & free to do what they want, but the reason they gave for removing the game & basically saying, this is what our customers wanted (when clearly a majority are showing that's not the case) shows what they think of the people who have purchased stuff here throughout the years.

All they had to do was tell the truth, not use their own customers as scapegoats for their own lack of morals.

Had they of said "We received a lot of pressure from external sources & we've decided not to sell the game" would at least be telling the truth, sure they would've got a lot of negative feedback, but at least it would've been the right thing for them to do.

Why shouldn't devs include their political views, it's their game, if a store chooses not to release it due to those political views, that's up to the store, but clearly GOG had no issue with the game itself as they were going to release it here.

As far as Steam is concerned, from what I've seen, the devs themselves removed the game. As for whether Steam has banned them from relisting it I don't know.
low rated
exorio: Saw this on Yong Yea, I'm with GOG/CDPR on this one. They're business afterall.

bliip: It's true, they are a business & free to do what they want, but the reason they gave for removing the game & basically saying, this is what our customers wanted (when clearly a majority are showing that's not the case) shows what they think of the people who have purchased stuff here throughout the years.
The easter egg said to be hidden and won't be possible to find without really looking. so would it be possible received e-mails or whatever means of communication from random GOG users who warn them about this?

They may not telling everything up front but they're not lying, that's what public relations do, attempting to kept their companies' reputation at the safest position as possible. But if that is the case (they received warning email from user), then they're not lying.

And it is better to be safe than sorry but now GOG have backlash because of this controversy, if GOG kept plummeting after the Cyberpunk who would feed the employees now? Devotion devs?

All they had to do was tell the truth, not use their own customers as scapegoats for their own lack of morals.
aahhhh morals

and yet Devotion devs have high moral value by making their publisher get most of the shit that hit the fan and trying to shove their game somewhere else

Had they of said "We received a lot of pressure from external sources & we've decided not to sell the game" would at least be telling the truth, sure they would've got a lot of negative feedback, but at least it would've been the right thing for them to do.
What if the above I describe that actually happen? They don't get pressure from Chinese goverment and Xi Jinping himself, but they receive messages from fans not to sell this game on GOG?

Why shouldn't devs include their political views, it's their game, if a store chooses not to release it due to those political views, that's up to the store, but clearly GOG had no issue with the game itself as they were going to release it here.
... and now they decided not to. So what's the problem? It's their store and they have the right to keep their interest at highest priority, not the devs.

I know I would remove the game if I own GOG since I have employees to feed, business to run.

As far as Steam is concerned, from what I've seen, the devs themselves removed the game. As for whether Steam has banned them from relisting it I don't know.
That makes it wven clearer. Devs know their game is problematic, pull the game from Steam. And now they're trying to sell it on GOG, without fixing the very problem that cause this controversy. Uncensored, unmodified. In short they're telling GOG to take the reclkless unnecessary risk from the devs' decision. Moral? Hah.
I'm surprised that NO ONE is bringing this up on the Steam forums for Cyberpunk 2077 at ALL. Either these people don't care about what CDPR did to Red Candle Games or they're putting their heads in sand to tune the problems with CDPR lying to people with Cyberpunk 2077 and backstabbing Red Candle Games.
AmethystViper: I'm surprised that NO ONE is bringing this up on the Steam forums for Cyberpunk 2077 at ALL. Either these people don't care about what CDPR did to Red Candle Games or they're putting their heads in sand to tune the problems with CDPR lying to people with Cyberpunk 2077 and backstabbing Red Candle Games.
That's because we're all doing it on the Detention forum.
exorio: They may not telling everything up front but they're not lying,
Yes, they are! They are quite literally, blatantly, flagrantly, overtly lying.

And in the infinitesimally small chance that they are not, then they can easily prove that to be so by redacting the supposed personal information of all of the alleged messages from "many gamers" that they've received, and put them up on this site so that we the customers can vet, scrutinize, question, audit, and validate them or not, according to how much merit they do or do not have.
low rated
exorio: They may not telling everything up front but they're not lying,
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Yes, they are! They are quite literally, blatantly, flagrantly, overtly lying.

And in the infinitesimally small chance that they are not, then they can easily prove that to be so by redacting the supposed personal information of all of the alleged messages from "many gamers" that they've received, and put them up on this site so that we the customers can vet, scrutinize, question, audit, and validate them or not, according to how much merit they do or do not have.
This is the only cause of the backlash? Really? People need to grow up a bit

So what is it about? The free speech in videogames? Or just because GOG got probably got info from one of their fans not to list the game (or not)? Whoever or wherever the source from don't really affect us as customers. At least not me.

The controversy can easily be solved if devotion devs choose to take out the problem from the game.after delisting it from steam and before submitting it to GOG. It's just a damn texture, photoshop it for a minute or two, it's done. But they chose not to, and most likely they're not telling everything up front before submitting their game to GOG. So yeah, I blame the devs.

If it is about free speech, here's an analogy. If there's a game that includes an image of certain religion prophet and GOG refused to put it up on their store would that make them the bad guys again, because they're preventing free speech in videogames? I mean I support free speech, but again if I own GOG I wouldn't risk my employees getting beheaded.
high rated
exorio: This is the only cause of the backlash? Really? People need to grow up a bit

So what is it about? The free speech in videogames? Or just because GOG got probably got info from one of their fans not to list the game (or not)? Whoever or wherever the source from don't really affect us as customers. At least not me.

The controversy can easily be solved if devotion devs choose to take out the problem from the game.after delisting it from steam and before submitting it to GOG. It's just a damn texture, photoshop it for a minute or two, it's done. But they chose not to, and most likely they're not telling everything up front before submitting their game to GOG. So yeah, I blame the devs.

If it is about free speech, here's an analogy. If there's a game that includes an image of certain religion prophet and GOG refused to put it up on their store would that make them the bad guys again, because they're preventing free speech in videogames? I mean I support free speech, but again if I own GOG I wouldn't risk my employees getting beheaded.
It's precisely your attitude that gives these people their power in the first place, stop living in fear. If you give up your civil liberties for a perceived sense of safety you deserve neither. Free speech is absolute or it doesn't exist and you don't submit to bullies, Muhammad and Islam can go straight to hell along with the CCP. Neither deserve any respect or consideration and deserve to be mocked.

Besides, the Devotion devs already did take out the easter egg, not that they should have had to in the first place, but it's no longer about that, this is about China wanting to take away any autonomy from Taiwan, it's a power move, and GOG are complicit in it by throwing them (and the rest of us non wumao people) under a bus.
Post edited December 22, 2020 by ReynardFox
low rated
exorio: This is the only cause of the backlash? Really? People need to grow up a bit

ReynardFox: It's precisely your attitude that gives these people their power in the first place, stop living in fear. If you give up your civil liberties for a perceived sense of safety you deserve neither. Free speech is absolute or it doesn't exist and you don't submit to bullies, Muhammad and Islam can go straight to hell along with the CCP. Neither deserve any respect or consideration and deserve to be mocked.

Besides, the Devotion devs already did take out the easter egg, not that they should have had to in the first place, but it's no longer about that, this is about China wanting to take away any autonomy from Taiwan, it's a power move, and GOG are complicit in it by throwing them (and the rest of us non wamao people) under a bus.
There's a fine line of being brave and stupid. They are hard to distinguish but the line is there.

As I said I support free speech. But if I was told to walk casually carrying a picture depicting a bearded dude with a caption "this is the prophet" in middle east, I wouldn't do that. Would you? That's what I called unnecessary risk.

As far as I'm concern, there's no videogame devs dares to include the dude's picture so far. Are you saying they're living in fear as well? As I remember COD had this controversy (a picture frame), after a backlash they removed it instantly. So you're saying activision, raven, treyarch, sledgehammer, etc are living in fear? Come on, that's just stupid.

Anyway we're not talking about me as personal. We're talking about GOG, as a business, correct?

So the dev have removed the easter egg but GOG refuse to list it. So what? That's their right to reject submissions.

The bottom line is I'm just trying to say that I can understand GOG's position on this matter, specially as a business entity.

I've said what I have in my mind, I'm done here. Thanks for the civil replies.
high rated
exorio: So the dev have removed the easter egg but GOG refuse to list it. So what? That's their right to reject submissions.
GOG didn't reject a submission, the game was accepted already, probably months ago. There was a GOG store page for it that was live for a few hours after they announced it on twitter, this also means that GOG had already created installers for it.

GOG advertised this release on Weibo, they apparently, proudly announced a Taiwanese game release on Chinese Twitter, this is likely where they got flooded with Wumao vitriol, and likely fearing for their microtransaction money from CP multiplayer, they panicked and pulled the rug out from under Red Candle and Devotion at the11th hour, and then lied to right to our faces about why. This is not how an ethical business behaves, foreign bullying be damned.
Post edited December 22, 2020 by ReynardFox