It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dalthnock: That's not really an answer, is it?
ReynardFox: Don't feed the bigoted, brainwashed identitarian, it's going to go nowhere except dragging the thread off course.
I like when people have the opportunity to explain their points of view in a civilized, calm & rational manner.

I have absolutely no idea why she shut down the way she did, however. :D
low rated
Dalthnock: That's not really an answer, is it?
ReynardFox: ...identitarian...
hardly
ReynardFox: ...identitarian...
lace_gardenia: hardly
Why so many short replies?

Are you using only one hand to type, now?

EDIT: Typo. But I'm using BOTH hands. I swear!
Post edited December 18, 2020 by Dalthnock
CityDPRED: Is that what I said? No, it is not. I was bringing up that it became an issue due to a certain time period in a certain country that is filled to the brim of issues anyway.

I am wasting my breath though, I’m debating with what I’m assuming is a White(?) Swedish Goth full of White guilt, who is part of a group that demand to have the same human rights as others, but is adamant that only Whites are from the ground up racist and who supports a deplorable regime that is actually racist towards others, so much so that they don’t allow certain types into trademarked establishments and they enslave those they deem inferior, what complete mental gymnastics, bizarro world.

Good luck, you’re gonna need it!
Dalthnock: It's a humiliation fetish.

I get it, but if these people go around being submissive to random people all the time (as long as they're properly colored), things are bound to go wrong eventually.

If nothing else, they'll find themselves being looked down on, mocked, and will not be taken seriously for or over anything, which might be a problem for, say, finding a job, when this current fad disappears - which it seems, won't be long, now. No one wants to hire someone who likes to act inferior all the time. Well, there are SOME jobs, but you know what I mean.

Guess they'll just keep blaming others.

Fetishes are fine, but they should be kept ion the bedroom, between partners. Or among, as may be the case. When people let fetishes control their daily lives, THAT is when it becomes a problem.

I just wish they didn't kept trying to make it my problem, too.

Cheers!
Haha, yup!

Never have I ever deemed myself to be higher than anybody, I honestly don’t care what creed a person is, just don’t be a self-righteous twit jumping into problems for other people. I don’t care what you do with your life, there was a time we had something known as a private life, just please don’t drag me into your delusions of grandeur and then try to “cancel” me for not conforming.

This is how I see people like that looking to fix a problem that isn’t as big as it seems and then looking smug at the end.
high rated
Mori_Yuki: That aside the real story can be found on Weibo ... Chinese gamers threatened to boycott CP2077 if Devotion was not removed before it was even added. They also threatened CP2077 because they found signs of promoting Taiwanese independence consciousness ... This is where things stand and this is what GoG had to say about hurting Chinese gamer's feelings when releasing Devotion on their official Weibo page: 「GOG.COM 保證不會做出傷害大家感情的事情,請大家放心」。Which roughly translates to GOG.COM promises not do anything that will hurt everyone's feelings. Please rest assured.

I still don't believe that it is gamers but official watchdogs considering the part about hurting Chinese peoples' feelings ... Reason being that I fail to see why this game, not even containing content that was causing an outrage, has been removed after what happened to this Taiwanese developer on Steam the first time there was conflict about this game. Said gamers, who first found a pirated-copy of it, thinking that some of it would satirize their national leader ..., started it and got it removed there and their publisher to drop the studio like a hot potato.

GoG bend to those gamers, they took their time to reply and reassure said gamers on their official Weibo, and all we get is radio silence. That seems to me to be the whole story. GoG seems to be sitting it out not acknowledging their actual customers here thinking that it will be forgotten in a day or a week or even a month from now.
I encourage everyone to read the above and let it sink. This is really all you need to know to make up your mind about what's going on: it's clear where GOG's loyalties lie. Hint: it is not with their paying customers here.

At this point enough time has passed for them to address the elephant in the room. If they continue not to do so, it is by choice. There is some GOG staff on r/gog reddit trying to take it over from an independent moderator but they have nothing to say about the actual cause of this either.

This isn't about China, or whether the game is good or bad. And also don't kid yourself, the first time this happened isn't going to be the last. The only way to prevent it is to impose a cost on GOG over what they did. If you continue to let GOG earn any money off you, you deserve the treatment you are and will be getting from them.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by Turbo-Beaver
CityDPRED: Haha, yup!

Never have I ever deemed myself to be higher than anybody, I honestly don’t care what creed a person is, just don’t be a self-righteous twit jumping into problems for other people. I don’t care what you do with your life, there was a time we had something known as a private life, just please don’t drag me into your delusions of grandeur and then try to “cancel” me for not conforming.

This is how I see people like that looking to fix a problem that isn’t as big as it seems and then looking smug at the end.
I also remember when people led public AND private lives - it was before social media.

Ah, the good old days...

Spot on with the video! Absolutely brilliant!
ah a tumblerina ...
pointless to argue with her
high rated
Dalthnock: I also remember when people led public AND private lives - it was before social media.
Social media has a hell of a lot to answer for.
Dalthnock: I also remember when people led public AND private lives - it was before social media.
ReynardFox: Social media has a hell of a lot to answer for.
Becoming publishers in the eyes of the law would be a helluva good start.
Orkhepaj: ah a tumblerina ...
pointless to argue with her
Nah, I don't like ostracizing people, engaging can be fun.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by Dalthnock
CityDPRED: Haha, yup!

Ah, the good old days...

Yeah, “social” media has been such a massive bleed on humanity, people are more fractured than ever. Funny that the biggest social rejects run that kind of tech, Zuckerborg is anything but human, I’m pretty sure even DATA was more emotive and human.

Those were the good old days, I would trademark a service based around the “good old days”, maybe GOD, but I’m worried “gamers” might have something to say if I chose to include certain old days from other regions.

I honestly can’t tell if the video is serious or not? This world, it is like the twilight zone.
low rated

Ah, the good old days...

CityDPRED: Yeah, “social” media has been such a massive bleed on humanity, people are more fractured than ever. Funny that the biggest social rejects run that kind of tech, Zuckerborg is anything but human, I’m pretty sure even DATA was more emotive and human.

Those were the good old days, I would trademark a service based around the “good old days”, maybe GOD, but I’m worried “gamers” might have something to say if I chose to include certain old days from other regions.

I honestly can’t tell if the video is serious or not? This world, it is like the twilight zone.
oh god, can't tell sarcasm from reality. well, i act surprised, but i'm not.

To be fair, i don't think social media can be to blame for the problems. The problems are from within ourselves. We still choose how we react to the stimuli, or are we going determinist, here? And if we go determinist, how can we blame anything?
high rated
Sad thing that GOG is lieing to us not even admitting the real reason why they won't release the game. Nobody believes them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jlck33_q30
Post edited December 18, 2020 by MarkoH01
high rated
MarkoH01: Sad thing that GOG is lieing to us not even admitting the real reason why they won't release the game. Nobody believes them:
The silence following the lies is really too much to take at this point.
high rated
MarkoH01: Sad thing that GOG is lieing to us not even admitting the real reason why they won't release the game. Nobody believes them:
ReynardFox: The silence following the lies is really too much to take at this point.
Still, they do seem to have the time and inclination to delete perfectly legal posts from their forum. See here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_hellish_quart_8c523/post11
where one such post is preserved thanks to it being quoted.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by mrkgnao
high rated
ReynardFox: The silence following the lies is really too much to take at this point.
mrkgnao: Still, they do seem to have the time and inclination to delete perfectly legal posts from their forum. See here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_hellish_quart_8c523/post11
where one such post is preserved thanks to it being quoted.
Oh wow, at least we have all we need to know where their true loyalty lies. God damn, I feel like such a fool for trusting GOG all this time.