It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
It's fun to watch the Wishlist counter climb with each refresh
high rated
Wait to capitulate to commies, GOG.
high rated
At least GOG should be honest in their statements, stop lying. Gamers don't care about the joke, it's Chinese investors that care. At least amend your statement to remove mention of gamers and change it to Chinese investors, thanks.
agent00x: At least GOG should be honest in their statements, stop lying. Gamers don't care about the joke, it's Chinese investors that care. At least amend your statement to remove mention of gamers and change it to Chinese investors, thanks.
Just how many do they have?
Niggles: What would be the fallout if GOG decided not to deal with China (they wont relent. companies love money too much)?. I know Tencent has fingers in a few areas based on the wiki link someone posted earlier (thanks)
I guess CDPR was threatened that Cyberpunk 2077 and other games made by them might be banned in China if they don't comply. That would mean huge revenue loss, not only now, but also in future. Since they will want to milk Cyberpunk multiplayer to death with microtransactions or subscription model, no access to Chinese market would hurt them.

Probably nothing about the Chinese investors (if they have any), but their investors in general.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by ChrisSZ
Niggles: What would be the fallout if GOG decided not to deal with China (they wont relent. companies love money too much)?. I know Tencent has fingers in a few areas based on the wiki link someone posted earlier (thanks)
ChrisSZ: I guess CDPR was threatened that Cyberpunk 2077 and other games made by them might be banned in China if they don't comply.
Cyberpunk isn't even approved for publishing in China and given the content of the game I don't see it being officially released either. Their Chinese customers are using VPN to buy the game or just outright pirating it.

Maybe they're worried about future trouble by Chinese regulators if they try to enter the Chinese market directly in the future. Or maybe they are just such cowards that Chinese troll army scared them away from the game.
Enebias: a stupid joke about China's current ruler isn't a big deal, and if God Emperor Xi can't take any kind of humor he should visit a psychiatrist for self esteem issues.
toxicTom: Agreed. It's the with Mohammed jokes that lead to the deaths of a magazine staff in Paris (Charlie Hebdo shooting). If your divine figure can't take a joke, it's a pretty brittle one...
Ironically, I would say it isn't anything to do with skin or brittleness. China is not a democratic country, so one has to think about it from that perspective. Say back in the feudal ages, if a subject of a court were to outright yell at the king, hurl vulgarities or say something scandalous, will the king just quietly let it go? Absolutely not, right? Because if he does so, it would weaken his rule as his subjects will think he is a doormat and stop respecting him. I believe this is the case when it comes to anything regarding the Chinese government. It's more about enforcement of view than anything else.

For Muslims, it's religious fanaticism where a swath of people self-appointed themselves defenders of their "adored" Mohamed to the point where they'd get very extreme about it. Even though Mohamed isn't real and does not exist.
LordJF: Cyberpunk isn't even approved for publishing in China and given the content of the game I don't see it being officially released either. Their Chinese customers are using VPN to buy the game or just outright pirating it.
I just checked. Both on Steam and GOG it is available without VPN.

Only very few games are officially approved. Steam was blocked here at times, but for the recent months I don't recall any problems with it.

But what could happen any day if they upset China: the website could be blocked. And that would effectively mean being locked out of the Chinese market. I think that's what they are afraid of.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by ChrisSZ
ChrisSZ: I guess CDPR was threatened that Cyberpunk 2077 and other games made by them might be banned in China if they don't comply.
LordJF: Cyberpunk isn't even approved for publishing in China and given the content of the game I don't see it being officially released either. Their Chinese customers are using VPN to buy the game or just outright pirating it.

Maybe they're worried about future trouble by Chinese regulators if they try to enter the Chinese market directly in the future. Or maybe they are just such cowards that Chinese troll army scared them away from the game.
It's Gwent. That game widely spread there. The tournaments always have one or two chinese players in them. And on the ladder there are quite a few chinese names in the top ranks.
high rated
I don't comment much on the forum anymore, I already commented on the wishlist and will do so here as well. CDPR I am your customer and you can look at my account and see how many games I have bought over the years and how old my account is. I preferred supporting you guys over Steam because I have always seen you as better. This account is even older than my steam account.

You are really burning your good will and I see I am not alone with these feelings. You blundered with Cyberpunk already and bending the knee with not releasing Devotion is hurting your reputation even more.

With that being said, it is not too late to turn things around and I really do mean this. It will take time to undo the damage, but releasing Devotion along with fixing Cyberpunk is a step in the right direction.
high rated
What has happened to this company. It seems like they can't make a good decision anymore. Seriously, I thought they understood how to deliver good products and services to gamers. I felt like they actually cared about their customers, but now I can't believe how bad they have gotten. I am just absolutely horrified at how bad they are now. Everything now is them cutting corners, hiding bad practices and shafting their customers. I am getting tired of this. No more preorders for them and I think I need to stop buying on GOG now. Hopefully they fix this mess instead of trying to appease dictators.
Thunderstone: I don't comment much on the forum anymore, I already commented on the wishlist and will do so here as well. CDPR I am your customer and you can look at my account and see how many games I have bought over the years and how old my account is. I preferred supporting you guys over Steam because I have always seen you as better. This account is even older than my steam account.

You are really burning your good will and I see I am not alone with these feelings. You blundered with Cyberpunk already and bending the knee with not releasing Devotion is hurting your reputation even more.

With that being said, it is not too late to turn things around and I really do mean this. It will take time to undo the damage, but releasing Devotion along with fixing Cyberpunk is a step in the right direction.
Yeah.... atm CDPR and GoG rly run from one clanger into the next....within a week 1 week
CDPR and now GoG rly stained their reputation... however... my STRAW not support this
shop ist DRM ... once they put that in or make Galaxy mandatory i am gone...
seeing THIS decision making ... who knows what the future holds :(

PR team must have a really nice time right now (yes i am cynical here)
ChrisSZ: I just checked. Both on Steam and GOG it is available without VPN.

Only very few games are officially approved. Steam was blocked here at times, but for the recent months I don't recall any problems with it.

But what could happen any day if they upset China: the website could be blocked. And that would effectively mean being locked out of the Chinese market. I think that's what they are afraid of.
Ok, I was under impression that the site was already blocked, so thanks for clearing that out. If I were GOG I wouldn't count on the site staying open for long term though. CCP seems to be going to back to Cultural Revolution days in their blocking of unauthorised entertainment and I'd guess it's only a matter of time before sites like GOG and Steam get blocked for good by the Great Firewall.
low rated
kalirion: Wait to capitulate to commies, GOG.
Polish cultural norm
high rated
I haven't had reason to comment much, and usually am happy with how gog runs things.

In fact, when I heard Devotion was coming to gog, my reaction was one of delight.

"Finally, someone standing up for the little guy!"

If you guys back down now it's far worse than if you had never offered the game in the first place.

Just sickening to see you cave in like this.