It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
ChrisSZ: I just checked. Both on Steam and GOG it is available without VPN.

Only very few games are officially approved. Steam was blocked here at times, but for the recent months I don't recall any problems with it.

But what could happen any day if they upset China: the website could be blocked. And that would effectively mean being locked out of the Chinese market. I think that's what they are afraid of.
LordJF: Ok, I was under impression that the site was already blocked, so thanks for clearing that out. If I were GOG I wouldn't count on the site staying open for long term though. CCP seems to be going to back to Cultural Revolution days in their blocking of unauthorised entertainment and I'd guess it's only a matter of time before sites like GOG and Steam get blocked for good by the Great Firewall.
I doubt it. The CCP knows that controlling international companies via their wallets is a great way to project "soft power". They also lobby hard in Western governments, too.
high rated
I'll simply join the many gamers voicing their opinion that you should release Devotion on GoG.
I'm looking forward to picking this up and what
with all the flake it's got form it's long development history and
where it was cultivated and released, this is good day for gamers.

Given the recent situations within the company and the structures,
the developers aren't to blame here.
With many games having come to GOG recently I hope we get this
sooner or later.

Although, I think GOG and CDRP should stick to there guns and
release the game anyway regardless of pressure from minority's
both socially and political.
chimera2025: What has happened to this company. It seems like they can't make a good decision anymore. Seriously, I thought they understood how to deliver good products and services to gamers. I felt like they actually cared about their customers, but now I can't believe how bad they have gotten. I am just absolutely horrified at how bad they are now. Everything now is them cutting corners, hiding bad practices and shafting their customers. I am getting tired of this. No more preorders for them and I think I need to stop buying on GOG now. Hopefully they fix this mess instead of trying to appease dictators.
It's been many months since I posted in GOG's forums. After hearing the debacle re Cyberpunk for days and now GOG's cancelling a game in order to appease the butthurt ching-chongs, I will add my $ 0.02 to this.

A small company, no matter how good their intentions are will have their priorities and morals warped once they've gone big. Take a look at today's AAA game companies such as EA and see the kind of bullshit that they're spewing for the last couple of years.

I remember GOG's early years and their no-DRM stance on classic games was the reason I gave my money to them. I didn't care about GOG's Galaxy but I was worried that GOG may someday be like Steam. And when Cyberpunk was announced, I didn't want to pre-order since the current gaming scenario is to release a bad game and then send a day-one patch the next day. Unsurprisingly, I was right - people are angry that Cyberpunk is a bug-ridden mess the day it was released.

And there's also the fact that so many companies bend to SJW's/China's whims nowadays makes me sick. The same companies that used to care for their customers are now shunning them to appease a collective that really doesn't support their product. Kinda like the people running Marvel / DC catering to the crazies who don't buy their comics in the first place. And now that Devotion is cancelled, I'm not confident in GOG's future direction anymore.

Once GOG applies DRM to their games, I will reconsider spending my money elsewhere instead.
Lord_Kane: They were going to have HATRED on the store as well, but when the snowflakes complained. they backed off.
LOL, I bet GOG's still salty that Steam got the Hatred revenue. For once, Gabe woke up and did the right thing by uploading Hatred to Steam instead of caving in to the onion-skinned crowd.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by makaikishi
high rated
cmwillis: If you guys back down now it's far worse than if you had never offered the game in the first place.
This!

Silently not offering the game without any explanation is one thing. But GOG managed to make a typical GOG foul-up out of it.
high rated
For real CDPR?

I did start to use GoG because I wanted to support a platform what ment something. I did started to use GoG and buy your games directly from you on your platform because I wanted to change game industry for better not to bow before Chinase goverment because some snowflake Xi Jinping Winnie the Pooh!!!

I want answers.
I stopped playing Activision-Blizzard games for censoring for China sake!!! Because of Blitzchang and China censorship! Do you seriously planning to go that route?!!!

I'm angry right now. I could play cyberpunk and hope you will make it right after few DLC and that you will fix your reputation but now? Bugged game is one thing but you are starting to mess up with my moral norms and these do not include Chinase goverment! HongKong freedom and Taiwan independence are political disputes and they are one thing that you should not mess up with.

If you were so scared of chinase players (goverment) for "compaining" then right now you will have to worry about west players as well with part of EU as well! Get yourself together and show you are better! Until then no more games from GoG for me!
Post edited December 17, 2020 by T3RS1
ChrisSZ: Silently not offering the game without any explanation is one thing. But GOG managed to make a typical GOG foul-up out of it.
Seems they proudly announced the release of this game on Weibo (Chinese Twitter). If that's true, then the backlash was predictable. On the other hand, if they just skipped the announcement, nobody would have noticed. What a spectacular own goal. And in response, they're backtracking and doubling down, withdrawing the game globally now. What reaction exactly did they expect? For it to pass unnoticed?

It's almost as if GOG social media accounts are being run with the explicit purpose of trolling, and it's not the first time this is happening either. What a mess.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by Turbo-Beaver
10 pages in 12 hours. Super hot thread.
Cambrey: 10 pages in 12 hours. Super hot thread.
Considering its the xmas sale... very surprising. At the least they could have postponed the move til after new year. sensible from PR perspective right?
high rated
This needs to stop. My internet freedom and my right to buy what i want to buy should be no concern of someone from another Country. You don't like this game, don't buy it. You have no right to censor things for others. And for Gog, if you don't want to " offend " China gamers just don't post it in the Chinese Store if they don't like it.
high rated
cmwillis: I haven't had reason to comment much, and usually am happy with how gog runs things.

In fact, when I heard Devotion was coming to gog, my reaction was one of delight.

"Finally, someone standing up for the little guy!"

If you guys back down now it's far worse than if you had never offered the game in the first place.

Just sickening to see you cave in like this.
Even worse, they gave the studio hopes after a long time with a game they've put so much effort into. And then just cancelling it because of 'gamers'.

WE THE REAL GAMERS WANT TO SUPPORT THIS STUDIO AND THIS GAME.
Niggles: Considering its the xmas sale... very surprising. At the least they could have postponed the move til after new year. sensible from PR perspective right?
Maybe they wanted to deliver some good news after the Cyberpunk fiasco.
high rated
Wow Gog. It's one thing to bow to pressure and not sell a game. It's quite another to blame gamers for it in an outright lie. I'm not your shield Gog. Why don't you blame the actual party responsible - the CCP. You're very close to me abandoning Gog altogether. That last DRM-free domino is on the verge of tipping over. Once that falls I'm out.
tremere110: Wow Gog. It's one thing to bow to pressure and not sell a game. It's quite another to blame gamers for it in an outright lie. I'm not your shield Gog. Why don't you blame the actual party responsible - the CCP. You're very close to me abandoning Gog altogether. That last DRM-free domino is on the verge of tipping over. Once that falls I'm out.
First they're spineless so they gave in to CCP, then they're gutless so they blame it on "gamers". Soviets should have purged them.
high rated
BluesyMoo: First they're spineless so they gave in to CCP, then they're gutless so they blame it on "gamers". Soviets should have purged them.
I can understand not wanting to lose the Chinese market. I wouldn't be happy with it but I could at least understand it. Blaming gamers is beyond the pale however. I don't even know you anymore Gog.