It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Turbo-Beaver: Other media outlets did as well, ranging from The Guardian to Breitbart (literally):

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/dec/17/taiwanese-horror-game-pulled-from-sale-again-after-backlash-in-china

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/12/18/taiwanese-videogame-blacklisted-again-mocking-chinese-dictator-xi-jinping/

It's really quite an achievement for GOG to have both of the above in agreement about this issue.

From the PC Gamer article:

PCG has contacted GOG to ask for further details on the decision not to list Devotion, and will update with any response.
Turbo-Beaver: We're not the only ones snubbed then.
the fact the ultra left and the ultra right both agree on this is kinda funny to me.
Lord_Kane: the fact the ultra left and the ultra right both agree on this is kinda funny to me.
Faye's Horseshoe. At some point they all agree on something. Although I personally wouldn't equate breitbart with far right or guardian with far left.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by Zorzy
high rated
Where is the public statement about this GoG? 8000+ costumers demanding to hear from you, plus magazines, newspappers and websites...
Lord_Kane: the fact the ultra left and the ultra right both agree on this is kinda funny to me.
Zorzy: Faye's Horseshoe. At some point they all agree on something. Although I personally wouldn't equate breitbart with far right or guardian with far left.
ok maybe not ultra, more "far" but I am just being very general. I take a very dim view of both sites and their reporting style either way.
I hope GOG will get their heads screwed back on straight and bring Devotion back onto the store.
high rated
Gersen: And apart from the forum where is a everybody still talking about it ?
There are tons and tons and tons of people who may not be "still be talking about it," but they are still boycotting GOG over it. So GOG is unquestionably losing a lot of money because of their diabolical (non)handling of this matter.

Many youtubers with around 1 million or more subs have covered this debacle...and those videos have garnered almost universal opposition to GOG among the people who've viewed them

These are the same consumers who GOG is desperately trying to bait into using it's store to buy games, with things like Galaxy 2.0's supposed "one client to manage all your games," and offering free Witcher 1 to everyone signs up to Galaxy 2.0, etc. etc.

So in other words, GOG is heavily sabotaging its own goal to grow its customer base by continuing to ignore the Devotion debacle which they started.

And in addition to that, they've also ticked off many/most of the current/former customers too, who will now no longer buy from GOG at all for many of them, and for many others they will buy a lot less.
Post edited December 28, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
low rated
Lord_Kane: PC Gamer picked up the story according to spl_ice:
Other media outlets did as well, ranging from The Guardian to Breitbart (literally):
It's really quite an achievement for GOG to have both of the above in agreement about this issue.

From the PC Gamer article:
Turbo-Beaver: We're not the only ones snubbed then.
But that illustrate my point, all those are from 10 days ago, how many articles / video on cyberpunk since them ? Devotion was just the controversy of the day for them while Cyberpunk is an ongoing saga full of click bait potential.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: There are tons and tons and tons of people who may not be "still be talking about it," but they are still boycotting GOG over it. So GOG is unquestionably losing a lot of money because of their diabolical (non)handling of this matter.
You mean like there was tons and tons of peoples who boycotted Blizzard, the tons of tons who boycotted Steam, the tons of tons Boycotting Sony for their censorship, the tons of tons boycotting Bethesda for Fallout 76 or the tons of tons who boycotted Modern Warfare for dropping dedicated servers ?

I think you are greatly overestimating the efficiency of "boycott" in gamming, especially when compared to the very real Cyberpunk refunds.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So in other words, GOG is heavily sabotaging its own goal to grow its customer base by continuing to ignore the Devotion debacle which they started.

And in addition to that, they've also ticked off many/most of the current/former customers too, who will now no longer buy from GOG at all for many of them, and for many others they will buy a lot less.
GOG is basically showing international customers that chinese market's opinion means to GOG more than entire outside(-of-China)-world's opinion combined.
It's an direct affront towards international customers.

Gersen: I think you are greatly overestimating the efficiency of "boycott" in gamming, especially when compared to the very real Cyberpunk refunds.
Do you have any proof that the fact of many customers worldwide on GOG boycotting and not buying anything on GOG because of Devotion ordeal is "NOT" costing GOG loss of potential sales?
Or are you so deeply defending GOG that you just fail to see the obvious?
No offense, but you are going pretty far in your stupidity now.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So in other words, GOG is heavily sabotaging its own goal to grow its customer base by continuing to ignore the Devotion debacle which they started.

B1tF1ghter: GOG is basically showing international customers that chinese market's opinion means to GOG more than entire outside(-of-China)-world's opinion combined.
It's an direct affront towards international customers.

Gersen: I think you are greatly overestimating the efficiency of "boycott" in gamming, especially when compared to the very real Cyberpunk refunds.
B1tF1ghter: Do you have any proof that the fact of many customers worldwide on GOG boycotting and not buying anything on GOG because of Devotion ordeal is "NOT" costing GOG loss of potential sales?
I think they don't care much about GOG because it is not a big revenue stream for them. Is not that they won't lose some money in GOG sales but the amount they will lose is nothing compared to the amount they have to gain by selling mobile games to China and games like Cyberpunk.
faverodefavero: Where is the public statement about this GoG? 8000+ costumers demanding to hear from you, plus magazines, newspappers and websites...
We, as all those 8000+ customers, are not gamers by their definition.

Thus, we deserve no response.
I have been threatend by gog staff to refrain from political discussions or my account will be banned:

https://ibb.co/n1CXMvr
low rated
Captainchicken84: I have been threatend by gog staff to refrain from political discussions or my account will be banned:

https://ibb.co/n1CXMvr
So what?
I got the same message at some time.
Be glad that they give you a warning. Alternatively, they could simply ban you (temporarily).
faverodefavero: Where is the public statement about this GoG? 8000+ costumers demanding to hear from you, plus magazines, newspappers and websites...
junk11: We, as all those 8000+ customers, are not gamers by their definition.

Thus, we deserve no response.
At the end of the day, we can't do more for GOG than they're willing to do for themselves. All we could do was to give them the benefit of the doubt and a chance to respond, which they clearly had. If GOG didn't address this issue, it's not because they didn't know or there wasn't enough time. We all have to draw our own conclusions from that.

While it can be shocking that CD Projekt/GOG decided to throw away all the goodwill and reputation it took them years to build, ultimately it's their call. Companies are free to make bad decisions and even run themselves into the ground if their shareholders allow it.

One thing we can do as customers though is to reach out to Red Candle Games to let them know there is a market for their game, and urge them to release it elsewhere:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/redcandlegames/posts/
https://twitter.com/redcandlegames
https://redcandlegames.com/contact.php

GOG's own goal is their chance. They already got a lot of free publicity, which they could convert into sales. With nearly 8,200 people upvoting the wishlist entry as of now:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/devotion

If they sold it directly, and only 25% who upvoted decided to buy the game, it'd mean over $30,000 in revenue for the developers by now.
0.25 * 8,168 * 0.95 * $17 = $32,978.30 (assuming 5% payment processor fees and other overhead)
While setting it up would take some effort, the marginal cost of selling another copy afterwards is negligible. They already have the DRM-version prepared for release, and GOG installers use the free InnoSetup so they could probably keep using that. At this point I don't really care about what GOG decide to do anymore but I hope this is what Red Candle do.
low rated
B1tF1ghter: Do you have any proof that the fact of many customers worldwide on GOG boycotting and not buying anything on GOG because of Devotion ordeal is "NOT" costing GOG loss of potential sales?
And do you have any proof of the "tons and tons" peoples, that Ancient-Red-Dragon was mentioning and to whom I was answering, who stopped purchasing on Gog and their impact ? any proof on how significant said impact is ? On the other side there are plenty of example of similar boycott that at the end of the day had very limited impact if any at all.

But if you had actually read my original posts you would have noticed that my argument wasn't even whenever there was an impact or not, simply that said impact is most likely negligible when compared of the impact that the whole Cyberpunk mess has and that as a result I would guess that most of CD Project higher ups cares a lot more about it than the whole Devotion situation.
high rated
Gersen: You mean like there was tons and tons of peoples who boycotted Blizzard, the tons of tons who boycotted Steam, the tons of tons Boycotting Sony for their censorship, the tons of tons boycotting Bethesda for Fallout 76 or the tons of tons who boycotted Modern Warfare for dropping dedicated servers ?

I think you are greatly overestimating the efficiency of "boycott" in gamming, especially when compared to the very real Cyberpunk refunds.
This boycott (like most, be them online or not) is indeed unlikely to change anything, but it's still ethically relevant.
Post edited December 28, 2020 by Dalswyn