It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CONTEST

We want you to make your own concept art for Divinity Original Sin 2's #GOGHero - draw it, photoshop it, finger paint it, whatever you think works best. Give the #GOGHero their look and win gaming goodies. As always, together with Larian Studios - we'll be going over all the entries and looking for fresh ideas to implement into the final character design.

HOW TO ENTER:
-- Create your own concept art for the #GOGHero - whatever medium you choose, just make sure you can save it as a good quality image.
-- Embed or link your image in the forum comments.
-- Wait impatiently.

PRIZES:

The winner will receive a brand-new ROCCAT Kova gaming mouse.

But as always, we also reserve the right to award honorable mentions with GOG.com game codes and other goodies!

RULES:

-- One entry per person!
-- Embed or link to your image in the forum comments.
-- Your first entry submitted to the contest counts - make it a good one!
-- Submit your entry before November 7 12:00 AM GMT to be eligible for a win!

Not sure what it's all about?

Have you heard the word?
The word is that we get the chance to work with Larian Studios to design an NPC character in their about-to-win-kickstarter sequel, <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span> - a unique in-game character, the #GOGHero, complete with a backstory and private motivations to intertwine with the players' fates.

Well. YOU get to design them.

Because the more is always the merrier, we're handing the #GOGHero over to you, the gamers, and everyone is welcome to pitch in with their ideas! The entire gaming community is invited to a massive brainstorming session with Larian Studios & GOG.com, and to submit their own ideas for the upcoming character.

For a touch of authenticity, Larian is providing official guidelines to work with - just like the ones they use during development. Fun, but optional:

--Each character has 3 major traits: Vanity, aggression, pride, self-confidence, racist towards dwarves/elves/humans/orcs/sourcerers...
--1 Quirk or Eccentricity: A predilection for dogs in leather boots, refuses to face north for religious reasons, in denial about his singing.
--One Fear/Loss/Block/Wound: Something traumatic in their background for which they are compensating in some way, or which drives them to do something normal people don't. His wife was killed in a tragic accident and now he's a kamikaze detective with a death wish. His parents were murdered by a criminal so now he's a vigilante crime-fighter. He's terrified of intimacy so treats women terribly. That kind of thing.
--Race: Human, dwarf, elf, lizard, undead.
--Background: Gender, age, job function, loyalties.

Throughout the brainstorm, the team from Larian, including creative director Swen Vincke among others, will be joining in us to browse, weigh in, and search for inspiration! Finally, when the time comes, they'll design three final characters combining the awesomest ideas, complete with official concept art and backstory. Once again, the #GOGHero will be placed in your hands with an official vote to chose the favorite champion from the three proposals. The winning character will go on to become the community-made, full-featured NPC in Divinity 2: Original Sin.
Post edited January 18, 2016 by GOG.com
Name: Kaiuba Khar
Race: Lizard

Major Traits:
Affable, Cunning, Hates medium/small “Animals” (Puppies and dwarves in particular)

Quirk/Eccentricity:
Refuses to serve any parties larger than two who are without a renowned reputation or those who travel with carnivorous/omnivorous beasts of any kind. As any animals not bred for their meat or to pull carts are pure evil, especially puppies and dwarves.

Fear/Loss/Block/Wound:
Kaiuba tends to stay seated at the head of his wooden Caravan or in various spots in/around it, never exposing his back to his customers. He wears long capes/cloaks that trail quite far behind him, and all of this he does in order to hide his greatest insecurity, his lack of a tail. He is particularly secretive of his lack of tail around other lizards, so much so, as to avoid dealing with them whenever possible. This fear, or shame, does not just stem from being different, but also because of his betrayal of his village which he has yet to return to since the night he lost his tail and right leg.

Bio:
As a young Lizard, Kaiuba was caught by a group of young “adventurers” seeking fame and fortune. He was subjected to torture as they assumed a lone lizard “snooping” near their camp was a scout belonging to a larger troop attempting to ambush them. Kaiuba pleaded with them insisting he was not spying on them and was simply hunting for food; this fueled the cruelty of his captors. They strung him up by his wrists and began to beat him; they broke his right leg in the process before deciding a different form of torture might prove more useful than beatings. That is when they began cutting his tail off in sections.
The pain and horror of being mutilated at the hands of his captors betrayed his will and he revealed the location of his small village. His captors left him for dead hanging like a piece of meat, the smell of his blood filled the air and soon, he thought to himself, he would be an easy meal for whatever predators lived in the area. He awoke to the sound of gargling, was his torture but a dream? No, still weak and sore from the beatings and blood loss he knew the nightmare was real and the gargling continued. Was it his captors back from raiding his village or someone else? He scanned the area only to discover the gargling was actually two small wolf cubs growling and fighting over a section of his discarded tail, like scraps tossed to dogs from a dining table. Horror filled him a second time this night as he is now forced to watch his dismembered tail being consumed by beasts. A third cub discovered the source of their meal and began tugging at Kaiuba’s right leg, gnawing at his broken leg’s toes; the rest of the wolf pack began closing in. He had no energy to scream, he passed out knowing death was ready to claim him and that the pain would soon be over.
The Sun had just peeked over the horizon as Kaiuba finished loading his caravan; the warm beams of light were a welcome change from the cold sweats and nightmares he had awoken from and would awaken from most mornings. Kaiuba had made a name for himself in the commonly travelled cities as a reputable merchant who has an ear for useful information. He had also gained a lot of weight over the years after the loss of his right leg and tail. The phantom pain of his leg kept him off his peg, if you can call a giant steel cylinder a peg, most days. Plus, there aren’t too many forms of weight reducing exercises one can practice with a peg leg and a cane for added stability. Besides, Kaiuba was proud of his girth, he felt more intimidating, being so large and in this business it helped to be intimidating. Backed by the fact that his upper body still had the reflexes of his youth and his mind was as sharp as any assassin’s blade and as poisonous too. Kaiuba became a king among merchants, and if knowledge is power, then Kaiuba had a lot of it; enough to share, with the right patron.
Attachments:
kaiuba.jpg (399 Kb)
Name: Johann Podtreck
Race: Human

Major Traits:
Stoic, Rational, Courageous

Quirk:
Constantly examines any and all gems he comes across. He believes gems are beautiful in themselves and should come without any attached ornaments, such as golden chains or containers of precious metal.

Fear/Loss/Wound:
Has a magical/mechanical arm and eye, his chest an neck have severe burn scars (which he usually hides). Result of an experiment with mechanical constructs gone wrong. Despite being courageous in nature and willing to face adversity, Johann extremely fears any sort of large machines and constructs, both mechanical and magical in nature.

Bio/Motivation:
Johann Podtreck is a Grand Order Gemologist, expert in all matters concerning gems and their practical and experimental use. His life's task is recovering the Gems of Sovernall, which he refers to as the Good Old Gems.
He found evidence that in times long forgotten gems were crafted with immense skill, and for undiscovered reasons that knowledge was lost (in other words, "they don't make gems like they used to"). Johann wants to recover these fine specimens of exquisite craftsmanship and convince his peers that the ancient gem crafting techniques are real, and the Order should make every effort to recover them.
Attachments:
gog.png (160 Kb)
I like it, nice artwork Venom!
I hope I made it in time! The work is a bit rushed and not finished but I think there is enough present for people to join the dots...

This is the clear embodiment of GOG and I don't think there can be any argument there. From his warm eyes right down to his hideous clawed feet, this fellow screams " I AM the GOG hero and pick me as the winner".

Good day to you all.
Attachments:
goghero.jpg (286 Kb)
essakia: I like it, nice artwork Venom!
Thank you :) Larian Studios and GOG are the good guys in gaming for sure, so their cooperation made me really happy. Just had to throw in my 2 cents :)
So I'm confused. Do we still have a day left to submit? The wording on the deadline was a little confusing.
Is it today before midnight? Or was it yesterday before midnight?
Post edited November 07, 2015 by meisjoe
meisjoe: So I'm confused. Do we still have a day left to submit? The wording on the deadline was a little confusing.
I would treat it as the later of the two possibilities.

It would be a dirty trick for GOG to use ambiguous language and then reject entries submitted between the two interpretations. i don't think they'd do that [intentionally].
meisjoe: So I'm confused. Do we still have a day left to submit? The wording on the deadline was a little confusing.
grimwerk: I would treat it as the later of the two possibilities.

It would be a dirty trick for GOG to use ambiguous language and then reject entries submitted between the two interpretations. i don't think they'd do that [intentionally].
No, it means what it says.

Edit: the Birthday Rap Battle Contest is still open BTW - nobody closed it!
Post edited November 07, 2015 by Sachys
Sachys: No, it means what it says.
The Goddess of Clarifications welcomes your tribute.
Sachys: No, it means what it says.
grimwerk: The Goddess of Clarifications welcomes your tribute.
as do the GOGbears of obfusciation!

(opens wallet for input... finds none from those little cuntybassas!)
I guess I'll post this. Not sure if the deadline has passed or not but it's all for fun anyway. My idea for this guy was a gambler. Thought the idea of a gamer would be kind of neat, considering its GOG.
Post edited January 19, 2016 by meisjoe
Made a minor adjustment. Boots were too shiny. :)
meisjoe: Made a minor adjustment. Boots were too shiny. :)
Wow, such good entries.
Btw, he's a bit sad :P
meisjoe: Made a minor adjustment. Boots were too shiny. :)
phaolo: Wow, such good entries.
Btw, he's a bit sad :P
Thanks! He's not sad. That's his "smolder" (Tangled). Honestly I didnt even notice that he looked sad. Just for you, I did a happy version. Be happy! :)
meisjoe: Honestly I didnt even notice that he looked sad. Just for you, I did a happy version. Be happy! :)
Hehe, that's better ; )