It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CONTEST

We want you to make your own concept art for Divinity Original Sin 2's #GOGHero - draw it, photoshop it, finger paint it, whatever you think works best. Give the #GOGHero their look and win gaming goodies. As always, together with Larian Studios - we'll be going over all the entries and looking for fresh ideas to implement into the final character design.

HOW TO ENTER:
-- Create your own concept art for the #GOGHero - whatever medium you choose, just make sure you can save it as a good quality image.
-- Embed or link your image in the forum comments.
-- Wait impatiently.

PRIZES:

The winner will receive a brand-new ROCCAT Kova gaming mouse.

But as always, we also reserve the right to award honorable mentions with GOG.com game codes and other goodies!

RULES:

-- One entry per person!
-- Embed or link to your image in the forum comments.
-- Your first entry submitted to the contest counts - make it a good one!
-- Submit your entry before November 7 12:00 AM GMT to be eligible for a win!

Not sure what it's all about?

Have you heard the word?
The word is that we get the chance to work with Larian Studios to design an NPC character in their about-to-win-kickstarter sequel, <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span> - a unique in-game character, the #GOGHero, complete with a backstory and private motivations to intertwine with the players' fates.

Well. YOU get to design them.

Because the more is always the merrier, we're handing the #GOGHero over to you, the gamers, and everyone is welcome to pitch in with their ideas! The entire gaming community is invited to a massive brainstorming session with Larian Studios & GOG.com, and to submit their own ideas for the upcoming character.

For a touch of authenticity, Larian is providing official guidelines to work with - just like the ones they use during development. Fun, but optional:

--Each character has 3 major traits: Vanity, aggression, pride, self-confidence, racist towards dwarves/elves/humans/orcs/sourcerers...
--1 Quirk or Eccentricity: A predilection for dogs in leather boots, refuses to face north for religious reasons, in denial about his singing.
--One Fear/Loss/Block/Wound: Something traumatic in their background for which they are compensating in some way, or which drives them to do something normal people don't. His wife was killed in a tragic accident and now he's a kamikaze detective with a death wish. His parents were murdered by a criminal so now he's a vigilante crime-fighter. He's terrified of intimacy so treats women terribly. That kind of thing.
--Race: Human, dwarf, elf, lizard, undead.
--Background: Gender, age, job function, loyalties.

Throughout the brainstorm, the team from Larian, including creative director Swen Vincke among others, will be joining in us to browse, weigh in, and search for inspiration! Finally, when the time comes, they'll design three final characters combining the awesomest ideas, complete with official concept art and backstory. Once again, the #GOGHero will be placed in your hands with an official vote to chose the favorite champion from the three proposals. The winning character will go on to become the community-made, full-featured NPC in Divinity 2: Original Sin.
Post edited January 18, 2016 by GOG.com
cool
Okay, made a female scundrel. Took me forever to decide on her outfit!
Attachments:
KasperHviid: Okay, made a female scundrel. Took me forever to decide on her outfit!
I like her hair! :)
Five thousand hours in MS Paint.

Don't click unless you are absolutely ready to be awed.
Attachments:
Funny you should draw a monk. When my scoundrels background came to me, a monk made is appearence:

“As a young girl, she once stole a precious stone. Someone - either herself or a member of her family - immediately confessed the crime. The caused the owner of the stone to demand a concrete penance from her, something which aggravated her older brother. A fight broke out. She fled the scene, never to return home. Meeting a monk, she used a crude combination of insistent begging and affectionate promises to convinced him to give her his robe. Dressed thus, she became one of the villages beggars. She later turned to burglary and various other crimes. While she is considered highly skilled, her greedy and unpredictable nature makes her an ally to be treated with the same caution as ones enemies. Also, one should not ask about her family background.”

Anyway, here's a mash-up which shows how the characters might look in-game:
Attachments:
fight.jpg (247 Kb)
havent drawn in ages so apologies to all, but what they hay... here goes

this is a quick sketch of my Rogue Thief Natashka (http://www.gog.com/forum/general/design_the_goghero_in_divinity_original_sin_2_9e401/page3).

Her thieving philosophy is to hide in plain sight, hence her hurdy gurdy colorful attire, which has been known to bedazzle and confuse authorities with the many clashing garish colors. Guards often rush past her in hot pursuit of some dark thief, never once considering this strumpet as a suspect. heh

Fast with a bow but even more deadly with thrown knives Natashka is dependent on her avoidance skills as she has very light armor. If confronted in a fight her favorite tactic is to run, dodge and roll to range distance whereby she can commence a barrage of arrows and knives. However, it usually only takes one to two shots to bring down most opponents as her accuracy is very good. When in stealth, she can slip up behind a target and cut their throats in a devastating attack. If she has no taste for blood or against a formidable foe she can slow enemies with a basic demoralize spell for which she trained hard to learn and is the extent of her magical abilities, tho she would dearly love to learn more.

Tucked into her rucksack is a small lute which if badgered she will pull out and play a ditty for her friends, her voice a surprisingly good alto, she is secretly pleased that they asked and frequently dropped obvious hints for them to beg her for a song.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/susieloo/22515671722/in/photostream/
Post edited October 28, 2015 by mintee
Listen to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jqdwkt3gDU
Open the picture.
Profit??
Attachments:
gog_hero.png (193 Kb)
KasperHviid: Anyway, here's a mash-up which shows how the characters might look in-game:
Nice artwork. When I first watched it yesterday I was laughing so hard.
My entry for the contest.

I tried to write a little story but as english is not my first language, I hope you'll understand :)

Duerin and the Black Diamond.

He was born with a strange disease for a dwarf. An allergy condition to all kinds of metal which make him suffer badly during his childhood in the underground city of Amârdrin. That city well known for his giant blacksmith industry wasn't a healthy place for an ill dwarf kid to live in. Like his father Duerin wanted to become a talented blacksmith, but the gods had other plans... His parents were forced to send him to Grimmdur where he could learn the art of jewellery with the most skillful masters. With tears in his eyes Duerin had to leave his beloved city and family to make his way to Grimmdur.

After several years as a stone-cutter and architect apprentice, he discovered gradually how to listen and speak to stones. People starts to call him the stone-whisperer. For Duerin each stone has differents things to say, secrets to reveal and stories to tell.
An elf came to his shop one day to show him a very little fragment of a giant Black Diamond. That elf wanted to know where the rest of that giant crystal was now... but for the first time of his life Duerin couldn't understand the language of the stone and the elf return from where he came from.

Intrigated by this encounter the dwarf couldn't sleep anymore. The strange language and appearance of that black stone possessed him. The day after the clients could read a sign at the front door of his shop ; CLOSED.

At the entrance of Triyian Cave, a campfire was lit by a large dwarf silhouette. The flames are creating strange dancing shadows on the trees surronding the area. Another shadow anxiously look at the scene, asking himself what to do for the next part of his unprepared plan...

Name : Duerin Kalddun
Surname : Duerin BlackDiamond
Job : Stone-Cutter, Jeweller, Architect
Traits : Impulsive, Narrow Minded, No religion.
Attachments:
Post edited November 01, 2015 by essakia
essakia: My entry for the contest.
Ah, this has now become a contest with images? I didn't know that O_o
Anyway nice pic essakia!
essakia: My entry for the contest.
phaolo: Ah, this has now become a contest with images? I didn't know that O_o
Anyway nice pic essakia!
Thank you for the appreciation, I did it for fun :)
About the pics, it's written in the annoucement : Create your own concept art for the #GOGHero - whatever medium you choose.
essakia: About the pics, it's written in the annoucement : Create your own concept art for the #GOGHero - whatever medium you choose.
Eh but Gog must have edited the OP.
Only the last paragraphs were present at first.
Unfortunately I don't have any drawing skills, so I took a pic from the www & photoscape'd it (attachement). Source (I don't hold any rights to this): http://www.larping.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/906404_359209237522865_1963965586_o.jpg

Name: Borknar Battleborn
Race: Dwarf
Occupation/Job: Fighter

Traits: Pride, despicable behavior towards elves & women, weary of sorcery, Drinks too much

Quirk: Dwarven version of a midlife crisis with some elemental questions: Did I really drink all the ale I could have drunken so far? Could I have killed more orcs? Why did I buy this golden axe again?

Fear/Loss/Block/Wound: Love. He's terrified of falling in love so he behaves despicable towards women. Especially the ones he kind of likes.

"I am made from sin & stone
my axe, it crushes skin & bone
I wear the battalions’ bloody scarf
Oh yes, I am an ever drunken dwarf!"

Borknar has a military background and fought more than battle in the past. Why he left the army and now strolls through the lands is something he keeps to himself. What he likes to share is the story of his birth, which supposedly happened in the midst of a great battle between dwarfs & orcs.
Being battle born he also claims that he started to slaughter pests in the stock tunnels of his home town as soon as he could walk. Admittedly he was banned from the area after 'accidentally' falling into a mead tub as a whippersnapper.
What his beef with females is may only be guessed at the beginning, but can be revealed later...

NPC: So what's your problem anyway?
BB: Nothing.
NPC: There's something. Spit it out dwarf.
BB: Had traveling buddy ones...
NPC: What happened, did he die?
BB: Worse!
NPC: What's worse than dying?
BB: Met a girl...
NPC: Really?
BB: Yeah, and became... no I cannot say it, it's too horrible...
NPC: What?
BB: Became a pa... pac...
NPC: Pack mule?
BB: Pacifist! Said he was done with all the killing. Quit drinking too. Got a bunch of kids. Worse fate ever. Wouldn't wish it to my sworn enemy... - silent sobbing -
Attachments:
Post edited November 02, 2015 by Greenwhite
since gog still stays a flabby, fat and hairy ass regarding all the forum and security problems. i suggest this as goghero
Attachments:
concept.jpg (56 Kb)
Here is my entry:

Name: Gui’havn
Race: Elf
Background/Loss: For years, Gui’havn’s village had been plagued by undead attacks. As a ranger, he was patrolling the lands for undead attacks. One evening, he was ambushed, knocked out, and left bleeding on the ground. When he came to and returned to hist village, he saw the mangled corpses of his family and friends. The stress of this drove him mad, so that now he suffers from a variation of “walking corpse” syndrome where he actually believes that he now one of his nemeses – an undead. Since then, Gui’havn has sought a cure to his affliction, seeking a way to become living again. He has recently heard rumors that Source may hold the key to making an undead living again.
Traits: proud, fearless, introverted
Quirk: an elf who erroneously believes himself to be undead
Attachments: