It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
vsr: I might pick these up in future only out of respect of supporting Linux, if following conditions will be met:

1) they'll be polished to the same level as classic versions;
2) good "LGBT-Be-Gone" mod will be released.
Hammer49: Someone already made that mod: http://www.moddb.com/games/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition/downloads/siege-of-dragonspear-corrections

"Filename: Social_Justice_Cleanser.zip"

I couldn't help but giggle.
I found another mod, which removes LGBT propaganda for both BG:EE and BG2:EE:
Disable Enhanced Edition NPCs 3.1.

Although it removes only new characters. It will not restore characters like Safana to theirs primordial state.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: So, if i want to stay with only the good old stuff, do i have to get rid of the new, intrusive garbage? Honestly, after Dragonspear, i consider it a disgrace to both BG and good old games, to have the EEs inside my library, a real insult, like a sacrilege. Let alone for them to absorb the originals, nonetheless...
No, in my opinion. You bought a regular BG:EE/BG2:EE editions, not a "Definitive" one.
After 29th of April there will be only "Definitive" edition. And it's owners will have Classics as bonus goodies. I understood it just like that.

Also, GOG said:
If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.
low rated
RawSteelUT: What I don't get is why aggressive political hacks on the left need to inject their very modern politics on what was hitherto an apolitical existing franchise.

To be CLEAR AS CRYSTAL, I'm NOT anti-LBGT, and am often frustrated that most modern feminism tends to be of the 3rd wave, TERF variety.

HOWEVER, there is a danger in ham-fisted insertion of political preaching in any work. To influence people and not annoy them, a compelling story must be presented, and the player shouldn't be told from the outset what a horrible person s/he is.

Now this isn't to say the player should never be made uncomfortable. Spec Ops: The Line trades on making the player squirm in his/her seat to GREAT effect. But it does so by presenting itself raw, without the developer lecturing users, leaving them to fill in the dots themselves. As a result, Spec Ops: The Line is far less likely to alienate people than, say, Sunset or Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

Unfortunately, most indie developers see fit to tell the player that s/he is a disgusting sack of shit unless they're a hard-line leftist. Being center-left myself, it makes indie games far, FAR less appealing than they would be if said developers showed any restraint at all.
If you actually look at the lines people are complaining about, you'll see that it's not ham-fisted at all.

Minsc was always the meme-joke character. Now he's got a more modern meme.

In order to find out the trans character is trans, you have to specifically ask them about their name and life. All the people claiming it's 'in your face' have either not played the game or were so shocked by having a transperson in a game they're misremembering. It's a couple layers down their conversation tree.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: So, if i want to stay with only the good old stuff, do i have to get rid of the new, intrusive garbage? Honestly, after Dragonspear, i consider it a disgrace to both BG and good old games, to have the EEs inside my library, a real insult, like a sacrilege. Let alone for them to absorb the originals, nonetheless...
vsr: No, in my opinion. You bought a regular BG:EE/BG2:EE editions, not a "Definitive" one.
After 29th of April there will be only "Definitive" edition. And it's owners will have Classics as bonus goodies. I understood it just like that.

Also, GOG said:
If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.
Thanks for the clarification!
high rated
RawSteelUT: What I don't get is why aggressive political hacks on the left need to inject their very modern politics on what was hitherto an apolitical existing franchise.

To be CLEAR AS CRYSTAL, I'm NOT anti-LBGT, and am often frustrated that most modern feminism tends to be of the 3rd wave, TERF variety.

HOWEVER, there is a danger in ham-fisted insertion of political preaching in any work. To influence people and not annoy them, a compelling story must be presented, and the player shouldn't be told from the outset what a horrible person s/he is.

Now this isn't to say the player should never be made uncomfortable. Spec Ops: The Line trades on making the player squirm in his/her seat to GREAT effect. But it does so by presenting itself raw, without the developer lecturing users, leaving them to fill in the dots themselves. As a result, Spec Ops: The Line is far less likely to alienate people than, say, Sunset or Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

Unfortunately, most indie developers see fit to tell the player that s/he is a disgusting sack of shit unless they're a hard-line leftist. Being center-left myself, it makes indie games far, FAR less appealing than they would be if said developers showed any restraint at all.
Gilozard: If you actually look at the lines people are complaining about, you'll see that it's not ham-fisted at all.

Minsc was always the meme-joke character. Now he's got a more modern meme.

In order to find out the trans character is trans, you have to specifically ask them about their name and life. All the people claiming it's 'in your face' have either not played the game or were so shocked by having a transperson in a game they're misremembering. It's a couple layers down their conversation tree.
Here is a criticism from a transgender women. Jinx
http://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/0/371918937272938521/#p18

I don't know how to link GoG review so I have copy paste them here.

There's a review from a transgender women. Wytchblade.

This 'product' has many problems and people have properly divulged them but I wanted to add in my voice, being a transgender woman myself. That character they added is atrocious and apparently the "writers" have never even met a sane trans-woman.

They seem to think for us, our gender/sexuality is ALL we have, all that we are. It's understandable that people would despise such a poorly written character, but I fear it will only help to reflect badly on people who really have this condition and struggle with it continuously.

Furthermore, being trans is hardly as much fun as they seem to believe, and I really wish I would not have to deal with this nonsense in a game like that. When I enter a fantasy world I can play a real born woman, which is what I want to be, and not deal with my past. Neither should anyone else when they play games to unwind and have fun. It's easy to understand why this stuff causes some people discomfort, heck, it even does, to myself in a way. I just.. have no words.

While feigning to be progressive, tolerant, and understanding, people like these who ruin good old games in such a way are in truth, the most ignorant lot of them all. Avoid this. Avoid it like it's full of syphilis and make the creators learn that no one wants to be lectured by imbeciles.
And another review from a gay. darthzashley

More pertinent to me than any SJW themes themselves is that it genuinely appears that they outsourced the writing of this expansion to the internet. The dialogue has the wit and nuance of the average Disqus comment section, which causes all of the virtue signaling to look incredibly shallow and ham-fisted, included for the sole purpose of being able to say that they included it. I don't feel like you could actually put less effort into this.

As an actual gay person (who considers themselves to have an identity beyond 'being gay'), I honestly think it's kind of patronizing. Their 'inclusiveness' is the gaming equivalent of one of those obnoxious facebook morality memes (you know the ones: "Like and Share if you think solving world hunger is important, IGNORE IF YOU WANT MILLIONS OF CHILDREN TO STARVE TO DEATH"). Some people will complain about this stuff no matter what. People objected to 'Pray the Gay Away: Dragon Age Edition' as an entire character arc in Dragon Age: Inquisition, but I thought it was worked into the narrative fairly well, had quality dialogue and delivery, and as a result was able to display real gravitas. There is nothing of that here. You will find more moving dialogue following an absolutely random person on twitter.

On top of that, this expansion breaks several mods, the multiplayer is currently unplayable, the graphics with the upgrade are (absurdly) WORSE than the graphics of the original (and consider this: a child born at the launch of Baldur's Gate is currently graduating high school...so that's a real accomplishment), and several characters from the original game have become utterly milquetoast, because a female character having any personality trait or characteristic other than 'empowered' (subtrait: 'sassy') is now considered to be sexist.

Terrible cash grab of an expansion to Baldur's Gate, terrible game in its own right. I honestly struggle to find anything redeeming in it at all.
Are you a better judge than these LGBT people?

If they wanted to include a good transexual character, they should have hired the guy who wrote the Edwin Romance mod (which included a Edwina romance).
Post edited April 12, 2016 by Gnostic
Do two LGBT people equal the LGBT community?
wyrenn: Do two LGBT people equal the LGBT community?
Ok my bad then, I should said if 3 LGBT people comments I see before I stop looking for more complain about the LGBT stuff written by Amber Scott. Should more believable that the writing sucks compare to people who have a political agenda to push.
Is Amber Scott this one?

https://twitter.com/BigMommaScott?protected_redirect=true
https://twitter.com/thebeambard?protected_redirect=true

Now we know where she (or he? or it?) lives and that she (or he? or it?) likes to sing (gods have mercy!)
Post edited April 12, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Now we know where she (or he? or it?) lives
That sounds ominous..
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Now we know where she (or he? or it?) lives
phaolo: That sounds ominous..
Yeah, very ominous. If i had the money for a flight to Canada, i had in mind far better places to visit and for a much more "resourceful" cause... I wouldn't visit that even if it payed me up to do so!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada? I'd rather visit my TinyE in Quebec.
Post edited April 12, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Havent followed the whole thread, but can someone point me to a thread with current discussions about mods which work with the original and get them up on par (if not better) than the EE?
Niggles: Havent followed the whole thread, but can someone point me to a thread with current discussions about mods which work with the original and get them up on par (if not better) than the EE?
There are no such mods. Most quality of life features beamdog has added can't be modded into the game, the only thing you can really do via mods is to transfer BG1 into BG2 engine (BG Trilogy, TuTu) and install high resolution patches + you can install mods for tweaks and bug fixes.
low rated
Niggles: Havent followed the whole thread, but can someone point me to a thread with current discussions about mods which work with the original and get them up on par (if not better) than the EE?
Here's a Spellhold Studios thread describing how to setup a mega mod that is specifically written for the original Infinity Engine games. BiG World Setup will automate the downloading and installation of multiple mods on both the original and Enhanced Editions of the Infinity Engine games including correct setup order of mods and warning of potential incompatibilities between conflicting mods. On GOG there's this thread. Whether or not doing all this makes the original games on par or better than the Enhanced Editions is obviously a subjunctive opinion that each individual would have to answer for themselves.
Updated Baldur's Gate 1 &amp; 2 - Works w/ GOG.com versions and addresses a few things that have stopped working on the (great) original guide
http://www.shsforums.net/topic/44661-big-world-project-bwp-v90/
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44476/tool-big-world-setup-bws-mod-manager-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-trilogy-for-windows/p1
https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/a_conservative_modders_gui/page1
https://www.reddit.com/r/moddingguides/comments/hzuxv/updated_baldurs_gate_1_2_works_w_gogcom_versions/

For the Enhanced Editions I found this list, but I haven't personally tried any of them myself; I'm still waiting for Enhanced Edition Trilogy to be finished.

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50340/bg-ee-2-0-and-siege-of-dragonspear-compatible-mods/p1
Post edited April 12, 2016 by ValamirCleaver
ValamirCleaver: Whether or not doing all this makes the original games on par or better than the Enhanced Editions is obviously a subjunctive opinion that each individual would have to answer for themselves.
All right, objectively:
- You won't get the zoom functionality
- You won't get colored selection circles to more easily tell your party members apart in conflict (I'd kill for that in Pillars of Eternity)
- You won't get to display health bars above opponents, RTS-style
- You won't get the possibility to put combination of one-handed weapon/shield and two-handed weapons to quick slots
And these are the changes I personally know of without playing the game and I'm pretty sure there's no modded alternative. Unless you're a massive purist, I don't see how would these features be objectively worse.
Fenixp: - You won't get the zoom functionality
- You won't get colored selection circles to more easily tell your party members apart in conflict (I'd kill for that in Pillars of Eternity)
- You won't get to display health bars above opponents, RTS-style
- You won't get the possibility to put combination of one-handed weapon/shield and two-handed weapons to quick slots
zoom -> why is this useful?
party selection -> it's hard to get confused with green vs red circles.
enemy health -> useful, but a bit more "realistic" without it.
quick slots -> nice, but I didn't often swap weapon in BG.