It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As of the pre-order launch for Phantom Liberty, we’d like to inform you about the update to the current system requirements, to ensure that players have a better understanding of what will be needed to run Cyberpunk 2077, and make it easy to assess the expected performance. These changes will take effect following the next update to the base game, no earlier than 90 days, and also apply to Phantom Liberty.

The new system requirements are designed to be more up to date, adding support to new GPUs not available at launch, and targeting a resolution output of either 1080p or 4K for specific in-game presets.

The changes to the minimum requirements are a reflection of our new standard of requirements, which we believe better represent the minimum PC configuration required to run the game at 1080p, while maintaining an average of 30 FPS at low preset. The reason for making these changes is that updating the requirements is an important part of the game improvement process, and of enhancing and adding new features.

One of the changes is the choice to stop supporting HDDs for the minimum requirements – SSDs offer faster loading times, improved streaming, and better overall performance when compared to HDDs.

It's important to highlight that it doesn't mean the game will stop working on the previous minimum requirements. However, following the next update to the base game, active support for them will be discontinued, and testing the game on those setups stopped.

The presented FPS data is based on internal testing. Performance may vary depending on your particular PC hardware and software configuration, any changes made to individual graphics settings or resolution output.

You can check out the updated system requirements below:

See you in Night City!
Sithlordslim: Unfortunately for these guys (GOG/STEAM/CDPR), I'm not dropping $30 on an expansion that I paid the same price for on the base game.
When Diablo 4 sells a Necromancer Skin for $28 and Horse Armour for $16, suddenly $30 for a large expansion doesn't seem too bad.
Looks nice but preordering....nah sorry. There's probably gonna be some ironing out needed again after release ;)
Post edited June 12, 2023 by Reaper9988
The minimum system requirements for this DLC will be unplayable on my November 2022 built system.
CPU in build - Core i5-10400
Min CPU for the DLC - Core i7-6400
Games drive in build - 4Tb HDD
DLC required drive - SSD
So to play the DLC I'd have to do another new system build. No way I can afford that till maybe 2025 at the earliest.
Themken: For the price of a cinema ticket you can pick up an SSD.

The game should work without as long as you have enough RAM and VRAM (video RAM). The occasional stutter as you move around is to be expected but this has been a problem with hard disk drives for twenty years in certain games already so nothing new.

Which is better in Cyberpunk 2077: Fast memory or tight RAM timings?
Not in my area, if anything the price of SSD's have gone up in the last year in my region and they may go higher unless you are getting a drive from a shady website or company. Standard HDD's are the only thing that someone can consider affordable and reliable at the moment.

The game should work without as long as you have enough RAM and VRAM (video RAM). The occasional stutter as you move around is to be expected but this has been a problem with hard disk drives for twenty years in certain games already so nothing new.

wolfsite: Not in my area, if anything the price of SSD's have gone up in the last year in my region and they may go higher unless you are getting a drive from a shady website or company. Standard HDD's are the only thing that someone can consider affordable and reliable at the moment.
Price to capacity is why I went with the HDD in my November 2022 build.
Back when I did the build, a cinema ticket was still less than half the price of a 256Gb SSD here in Australia. A 256Gb SSD is simply far too small to be a viable capacity drive for anything other than OS boot.
Looking at prices now, the 256Gb SSD prices haven't changed any.
So Themken's claim on SSD prices is full of utter garbage.
Sithlordslim: Unfortunately for these guys (GOG/STEAM/CDPR), I'm not dropping $30 on an expansion that I paid the same price for on the base game.
SargonAelther: When Diablo 4 sells a Necromancer Skin for $28 and Horse Armour for $16, suddenly $30 for a large expansion doesn't seem too bad.
Both are bad and neither of them should be supported at all.
high rated
Either you have expensive cinemas or your SSD fell off the back of a truck somewhere.

Regardless, A game expansion should not increase the system requirements from HDD to SSD. In fact, it shouldn't matter if the user has a HDD or SSD. HDDs will routinely give you 30-100 MB/sec transfer rate, so while an SSD will obviously be faster (thus interpreted as "better"), it shouldn't be a requirement.
Post edited June 12, 2023 by cmclout
Only going to buy this because I already bought the game. Won't be able to play it for a long time because 2077 stopped running in 7 with the release of 1.61 DLSS.
SargonAelther: When Diablo 4 sells a Necromancer Skin for $28 and Horse Armour for $16, suddenly $30 for a large expansion doesn't seem too bad.
Arinielle: Both are bad and neither of them should be supported at all.
If it has at least as much content as Blood and Wine, then it's worth it. If it's a 3 hour quest, then it's not.

cmclout: Either you have expensive cinemas or your SSD fell off the back of a truck somewhere.

Regardless, A game expansion should not increase the system requirements from HDD to SSD. In fact, it shouldn't matter if the user has a HDD or SSD. HDDs will routinely give you 30-100 MB/sec transfer rate, so while an SSD will obviously be faster (thus interpreted as "better"), it shouldn't be a requirement.
I would say they should have never officially supported HDDs or last gen consoles in the first place. So much time and effort wasted on something that was never going to work properly. Perhaps if they had concentrated on newer consoles and modern PC hardware, the game would have launched in a better state.

SSDs are very cheap these days too, so I don't understand why you'd use an HDD for anything other than storage.
GOG.com: As of the pre-order launch for Phantom Liberty, we’d like to inform you about the update to the current system requirements, to ensure that players have a better understanding of what will be needed to run Cyberpunk 2077, and make it easy to assess the expected performance. These changes will take effect following the next update to the base game, no earlier than 90 days, and also apply to Phantom Liberty.

The new system requirements are designed to be more up to date, adding support to new GPUs not available at launch, and targeting a resolution output of either 1080p or 4K for specific in-game presets.

The changes to the minimum requirements are a reflection of our new standard of requirements, which we believe better represent the minimum PC configuration required to run the game at 1080p, while maintaining an average of 30 FPS at low preset. The reason for making these changes is that updating the requirements is an important part of the game improvement process, and of enhancing and adding new features.

One of the changes is the choice to stop supporting HDDs for the minimum requirements – SSDs offer faster loading times, improved streaming, and better overall performance when compared to HDDs.

It's important to highlight that it doesn't mean the game will stop working on the previous minimum requirements. However, following the next update to the base game, active support for them will be discontinued, and testing the game on those setups stopped.

The presented FPS data is based on internal testing. Performance may vary depending on your particular PC hardware and software configuration, any changes made to individual graphics settings or resolution output.

You can check out the updated system requirements below:

See you in Night City!
Well, guess i'll have to wait until i have a new GPU to play this expansion. Played the base game with high settings on my GTX 1060 6gb, got a good experience and not many frame rate drops, i can't stand playing a game in lower than medium settings.
Matruchus: Where are the requirements for 1440p?
Sithlordslim: Between 1080 and 4k.
Then use your judgement on those settings in-between.
comradegarry: Well now I have a good reason not to buy the expansion given that my RX570 4GB isn't even supported on the low 30fps end of things..
Sithlordslim: The RX 580 8gb should be decently cheap, $80-$150 depending on where you go and I have an XFX RX580 8gb and it handled the game fine, the update should prove no different.
Besides, the 4gb difference will help on alot of games, the card does get hot though 85c when it's pushing hard with games like CP2077, Witcher III and just recently FF7 Remake.
I'm not going to spend $85-$150 to run at 30 fps for a $30 Expansion that is going to have more bugs in it than a japanese vending machine. I'm sorry the value isn't there nor is it appetizing. /s
So I spend 30$ on the expansion and 1000$ on a new GPU .... errrr no.
You won't see me in Night City anymore.
The new system requirements for 30FPS and graphic low-res are extrem high! That can't be right.

PS:
I do need a new laptop! Why?
So since my i7-5960X is bellow min requirements now, when it didn't use to, will I always have the option to download the game files with the "previous" min system requirements? I can't totally depend on having the offline files (poop happens).

What I want to know is, whenever you update the game with the updated system requirements, are we going to keep having the option to download the previous ones as offline installers? For those of us who can't afford to have newer systems.

wolfsite: Not in my area, if anything the price of SSD's have gone up in the last year in my region and they may go higher unless you are getting a drive from a shady website or company. Standard HDD's are the only thing that someone can consider affordable and reliable at the moment.
Weird, HDD and SSD prices (should) have dropped during 2023 all over the globe. I got a 6 TB external HDD for around 100€ and could get a 1TB M2/NVME SSD right now for around 50€ as well. And I don't mean used/resold drives.

Maybe try ordering directly from Western Digital or some other manufacturer?
Post edited June 12, 2023 by NuffCatnip