It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As of the pre-order launch for Phantom Liberty, we’d like to inform you about the update to the current system requirements, to ensure that players have a better understanding of what will be needed to run Cyberpunk 2077, and make it easy to assess the expected performance. These changes will take effect following the next update to the base game, no earlier than 90 days, and also apply to Phantom Liberty.

The new system requirements are designed to be more up to date, adding support to new GPUs not available at launch, and targeting a resolution output of either 1080p or 4K for specific in-game presets.

The changes to the minimum requirements are a reflection of our new standard of requirements, which we believe better represent the minimum PC configuration required to run the game at 1080p, while maintaining an average of 30 FPS at low preset. The reason for making these changes is that updating the requirements is an important part of the game improvement process, and of enhancing and adding new features.

One of the changes is the choice to stop supporting HDDs for the minimum requirements – SSDs offer faster loading times, improved streaming, and better overall performance when compared to HDDs.

It's important to highlight that it doesn't mean the game will stop working on the previous minimum requirements. However, following the next update to the base game, active support for them will be discontinued, and testing the game on those setups stopped.

The presented FPS data is based on internal testing. Performance may vary depending on your particular PC hardware and software configuration, any changes made to individual graphics settings or resolution output.

You can check out the updated system requirements below:

See you in Night City!
Well now I have a good reason not to buy the expansion given that my RX570 4GB isn't even supported on the low 30fps end of things..
high rated
For people who don't want to open the news post, here's the link to the picture with the updated system requirements:

https://items.gog.com/2023JUNE/REQUIREMENTS.jpg
high rated
3 cp posts in a row now, even better. I'm still interested in the game (for $10 for the complete edition a decade from now) but your aggressive spam takes a lot of said interest away.

at least up your fucking rss feed's limit from 8 to 25 so other stuff can be seen, god forbid even from the day before (sometimes can't even catch all the news for the same day with all the 'special' sales announcements).
I guess that's less reason to buy it then. I use a 1TB SSD for my OS, user profile, source code, and other work stuff, but I install my games on my 10TB "bulk data" HDD.
ssokolow: I guess that's less reason to buy it then. I use a 1TB SSD for my OS, user profile, source code, and other work stuff, but I install my games on my 10TB "bulk data" HDD.
Should still be able to run it off of a HDD. I have since switched to a hybrid SSD/HDD model but played the first 12 months after release on a conventional HDD.
Where are the requirements for 1440p?
"One of the changes is the choice to stop supporting HDDs for the minimum requirements – SSDs offer faster loading times, improved streaming, and better overall performance when compared to HDDs.
It's important to highlight that it doesn't mean the game will stop working on the previous minimum requirements. However, following the next update to the base game, active support for them will be discontinued, and testing the game on those setups stopped."

You've got to be kidding me. So if my game should stop working correctly on my HDD after a certain update it is my fault? I really have to stop supporting CDPR ... first the rewards crap then the Witcher complete OL installers with all languages in it and now this ...
CDP had already permanently lost my day one support a while ago, but depreciating testing and support for normal hard drives? You'll be lucky if I pick this up on bargain basement discount in a few years.
Post edited June 12, 2023 by ReynardFox
MarkoH01: "One of the changes is the choice to stop supporting HDDs for the minimum requirements – SSDs offer faster loading times, improved streaming, and better overall performance when compared to HDDs.
It's important to highlight that it doesn't mean the game will stop working on the previous minimum requirements. However, following the next update to the base game, active support for them will be discontinued, and testing the game on those setups stopped."

You've got to be kidding me. So if my game should stop working correctly on my HDD after a certain update it is my fault? I really have to stop supporting CDPR ... first the rewards crap then the Witcher complete OL installers with all languages in it and now this ...
It's really something to see the Cyberpunk dumpster fire keep on giving even after all this time.
For the price of a cinema ticket you can pick up an SSD.

The game should work without as long as you have enough RAM and VRAM (video RAM). The occasional stutter as you move around is to be expected but this has been a problem with hard disk drives for twenty years in certain games already so nothing new.

Which is better in Cyberpunk 2077: Fast memory or tight RAM timings?
MarkoH01: You've got to be kidding me. So if my game should stop working correctly on my HDD after a certain update it is my fault?
Well, I do have sympathy for you.

At the same time, I think they did originally misjudge the game's requirements (that's bad) and are now correcting the mistake (that's good). What can you do if you discover that your ambitious game really does require a bit more oomph than you thought it would, and you just can't optimize it enough for the old minimums to stay relevant? They can't just keep telling everyone that it'll be fine with the old minimums if it actually isn't!

And I sure wouldn't want to see improvements & new features to the game being left out just because the original specs were too low...

But that would probably be the only option if they couldn't update the requirements! Game handicapped forever because of a silly little misjudgement in the past?

Or, they could just not update it at all.. but I think most players will welcome whatever new features and improvements there are in store, even if the min spec system can't handle it. The fact that they've kept improving the game is the only reason I'm still (somewhat) interested in it and may consider purchasing it at some point in the future.

That said, I think they should at the very least give everyone the option to download the older build (before specs change). WITHOUT GALAXY ffs.
One of the changes is the choice to stop supporting HDDs for the minimum requirements – SSDs offer faster loading times, improved streaming, and better overall performance when compared to HDDs.
Does that mean that galaxy will finally get support for moving games to different disk? I do have big enough ssd to fit CP2077 now (yes there are workarounds, it's still PITA).
Matruchus: Where are the requirements for 1440p?
Between 1080 and 4k.
Then use your judgement on those settings in-between.
comradegarry: Well now I have a good reason not to buy the expansion given that my RX570 4GB isn't even supported on the low 30fps end of things..
The RX 580 8gb should be decently cheap, $80-$150 depending on where you go and I have an XFX RX580 8gb and it handled the game fine, the update should prove no different.
Besides, the 4gb difference will help on alot of games, the card does get hot though 85c when it's pushing hard with games like CP2077, Witcher III and just recently FF7 Remake.
Post edited June 12, 2023 by Sithlordslim
Unfortunately for these guys (GOG/STEAM/CDPR), I'm not dropping $30 on an expansion that I paid the same price for on the base game.
If it were 1/2 that price and less, then I wouldn't stress.
However these companies wanna press this test called patience.
If it takes 2 years for a price drop, no problem.
I've got too many games that go over the 35-70gb size as it is, I've got no option but to get a 2TB regardless...