It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CD Projekt Red’s next game supposedly has more people working on it than The Witcher 3 ever did, however little else is known about Cyberpunk 2077 beyond its tabletop roots. Geralt’s last outing set the bar high with regards to open-world exploration, and it seems the Polish studio is keen to keep this momentum going, having applied for grants via the Polish GameINN programme for various technologies, including ‘City Creation’, ‘Animation Excellence’, ‘Cinematic Feel’, and ‘Seamless Multiplayer.’

(Source)

So what do you think? Will Cyberpunk 2077 be something we will drop our jaws at when we play it or will it be something really overhyped?
I just hope single player won't suffer because of the "seamless multiplayer" which I don't care about at all.
If it had LOCAL multiplayer, I'd buy two copies the second it was released.

There is a dire lack of Story led Co-op games. Me and the misses have thoroughly enjoyed Dying Light in multiplayer, and will be playing SR3 once we've fully explorered Dying light.
Prah: ...
So what do you think? Will Cyberpunk 2077 be something we will drop our jaws at when we play it or will it be something really overhyped?
Nobody can really know concusively for sure of course. All we have to really base an opinion on is their past performance, of which they produced a pretty good game (The Witcher), then went on to produce a rather amazing sequel virtually improving the game in every way and winning awards and accolades along the way. They then went on to produce not only another amazing sequel, but to produce what a great many claim to be not only the best RPG ever made but the best game ever made, also accumulating over 300 awards for the accomplishment. They've made virtually no blunders so far and have largely delivered everything they've meant to deliver over time for the most part. They've made some business mistakes a few times such as the attempt to port The Witcher to consoles which fell through IIRC, but in terms of the actual games they've made they've done quite well and improved greatly each time around.

Based on that highly successful progression, and with nothing to date coming forth in terms of information to suggest they will make a massive blunder and produce a game that falls on its face, I have to assume that they are more likely to produce a game that builds upon their experiences from the past. This is a company that seems to know what they're doing and to learn good things from each project they've worked on in order to make their next project even better.

So yeah, I think Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be something that makes people drop their jaws when it comes out. Whether it enjoys equal or greater success of The Witcher 3 will remain to be seen, but I see no reason why they couldn't pull off such a success as they seem to have great design and development teams, great direction and management, and they seem to love playing games as much as they love making them, as true gamers themselves. They seem driven by passion than purely by dollar signs.

Having said that, I don't think the game has had any hype at all to date really as they've been rather silent about it other than the few presentations they provided years ago. Until they provide updated game footage or a demo or something at E3 or some other expo or otherwise disclose more information I think we're all up to our own creative imaginations as to what they will bring to the table when the game comes out.

So I withhold any solid speculation or judgment until there are substantial facts/data to base a viable opinion upon at least, and even then I'll hold off until the game actually exists and can be purchased because that's what matters in the end - a playable game experience, not speculation or hype. They've earned my trust and respect though, and I have some faith that they will impress.
Seamless multiplayer sounds a bit Dark Souls-y.
Unless it's a full co-op campaign mode I'm not interested in multiplayer.
skeletonbow: <snip>
<Stands and doffs his hat>
Here, Here!
Anyone know whether the game is meant to be primarily single player co op /multiplayer?.. Seamless seems to indicate pushing to the latter :/
Prah: *snip*
What is 'seamless multiplayer' and can I ignore it as a single-player?
I try to not get overhyped. And as long as I don't know about how free character generation will be (like the pen & paper RPG? none; take Cyber-Geralt or gtfo?) and if it will have 3rd person view I lack any basis of getting overhyped (seamless open world exploration craked up to 11 sound like a great foundation though ;) ).

edit:
err... multiplayer? Doh, don't care. Thats usually the part that messes up singleplayer elements so if all it puts a dent in the hypetrain for me.
Post edited September 28, 2016 by anothername
viperfdl: What is 'seamless multiplayer' and can I ignore it as a single-player?
Seamless multi-player is multi-player where the players do not have any seams. :)
Prah: CD Projekt Red’s next game supposedly has more people working on it than The Witcher 3 ever did, however little else is known about Cyberpunk 2077 beyond its tabletop roots. Geralt’s last outing set the bar high with regards to open-world exploration, and it seems the Polish studio is keen to keep this momentum going, having applied for grants via the Polish GameINN programme for various technologies, including ‘City Creation’, ‘Animation Excellence’, ‘Cinematic Feel’, and ‘Seamless Multiplayer.’

(Source)

we'll have to wait and see wont we ?

i dont play to get hyped or even interested untill the game is a product i can buy and or try
Prah: *snip*
viperfdl: What is 'seamless multiplayer' and can I ignore it as a single-player?
If I were a betting man? Drop in / drop out Co-Op.

*Maybe* even drop in / drop out PVP (which would / could be annoying, but DID work in Dark Souls) or maybe even entire "zones" of PVP that you'd just enter and would be populated for multiplayer (think Destiny).
thanks, but I would have used an already existing topic to post, like this:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/any_news_on_cyberpunk_2077

a simple "cyberpunk 2077" brings a lot of entries ;)
Could do without the Dark Souls (Maybe?) multiplayer for me, but I'll probably still get it when it's out
Just keep your multiplayer fully optional, and I'll be happy. Force it on me, in any capacity, and I will stay away from the game without any regrets.
Post edited September 28, 2016 by Breja