It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new adventure awaits.

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, a brand new adventure set in the world of The Witcher, is coming to PC on October 23rd, exclusively via GOG.com.

Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics. Follow the story of battle-hardened queen Meve as she takes up arms against the invading Nilfgaardians. Build an army, embark on epic quests, and discover captivating new stories crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Mark the date, monster-slayers. On October 23rd, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales arrives exclusively at GOG.com.
Exclusives sucks IMO.
Still I'd be happy to see say a 24 hour exclusive on Cyberpunk just to really give GOG the userbase it deserves.

Card games are not really for me I have noticed but I will be willing to play pretty much any abomination of a game just for a quality story.
is it Gwent: The story mode? Because if so it's not really appealing.
Matruchus: So, this is the singleplayer for Gwent?
Description says "set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics", so probably? The puzzle part is figuring out how to defeat the deck I guess.
Post edited September 18, 2018 by qwixter
if i wanna play gwent, i'd just boot up witcher 3 and play against the majordomo. i don't like the bright theme of this version of gwent. i don't think this is going to sell particularly well. i'd like to try it, but it's not something i am willing to pay for especially since "the witcher tales" seems like a category for cheap and nasty witcher content
You lost me at "card battle mechanics". I was interested up 'til that moment.
Post edited September 18, 2018 by DKapple
So, Gog tests the water of "exclusive"?
Interesting. But not the game.
Oh wow, so honoured with a finally not online only copy,
Stick it, and Gwent, and the client they downloaded on.
Alexim: exclusive of Cyberpunk 2077.
Please. C2077 isn't a mickey mouse title like this and of course will be released on all platforms, even your moms potato.
geraltofrivia783: Please release it for Linux as well!
Reglisse: Yep,Linux,please ^^
Well, Gwent itself is Windows-exclusive right now, that makes it unlikely that Linux or MacSupport will drop in in little time. It´s also running on DirectX-renderpath...
...but on long term, yes, CDPR should definitly go for GNU/Linux and MacOs as well.
This was going to just be an add-on to GWENT but they made it a standalone game... which is fantastic!

Here is all the info you need!

I'm on board, i love Gwent and i love the story this is... and on the bonus side its release date is the same day GWENT comes out of beta <3
Yes, another exclusive. Don't know if I'll play it but like that GOG is getting some selling points.

Alexim: I'm glad that Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will be an exclusive of GOG, could be an excellent test for an exclusive of Cyberpunk 2077.
CP2077 would be the real test. The issue isn't whether or not it would sell but whether or not it would sell the platform. Unfortunately I think it might just cause people to use the "trying it" excuse to pirate. HL2 is what really put Steam on the map but HL already had a following. A really good move would be to release a Witcher or CP2077 sequel as an exclusive but GOG is already 15 years late to the game so they may not be thinking it and is rather testing the waters with small titles that don't cost a lot to develop.
Heads-up, there's no DRM free checkmark under the "Notify Me" box like with every other game on here. Also, pretty sneaky that they're avoiding any GWENT references in the descriptions.
hallelujah

Finally exclusivity. I get the feeling this is an extension of the FCKDRM initiative. I seriously hope so because we need a full fledged crusader in the industry to rally the people behind in this war of attrition against all gamers.
high rated
Alexim: I'm glad that Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will be an exclusive of GOG, could be an excellent test for an exclusive of Cyberpunk 2077.
How about no? While it's always nice to root for the "underdog", exclusives are still a crap business tactic. Customers should have the option to use whichever platform they prefer. And if a business wants to attract more customers to their platform, they should earn them, by providing a superior experience over their competitors. Sadly most prefer to take the easy route, with exclusives, bait and lock-in tactics, but if GOG/CD Projekt really want to be better than Microsoft, Valve, Sony etc., that's not the route they should take.
Hope it will be same or very similar to the Witcher 3 Gwent. I dont like the new Gwent they released, its too confusing. The old Gwent was simple and fun. You dont have to beautify the new Gwent - Thronebreaker. Would enjoy it if it will be the same or similar to The Witcher 3. Also hope that that update Homecomming will turn the it old Gwent, cause im getting lost - Too many cards, too many special powers. In The Witcher 3 it was simple - Just Fog, Rain, Frost and the Skellige Storm. Definitely would enjoy to see the good old Gwent.