It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take command of an army in a turn-based strategy set in the dramatic period of WW2!

Strategic Mind: Blitzkrieg is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM. The game brings a modern look and new features to a wargame genre. You will have the opportunity to command ground, air, and naval forces with the emphasis on the land battles.
Radiance1979: I am talking about the panzer general model. persistent army core, unit veterancy, campaign based structure. In that it follows the rules perfectly. Modern games seemed to have cut down on the content, either replacing this with a quality 30 to 40 houred scripted game ( of sorts ) or throw the DLC towel ( such as Order of Battle )

I belief this to be the third game of the company having build upon a player foundation, might as well try out one of their earlier games during a sale or something to see if your comment holds any merit
German-campaign as only content of this game is officialy confirmed by developer:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1200330/discussions/0/1736636227800430659/#c1736636415852486323

There is some vague promise about Allied campaign "in the future", but that's it.
Post edited April 21, 2020 by MartiusR
low rated
Wishmaster777: Ah, the reaction of the reds. It is priceless. This game literally blitzkrieged through the Gog community.
Drevnek: I really hope you are just an edgelord trying to be funny.
Your reaction has confirmed my statement. And that one of the other Polish boi. :-)
Breja: Did I seriously get downvoted for not wanting to play as a nazi? :D

EDIT: Yes guys! Push that red button! For the Vaterland!
My guess would be you got downvoted because your original post added a rather unnecessary Holocaust strawman. And then you edited that out and tried to pretend you are a poor vicitim.

I did not downvote any of your posts in this thread but considering that I'm sure as hell not going to counterbalance the red either.

Returning to the topic at hand, as a general rule I don't do WW2, whether in video games, board games or the table top. Give my science fiction or fantasy or at least a historical settings suitably further in the past.
That said, I find the suggestion that whoever likes the game announced here must be a (closet) Nazi completely laughable. In my experience there is a lot of correlation between the intended audience and some traits, but extremely seldom actual political conviction.
Some moderator action was needed, so a reminder seems to be in order.

Commentary about a game is generally welcome.
Commentary about real life politics is not welcome.

Commentary about politics in games, (especially a game like this) is allowed, but it is a fine line to walk. (Mostly) ya'll have been doing well in walking it; thank you and good job.
Breja: Did I seriously get downvoted for not wanting to play as a nazi? :D

EDIT: Yes guys! Push that red button! For the Vaterland!
BitMaster_1980: My guess would be you got downvoted because your original post added a rather unnecessary Holocaust strawman. And then you edited that out and tried to pretend you are a poor vicitim.

I did not downvote any of your posts in this thread but considering that I'm sure as hell not going to counterbalance the red either.

Returning to the topic at hand, as a general rule I don't do WW2, whether in video games, board games or the table top. Give my science fiction or fantasy or at least a historical settings suitably further in the past.
That said, I find the suggestion that whoever likes the game announced here must be a (closet) Nazi completely laughable. In my experience there is a lot of correlation between the intended audience and some traits, but extremely seldom actual political conviction.
I usually hold to that line too, preferring fantasy and SF over traditional material though i have a special place reserved for the Greek/Roman period, that one being far far in the past.

The 2d WW , the biggest war the world has ever seen is bound to make stuff happen in the hearts of people... males who enjoy- have been grown up to enjoy strive in a good kind of way
The majority of games that I play on a regular basis are WWII-based. So -- since the question has been inferred -- why do I play them?

Firstly, I am a student of history and games can be a uniquely engaging gateway to experiencing historical conflicts. Completely accurate depictions? No, but certainly a great companion to actual reading and physical study.

Secondly, I do see playing these games as a remembrance of these terrible events and a sort of honor to the dead. Granted, this is hard to justify when a WWII game is poorly made, but overall I play these games with a constant reminder of the loss of human life during the war... and this extends beyond sides. Governments are monoliths with agendas that under close inspection can be seen as "good" or "bad," but individual soldiers are just people trying to stay alive and see their families again. That is the lens I use when playing. So, I see playing as an important part of both honoring the loss of life and of remembering both the conlflict, how it started, and how devastating it became.

Regarding Starni and this game...

Starni is a small developer. Their prior games are:

Panzer Startegy. (Spanish Civil War)
Strategic Mind: The Pacific (Pacific Theater WWII)

The games are quite similar and have -- sadly -- some terribly acted (at least in English) cut scenes (although they tend to look nice). Starni is a small but seemingly ambitious dev working in a particular niche and... probably doesn't have much savy in the dreaded and continually-evolving world of modern PR.

So -- again -- while I empathize with sensitivities around WWII themes, IMO this isn't a fascist sim / RPG. It's a hex strategy game. And while I enjoy games that can afford multiple perspectives, IMHO I don't see an indie title depicting Blitzkrieg as needing an Allied campaign in order to be complete, marketable, or acceptable... just as I wouldn't ask this of a classic like Panzer Elite.

So while I understand issues some might have, personally I quite look forward to Strategic Mind Blitzkrieg.