It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you sometimes have this feeling of “I could have done it better” while watching the streets of your hometown? Well, now you actually can. Smart City Plan from Ambiera is coming soon on GOG.COM. It’s a modern city builder game, that enables you to plan zones, roads, public transport, as well as policies and taxes. All for your citizens’ benefit.
"Decide policies"
"Write laws"

Interesting...
Post edited January 27, 2020 by BreOl72
So, and actual successor to SimCity?
Waldschatten: So, and actual successor to SimCity?
Thats what Ive been waiting on
Looks good, hopefully genre fans enjoy it. sure wish we could get Cities Skylines here though
tfishell: Looks good, hopefully genre fans enjoy it. sure wish we could get Cities Skylines here though
Oh god...can you imagine what happens here, if they release their 26 DLCs alongside the main game?
tfishell: Looks good, hopefully genre fans enjoy it. sure wish we could get Cities Skylines here though
Considering that it -- and many of its larger DLCs -- have been bundled to hell to have no value among those who use DRM services.

I hope this game's policies you can enact make sense with proper costs. Urban Empire's did not.
Post edited January 27, 2020 by mqstout
Looks at best pretty meh to be honest. Mostly because there seem to be limited infrastructure options. For instance, it seems that there are only two lane streets, even though every real city building game has more than two lanes. Not only that, but the cities in Smart City Plan seem to look like plastic. There is not really any sense of scale here, which means that some large buildings look smaller than they should. It may seem that I'm nitpicking but sense of scale is the most important factor of any city building game, otherwise the results of your spent playtime will always result in similar looking cities that look like they're made out of plastic (the very first version of Cities Skylines was similar) where nothing really stands out and there are not even high buildings or anything that stand out from a modern cities downtown. You know, stuff that every real modern large city has or at least some good city building games share.

At the very least I hope that you can at least build streets with more than just two rows, stuff thats absolutely essential to a cities function and esthetics but there is nothing like that shown in the trailer.
Post edited January 27, 2020 by Dray2k
BreOl72: Oh god...can you imagine what happens here, if they release their 26 DLCs alongside the main game?
You mean people's anger or all that DLC in the catalog and game libraries? (thankfully we now have the "hide dlc" catalog option) Whatever the case I'd rather the game get here and people choose whether or not to buy it.
A rocket being launched in a residential zone? Hmm...
Can one design the rail system in Smart City Plan?
Looks like it might be my type of game. Any word on the possibility of Linux support?
Charon121: A rocket being launched in a residential zone? Hmm...
Yes indeed, there's a launchpad in my neighborhood.

---
Are there homeless to be taken care of?
// https://games.slashdot.org/story/15/01/13/2318241/is-simcity-homelessness-a-bug-or-a-feature
Hmm . The previous games from this developer have a mixed reviews on Steam .

https://store.steampowered.com/app/950990/Business_Magnate/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/731920/Government_Simulator/
BreOl72: Oh god...can you imagine what happens here, if they release their 26 DLCs alongside the main game?
A lot of the DLCsplosion games like that don't do releases here until they have a complete edition to offer, they know we might be more forgiving on some things but excessive DLC can cause friction with GOG customers, so a lot of them just delay the game until we can actually buy the thing outright.

I don't really mind waiting, usually do even back in my console days, because when DLC (rather than full expansions) started being a big thing and then when "season passes" started coming in threes I pretty much gave up on buying anything that was likely to have DLC unless they offered a guaranteed complete edition where I could pay once and be done with it.

I didn't mind expansions, they typically had enough content to be worth shelling out for, but DLC seems to be little snippets that are rarely worth what is being asked but can often take away from the game if they're not included.